Avista resort was in north Myrtle Beach and was right on the Ocean front. The condo we had was on the 9th floor and was an ocean view condo. It was a full front view of the ocean and had a small balcony with two chairs. it was great to sit out in the morning and watch the waves come in. We took our two children, ages 3 and 5 and they loved the pools and hot tubs. There are two lazy rivers (one under a roof, one outside), 3 pools, 3 hot tubs (one under a roof) and a baby pool. Just take a 100 to 200 ft stroll over the walkway and you are at the beach. Even though it was peak season in June, the condos and pools weren't overcrowded which was nice. There is a bar and some small craft activities for children (for an additional fee) offered by the hotel that are out by the pools. The ocean was busy, but not overly so that you couldn't rent an umbrella or chairs. it was nice to be so close and run inside for bathroom breaks and lunch. The room had a full size refrigerator, a stove, a cooktop and plates, cups and silverware to use. The room was clean, but the beds weren't very comfortable. The bedroom was at the front of the room and was noticeably hotter, at least 10 degrees. We had to leave the door open or it was uncomfortable sleeping at night unless we turned the air way down. There is also a murphy bed in the living room which my husband and I ended up sleeping on two of the nights for additional privacy from the kids and to cool down. Overall, good rating. Largest complaint was the elevators. We always had to wait several turns to get on and with being on the 9th floor, stairs weren't an option. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach