“Great view, decent accomodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avista Resort

You added Avista Resort to your Saves list
Avista Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 North Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Offers & Announcements
$58 (USD)
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Great view, decent accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Avista resort was in north Myrtle Beach and was right on the Ocean front. The condo we had was on the 9th floor and was an ocean view condo. It was a full front view of the ocean and had a small balcony with two chairs. it was great to sit out in the morning and watch the waves come in. We took our two children, ages 3 and 5 and they loved the pools and hot tubs. There are two lazy rivers (one under a roof, one outside), 3 pools, 3 hot tubs (one under a roof) and a baby pool. Just take a 100 to 200 ft stroll over the walkway and you are at the beach. Even though it was peak season in June, the condos and pools weren't overcrowded which was nice. There is a bar and some small craft activities for children (for an additional fee) offered by the hotel that are out by the pools. The ocean was busy, but not overly so that you couldn't rent an umbrella or chairs. it was nice to be so close and run inside for bathroom breaks and lunch. The room had a full size refrigerator, a stove, a cooktop and plates, cups and silverware to use. The room was clean, but the beds weren't very comfortable. The bedroom was at the front of the room and was noticeably hotter, at least 10 degrees. We had to leave the door open or it was uncomfortable sleeping at night unless we turned the air way down. There is also a murphy bed in the living room which my husband and I ended up sleeping on two of the nights for additional privacy from the kids and to cool down. Overall, good rating. Largest complaint was the elevators. We always had to wait several turns to get on and with being on the 9th floor, stairs weren't an option. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view, it is worth the extra money. The other non ocean view rooms face the opposite wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Tazewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a great resort. Our room was the perfect size for our four people. we were on the 14th floor so the view was great. The pool area was perfect with the lazy river and two pools and 2 hot tubs. We ate at the resort several times and the food was good. The staff was great and very helpful. I will stay at the resort again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived very early on July 3. Very nice gentleman checked us in at 5:00 am. We were very grateful as we drove all night with our young child. The location is great, the pools are very nice and clean. The room is very quiet and was clean upon checkin. Our kitchen is a tad small and doesn't have lots of storage but works and equipped with range, dishwasher, microwave. Having a washer and dryer is nice. Looking forward to our next five days.

• Stayed July 2013
JimEg, Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Avista Resort this year and for the nice comments about our staff. I am grateful they made you feel welcome. I would also like to say you may want to look at a "LNS" unit on your next stay as the layout is nice and it has a larger bathroom, 200 more sf and a private balcony and living room floor to ceiling in glass. If you are above the 7th floor on the south or the 10th on the north you have an unobstructed view of the coastline and I ma sure this ocean view unit will be your favorite.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We traveled down from Maine. After 18 hours in a car we were ready to relax. We pre checked in at 2 they said room may be ready by 3 and they would call. We went to lunch and walked around a bit. Came back at 4 we were told room still wasn't ready hung out in lobby. At about 5 I checked on room they said its ready. I said thanks for the phone call.
We got in our room and from that point for the whole week everything was awesome. Clean friendly and inviting. I'm already planning my trip for next spring. We can't wait

• Stayed June 2013
Lumberton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our first visit to Avista Resort was on vacation the week of July 4th. From the time we walked in until the time we left, the experience was excellent! Employees were great, resort was very clean. The room was extremely clean and up to date. It was nice to not run out of towels and washclothes and have to call front desk. They kept us well stocked with every thing we needed. Thanks for a great experience! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my 5th stay with The Avista during the 4th of July vacation, it continues each year to top itself. While relaxing by the pool I was asked several times by staff if I needed anything or if there was anything they could get for me. The festivites during the 4th are top notch and the staff is 5 star! On the morning of my check out there were no luggage carts available because of so many either checking in or out, which is usually aggravating when you are trying to get loaded up. The front desk took my room # and said someone would bring one to me. It wasn't 10 minutes and they were there. The gentleman without missing a beat came right in loaded the luggage, took it down stairs, and insisted on waiting with it while my friend and I got the vehicle and brought it down, he then helped put the luggage in the vehicle. We told him several times he did not have to do all that but he insisted saying that was what he was there for and he hoped we enjoyed our stay. The front desk staff is every bit as friendly and helpful and so is the staff by the pool and room service. The 4th is only 1 of 2 weeks I get for vacation from work and I would't want to spend it anywhere else. The Avista continues to top itself each year and every year I can't wait to come back to see what's in store next! Five star stay and treatment!

• Stayed July 2013
JimEg, Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and for the great comments about our staff. I am so grateful they made you feel welcome and appreciated. I know they do really appreciate our Customers and know what it is like to get that one vacation a year and how special it should be. I look forward to passing your comments along as it will make a lot of folks day, and it should, thank you again for taking the time to write.
Tarboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a very clean and nice resort. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Great view of the beach and just a quick walk to the beach. Great staff, pools, lazy river, restaurants, and fun. I would recomend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Avista Resort? Share your experiences!