“It really is a motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orangeburg

You added Hampton Inn Orangeburg to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orangeburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3583 Saint Matthews Road, I-26 Exit 145-A, Orangeburg, SC 29118   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 15% Book Early
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Orangeburg
Fredonia, New York
“It really is a motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I knew before arriving the rooms were on the outside so I can't complain but after checking in I felt I "paid" (I used points) too much. The room was very nice and very clean but the bath was small and the sink was in the room rather than bathroom. I couldn't open the shutters (nice touch) cause the walk was outside the door.
Our room was located in the front so we could hear the traffic. Service was Hampton standard (very good). We decided to leave a day early but I forgot to change my reservation - the clerk worked hard to find us a room as they were pretty full.
A very nice touch was warm cookies and free bottled water when we checked in. Breakfast was typical but not as good as we've had in other Hamptons.
I don't think we'd stay here again because for less money we could have found the same type accomodation, I'm sure. October is a busy month with the snowbirds moving south so, I would guess, it affected prices. This is a great exit with lots of restaurants and motels.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear mtab,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We really appreciate the compliments regarding our customer service and room cleanliness. We work hard to provide clean, comfortable hotel rooms for our guests and do everything we can to accommodate the needs of our travelers. We look forward to sharing your comments with our team.
We also want to thank you for sharing your thoughts about our breakfast buffet and hotel guest rooms. We comply with all brand standards to ensure that we are offering our guests the high quality Hampton Inn features that they have come to know and love. This includes the layout of our guest rooms and breakfast services. We will take your comments into careful consideration so that we can improve and better serve our future guests.
We are glad to hear that you enjoy exit 145A and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. Please contact our General Manager, Jason Skoler, with any additional questions or comments.

The Hampton Inn Orangeburg Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
york, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here overnight and found it to be pleasant. Like the previous person, our room was on the side of the restaurant and I too was awakened by the garbage truck. Of course, I can't blame this on the hotel. I don't have any real problems with this hotel and would stay here again when passing through the area.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have a lot of stuff, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear kkitt,

As the General Manager, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review about the Hampton Inn Orangeburg.

I would like to apologize for the garbage truck stopping next door early in the morning. We are doing everything in our power to resolve this issue with our local restaurants.

Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you again!

Thanks!

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Every thing as expected for the price paid. The west side of the motel.........not good!
Midnight: train goes by.
4AM Garbage truck collects from restraurant. Bang, bang, bang. Beep, beep, beep.
5AM: neighbors alarm goes off.
6AM Workers use power blower to clean the entire parking lot of said restraurant.
Two weeks later on our return trip, we asked for the East side. Much better.

Room Tip: Be sure to follow the advise of my title.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear krs33031,

As the General Manager, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced during your first stay with us, and I am glad to hear your next stay was more enjoyable.

I appreciate you bringing the noise issue to my attention, and I will work closely with the restaurants that surround us to resolve this matter immediately.

Thank you for giving us another try, and I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

After driving 6 hours and spending 4 hours site-seeing in Savannah, we were looking forward to a relaxing stay at the Hampton Inn in Orangeburg. While there were a number of hiccups along the way, the Hampton Inn did the right thing; and, gave me a full-refund, for the night.

I have been a long-term HHonors member; and, Hampton Inn has the best sleep quality beds in the industry. I have stayed everywhere from the Red Roof Inn to the Waldorf=Astoria; and, everything in between. Nothing beats the Hampton bed!

Like other Hampton Inns, the one in Orangeburg offers free Wi-Fi; and, free breakfast. I have to say that the hostess for our stay was one of the most-friendly, eager-to-please hostesses I have ever met at a Hampton Inn. She helped folks with the waffle maker, brought out fresh coffee and condiments; and, had a smile and “good morning” for everyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear acecafe911,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay on Tripadvisor. As a Hilton Honors member, your feedback is extremely important and valuable to us.

I would like to thank you for your compliments on our breakfast hostess, Emily, as she does do an outstanding job. Also, thank you for recognizing us for doing the right thing and refunding you for you stay. We value every guest, and when you are not satisfied with something, we don't expect you to pay. That is our 100% Hampton guarantee.

We appreciate your loyalty, and hope to see you on your next visit to Orangeburg, SC. Thanks again for your feedback.

Jason Skoler
Melbourne, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great breakfast! Nice employees. Good location. The Room? A poor experience for us!!

The decor is "retrofitted" new and tasteful. Here's what the "retrofitted" lacked in our stay. The floor tile was not retrofitted and grout was caked with either black mold or caked dirt. The toilet/shower room was tiny, the toilet also not retrofitted and although clean, was the older low variety. Toilet door warped or ill-fitted, did not close easily at all. Very warm water flowed readily, from our cold side faucet (hot water from the hot side); we let it run 10 minutes, no change. We haven't used bar soap for years. No liquid bath product was available.

We had items for the fridge and whenever we went to open it, it slipped partially out of its holder. So two hands needed to open and then stuff bounced around inside.

Public area and breakfast area all redone, EXCEPT kept old tables and chairs, which do not slide so have to lift chair to move it in to eat. Also stained and chipped. New suit, old shoes.

Cleanliness, outside room entry, I probably would not stay again.

Room Tip: Trains go by somewhere behind and to the West of the property. Rooms are well-insulated, but if sen...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear MartinH404,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Also, thank you for your nice compliments on our breakfast, staff, and location.

As the General Manager of this property, I would like to apologize for your room being anything less than satisfactory, and I appreciate your feedback as it is critical to our success. I can assure you the issues you encountered will be addressed immediately.

Thanks again for you review and we hope you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me directly at 803.531.6400 to ensure your next stay is flawless.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This was a last minute hotel reservation because we heard from the locals that the hotel we were originally staying at was...buggy. The room and bathroom was clean and updated and the bed was very comfy. This hotel was a good choice to stay at and would come back again.

• Stayed July 2012
Jason S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear eyesforplum,

Thank you for taking the time write a review on Tripadvisor. As General Manager, I appreciate your positive feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed or comfy beds, and thank you for complimenting our recently renovated bathrooms. Again, thank you for taking the share your thoughts, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the last minute. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,

Jason and the team at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, SC
Cincinnati, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

This small (2 story) Hampton is clean, staff is efficient, breakfast was great.. All in Hampton style/standards. What I didn't know prior to my arrival is that all of the rooms are on the outside of the property, like a motel 6. This may be important to folks traveling alone or with small children. I probably would not have selected this hotel had I known about the rooms being on the outside (4 security reasons). Everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orangeburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Ascitforth,

I'm Jason Skoler, General Manager at the Hampton Inn Orangeburg, SC. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor, and we appreciate your compliments on our clean hotel and efficient staff - we pride ourselves on cleanliness and service.
I also would like to apologize that you were unhappy with exterior entrance rooms. We were built as an original exterior Hampton Inn, which is less common today, but thank you for noticing we are up to Hampton Inn standards. I do appreciate your concerns for safety, but can assure you that our guests' safety is upmost important to our team, as we expect our Hampton Inn to be your "home away from home."
Again thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We hope that we will see you again soon if you return to our area, and please feel free to contact me directly at 803.531.6400 to make your next stay feel more like home.

Jason Skoler, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Orangeburg? Share your experiences!