“Nice budget hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Express Inn - Orangeburg to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Orangeburg
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Orangeburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3608 St. Matthews Road, I-26 and Hwy 601, Orangeburg, SC 29115   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Orangeburg
Roanoke, Virginia
“Nice budget hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at most of the motels on this exit.. If you dont have a tight budget.. Stay at the Holiday Inn. If you are watching the pennies... Stay here. The clerk was one of the nicest I have dealt with. Gave us a good rate.. Below advertised rate because it was so late. Its not the ritz but was surprisingly clean and roomy. Nice amenities micro/fridge looks new. Furniture in good condition. AC works well. Bathroom clean. Socks didnt get dirty walking in room. It didnt have the musty smell of many hotels. Will def. stay again!

• Stayed October 2012

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
High Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Well, I found a German cockroach crawling up the door moulding of the bathroom, but that can happen anywhere, especially in a first floor room. I was able to park right in front of my door, which made unloading easy. The TV was rather old, not a flat screen, but the remote worked. Channels were rather limited. The continental breakfast went from 6 to 9 a.m. I woke up too late to make it. On the way back, I stopped at the same Orangeburg exit and stayed at another motel, which stayed open for breakfast until 9:30. I made it this time. An extra half hour would be nice. The room had two queen sized beds, so I could lay out my car contents on the top of one bed and use the other. I think, overall, that the room was overpriced at $60, even with the senor rate. $50 would have been more like it. I fixed a cup of coffee in the morning, which was nice since I missed breakfast. Also, I did use the microwave oven on arrival, bringing in food with me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

WAYNE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel the night before our cruise out of Charleston, South Carolina. The room was good, the shower was good, the location was good (1-1/2 hrs from the port), the breakfast was adequate, and the price was okay ($60). Have no complaints.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

HAMPTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Room was okay, but the linen on the beds didn't look clean enough to sleep on. I am glad Ibrought my own linen. The tub/shower and bathroom floor needed cleaning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for the weekend because the hotel I normally stay in when I am in Orangeburg was booked. Big Mistake! The room initially looked clean, but there was a gap between the door and the floor about 2 inches high. I could see outside clearly. There was also an issue with a giant roach crawling out of the bathroom. After switching rooms, there was a gap of about an inch between the door and the door frame on the side! Having been burned already, I conducted a more thorough search of the room. I put my bags back in my car and made a beeline to the hotel down the street after discovering a large bug taking a nap on my pillow! Never again!

Room Tip: It is only a bargin if you can sleep there!