“Great airport stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milford, Connecticut
“Great airport stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed overnight for a flight the next day. I am handicapped & they couldn't have been any nicer to me. It had a nice pool, beautiful breakfast & very quick courtesy transportation to the airport. Would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Pet Friendly!! Good grassy areas to walk my dog. Good lighting at night. Check in check out was easy, desk staff friendly. I ended up with a suite as no other rooms were available, I got lost in it! Slept well, quiet. Breakfast was good with hot and cold choices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
somewhere,ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stopped at the hotel on our way home. STAY away. First it is pet friendly to all rooms, tough they say they try to keep them on the 1 or 2 nd floors. We checked in, and our room had a very heavy deodorant smell and the air was on high. I was getting bit on my feet and ankles almost immediately.
Pulled back the comforter, only to find old french fires on the floor and a mat of what like a giant hair ball. Looked behind the nightstand to find dead bugs, and foil wrapper, and more dirt and dust. I'm pretty sure the smell was from flea powder.
I picked up the bug and brought it to the front desk, said he didn't think it was a bed bugs, i had bites on my feet, offered to move us to another room, i said ok. Went to the new room, it was filthy, and refrig was clunking every 5 second. Back at the front desk again, yet to another room, worse, bodily fluid stains on the comforter, dirt on carpets, they never use a vacuum apparently in this hotel, hair, dust everywhere. Again back to the front desk, I said this one is worse than the other. Went back to the original room, now it's 2am exhausted, my husband is on the bed and I said look...there was a bed bug crawling on the sheets. We packed up and left that hotel. STAY AWAY>>>>>

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE> Comfort Inn across the street was cleaner, no pets.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Nice enough for an overnight stay with your dog. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was decent.
The location was convenient as it was just off the interstate. Our TV was not working when we checked in as the Front Desk attendant came up to our room to fix the remote within minutes of our call.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
North, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Room was very dirty. The carpets had many stains on them and the bedspreads had stains as well. The Drain in the bathroom did not work. Everything we touched felt sticky. Dirt and dust under and behind the beds.

Breakfast was good, however.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We recently stayed here with our Shih Tzu puppy. First of all, I've always stayed away from hotels that state they are pet friendly for fear of fleas and stains everywhere. Well, now we have a puppy ourselves and I was extremely glad to find a hotel in the area that allowed pets. I had already prepared myself for the 'state' of the hotel. Imagine my surprise when I arrived to a well maintained hotel that barely showed signs that pets were allowed. Yes, there were a few stains on the carpet but nothing extreme. The hotel was really nice. Our suite was as nice as the ones I've stayed in that cost 2-3x the amount we paid. The hotel employees were really nice. We had enough towels for the entire family. This is big for us! I usually have to request additional towels after I check in because most hotels give you 2 of everything even though the reservation states 2 adults and 2 children! Eva, our puppy, enjoyed her walks outside the hotel. The breakfast was nice and didn't allow pets. Yippee! The lady in the breakfast area was on top of things. There was something for everyone (DIY waffles, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, eggs, biscuits, sausage,etc.). We really enjoyed our stay and will stay there again with and without our pet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Whitesburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had been driving all day and decided to stop in Orangeburg to find a hotel. After stopping at several hotels and being told unreal rates we drove over to Country Inn and Suites. Suprisingly they were the cheapest hotel that we had checked and they had an indoor pool and breakfast. Our room was clean and comfy besides the big stain on the carpet...not sure what it was from maybe a dog?? The pool and hottub was warm and clean. I didn't notice any noise from other rooms like the other reviews noted but maybe I was too tired.
The best thing about the hotel was the breakfast. They had just about anything that you wanted to eat...eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, yogurt, grits, fresh fruit, mixed fruit, bagels, toast, muffins, coffee and juice and to top that Patricia and Avery kept the breakfast stocked and made sure we didn't need anything. I purposely went and asked them questions so that I could get their names. I was just so shocked that people are still that nice and friendly. They really do a good job with the breakfast area. I left with a smile because of those two.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has not ever had a pet in it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Orangeburg? Share your experiences!