“Extremely poor support by management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orangeburg

You added Hampton Inn Orangeburg to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orangeburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3583 Saint Matthews Road, I-26 Exit 145-A, Orangeburg, SC 29118   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 15% Book Early
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Orangeburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Extremely poor support by management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2004

My wife and I were guests of this Hampton Inn on Sunday, June 6. While at breakfast on Monday morning, June 7, someone entered our room and robbed us of cash, gold jewelry and credit cards. To date, the only contact has been through the Orangeburg Police, who have been helpful. To date, we have not had any contact from anyone associated with the Hampton Inn and or the parent, Hilton. Extremely poor management and non existent followup with guests when a problem has occurred. Recommend that guests take their business to a safe place where even if a problem occurs, management will followup.

hampton_oburgsc, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Wow, I can certainly see how this experience may have left a poor taste for the hotel management at the Hampton Inn. As the new General Manager, your feedback is very important to me to ensure that my team exceeds your expectations. I assure you that my staff works very hard to ensure a perfect stay, so if there is ever a problem they make it their business to resolve it to the satisfaction of all of our guests. I am sorry you had that experience in 2004, but please consider it an isolated incident and know that if ever in the Orangeburg area our Hampton Inn will take good care of you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2004

I must say, that the Hampton Inn staff is very courteous and helpful, especially to families with young children. When you are travel weary, this is the place to stay and worth the price.

hampton_oburgsc, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you for your kind words. Our team is happy to deliver the Hamptonality service experience to all of our guests! Hope to see you again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Orangeburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Orangeburg

Address: 3583 Saint Matthews Road, I-26 Exit 145-A, Orangeburg, SC 29118
Location: United States > South Carolina > Orangeburg
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Orangeburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Orangeburg 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Orangeburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Orangeburg Hotel Orangeburg
Orangeburg Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Orangeburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.