I have been staying in N. Myrtle Beach for years next door at the Maritime where my mom is an owner. On my last stay there I saw the Avista and was very curious as to what it was like. We booked a two night stay in a 1 bedroom oceanfront condo. The condo sleeps 8 ( 2 double beds in the bedroom, 1 double murphy bed in the wall, & sleeper sofa).
I really HATE the parking situation. I found it a difficult and not easily managed traveling alone with a 3 year old. I parked in registration parking & went upstairs to check in. I then came back down to my vehicle to get our luggage loaded on a cart & back up to the 7th floor to unload. Back down to registration parking to return the cart & move my vehicle across the street. In hindsight next time I will take my luggage with me to check in to avoid another trip down. I have read other reviews and was surprised to hear the hotel has bellman to help with luggage. There was never anyone there when I visited. Perhaps it's the off season and visits are shorter.
Even tho I disliked the parking situation immensely, I have already booked a return trip for another two nights this weekend. I'll tell you why:
a. great indoor pool & lazy river
b. great value
c. free highspeed internet
Most other hotels in the area do not have an indoor pool and if so they don't have a lazy river. Other hotels are older and the reviews are not as good & other hotels charge for internet or only have it available in the lobby area.
The rooms are adequate. I am not fond of the pedestal sink. There's a lot of room to put in a counter sink with loads of storage, but they opted for asethics over practicality.
The beds are okay, but not particularly comfortable. I did hear noise from others while trying to fall asleep. I wasn't going to sleep at an early hour either.
While I was there I think the maids reprogrammed the door because when I came back from Broadway at the Beach my door key wouldn't work. I had stopped to pick up lunch on my way back to the hotel and after parking across the street, going up to my room, & back down to registration & waited in line for quite awhile while the staff was dealing with new check ins & got my keycard reprogrammed & back up to my room again my lunch was of course cold. No one even apologized for the inconveniece,
I am going back tho so I guess that says something about the place.
Oh, BTW, the washer/dryer is crazy!!! It took me forever to figure out how to get the door open. Then I realized if I just waited for hours and hours it would unlock by itself. I had no idea they made machines that did both washing & drying. I think they should have just gotten a cheap stackable set than this ridicolous thing. I mean there is plenty of room in that closet for a stackable.
I posted some photos that you won't find on the Avista website.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.