“Best place on the beach to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tricia Lynn Motel

Tricia Lynn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Tricia Lynn Motel
You added Tricia Lynn Motel to your Saves list
4601 South Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #25 of 56 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
“Best place on the beach to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been vacationing at Myrtle Beach for several years now, and I have to say that I have found a new home at Tricia-Lyn. My family of (5) just recently had the pleasure of staying in room 111. Not only was the room big enough but very clean as well. The staff was very friendly from the time I checked in until check out. Pool was clean and refreshing after a day at the beach. If you want a nice, quiet and peaceful vacation, away from the high rise condo commando's than Tricia-Lyn is for you.

Kevin

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
smyrna s.c.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Read reviews on Tricia Lyn and was hesitant about the place until the day we arrived. We will return in 2013. Staff was very helpful. Lisa was friendly and helpful. Maid service was great. We loved the clean pool. Very close to many places to eat or shop. Our family of 11 stayed in 3 rooms and all the rooms were clean and met all our needs. No it doesn't have a plug in in the bathroom but has a huge mirror to use for all your needs. Take a drop cord. We were happy at this motel. Many visitors we met said they come yearly and join others from many states to enjoy each others company. Very nice and quiet people at motel. Couldn't ask for a better place to take my family of 11. It's a Beach with all the sand so lighten up and enjoy your stay instead of finding fault with everything.Many of us are going back and would love for all the negative people to join us. We could make your stay a great one for we are from the South where we know how to treat our visitors. Martins, Moss and Dovers.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Hard to choose one unless you want an Ocean view or Ocean front.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our daughter and her boyfriend stayed there at the Sea Villas in June 2012. It was after a last minute decision for them to go on spring break and meet their friends there. This motel and only one other place (Edgewater Inn) was available and willing to rent to seniors. I talked to Don Helsel and he was very nice and friendly, telling me that the Tricia Lyn Motel is family operated and their from up North here and has family in Pa.where we live. I felt safe and comfortable sending our kids there and assured them they dont drink and party and are not loud and very respectable. He couldnt have been more helpful. But my daughter wanted to stay at the Edgewater Inn because it was slightly closer to the beach. Well if you read my review for the Edgewater Inn you'll know why that was a mistake!! It was filthy, etc. and they got most their money back and went to Tricia Lyn Motel and steyed at Sea Villas. They Loved it! I was so relieved they had availability and were so nice to the kids when they were there. I talked to Lisa and explained to her everything and she was nice to the kids and got them right in. It's not the most lavish, awesome place you've ever seen but it was clean, close to beach, friendly staff, and cheap for the purpose they were looking for. Thanks everyone at Tricia Lyn Motel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reidsville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Got Lisa on the phone. I asked for a ocean front room - not ocean view, confirmed that we could smoke on the balcony (some hotel won't allow this). We talked for awhile & she knew what I was looking for. No problem. Upon arrival, not only was it not ocean front, the room didn't even have an ocean view or a balcony! The only "balcony" was the walkway to a second story room (no elevator, luggage carts). When I told them there must be some mistake,someone started giving me my (entire) refund. Lisa showed up before we left & told me that, "The facility was entirely located on the oceanfront but I didn't say that the room was." She told me that we "could smoke on the balcony because you could...you should have known it was the walkway." I shook my head & told her that she knew exactly what I wanted & deliberately deceived me. Never having been there before, how could I know any of that? Their pictures are non-existant for a reason. Painted cinder-block walls...I will not ever stay there. Dump is a kind word for this facility. Save yourself some trouble and just pony up a little bit more and get a decent room with nice amenities, for goodness sake! It is vacation, you know! We ended up at the Landmark in Myrtle Beach and had a great experience!

Room Tip: If Lisa answers the phone - ask for someone else. She lies!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lizard Lick, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Friends recommended us this motel; they always stayed in the ocean front motel and seemed to always enjoy their stay. We unfortunately were placed in what they called condos across the street. To be frank, my wife burst into tears upon seeing the room. It was very out of date for a remodel. At $130/day you would think there would at least be some amenities. There were small bars of soap and towels, nothing else. The TV (an antique by any standard) remote didn't work, as did several outlets. It wasn't very clean but this isn't the housekeeper’s fault, you can only clean a worn out room so clean. Since these are condos, the real residents treated us with indifference as I was just trying to be neighborly and introduce ourselves. Whatever you do in life...do not stay in room #138 at the Tricialyn Motel, you will be sorry!

Room Tip: Pray! Pray hard!!! i'm sorry to have rated the restaurant and fitness center poorly...there is...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

It was a nice small room with close access to the ocean. The room was clean and the pool was refreshing. Very nice managers. Will stay there for next years vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I originally booked a stay at Tricia Lyn for August 2010, Unfortunately I had a death in the family and received the call on our way there. Tricia Lyn was gracious enough to hold our deposit until April 1st 2011! My husband and I then planned a trip for February- March 2011. We arrived a day early, they "upgraded" our room (gave us something bigger) and adjusted our rate due to the season change. They allowed us to see the room first we were happy with it.. mostly due to cost and the view. CONS: Tricia Lyn is a MUCH OLDER motel- the windows are old and thin but offered a SPECTACULAR view of the ocean- the walls in our room were block and painted white and had a cold feel. The bedding was super clean, just not pleasing to look at. The comfort level of the bed was not very. PROS: The owners/staff know that they are competing with high end hotels and are very accommodating. The cost was much cheaper than a high end motel/hotel even during the low season. The hotel is close to everything- and the beach wasn't crowded when we went. They are in the process of updating and could see where they are making improvements a little at a time. I would stay there again in a heartbeaat.. again CHEAP= more money for play time!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tricia Lynn Motel? Share your experiences!