“Girls weekend/Divas Half Marathon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avista Resort

Save Saved
You added Avista Resort to your Saves list
Avista Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 North Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Announcement
USA Today 10Best
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Girls weekend/Divas Half Marathon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here for the Divas Half Marathon in NMB. Perfect location, easy parking. Was near the start/finish line. Would've liked a better meal at the restaurant, and late checkout would've been nice to have after running the half. Clean, spacious room. Will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Danville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My sister and I stay here on a regular basis and we feel so safe and secure! Clean rooms and staff that make you feel so welcome! It is like a home away from home!!! Thanks Avista family for another wonderful stay!!!! We definitely recommend the Avista!!!!!

Room Tip: We enjoy the "ocean view" rooms. You can watch the traffic and also have an excellent beac...
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our trip was planned as an early Christmas present to our parents; as an additional bonus my brother & his wife joined us. I’d not been on a family vacation in years as Myrtle Beach was always our hot spot for vacations…

We arrived at the Avista Resort around 3:15pm on 11/19, pulled up to the drop off in front; the desk clerk was efficient and super friendly & quickly checked us into our rooms. Before we knew it we’d unloaded the vehicle, zipped up the elevator conveniently located just inside the loading/unloading zone, quickly spotted our rooms, opened the door and was absolutely blown away at the beauty behind the door. Did I forget to mention the lovely scent in the elevator & throughout the hallways to our room(s); we had a two (2) bedroom two (2) bath ocean front & our parents had a one (1) bedroom ocean front – there room was equally impressive – perfect for the two of them. The larger than life kitchen, bed rooms, & baths NOT to mention the fantastic view from the living & master bedroom… Oh yeah, the balcony/patio accessible from both the master bedroom and living room. GORGEOUS! & the little Sea Gull folded towel as an added bonus that greeted us in our bath! Our bed was super big and super comfy!

The ladies from room service were equally efficient, friendly & always available in the event you needed something.

Please tell VIOLA we said hello and thank you for making our stay at AVISTA one to remember!

The pool area both inside & out were really nice. The hot tub/spa was super nice; the temperature was perfect in the hot tub/spa, son & husband loved the pool/lazy river. The outdoor hot tub/spa equally nice!

Just outside the door from the inside pool was a super nice outside pool area – lazy river & all! I’m sure it would be nice in much hotter weather but we were NOT disappointed. The BEACH is just over a nice little walkway accessible on both sides of the hotel. We were in tower 3 so our walkway was just to the left.

We experienced the restaurant on Friday for lunch. Service was very nice, food was good! I would like to have been watching the ocean while eating as the view was of the parking garage and Main Street but again no big deal as it was still really nice and convenient since we didn’t have to leave the hotel.

I totally forgot to mention we’d wanted pizza the next day after arrival on Monday and they highly recommended California Pizza – even gave us the menu and coupons! THEY WERE SO RIGHT WE LOVED THE PIZZA – the delivery man brought it outside to the pool area where we all enjoyed our pizza and the amazing atmosphere of the AVISTA RESORT!

Everyone at the AVISTA Resort made our trip PERFECT! On behalf of my family & our parents, brother & sister n law THANK YOU AVISTA for making our Thanksgiving BEACH WEEK one to remember! These memories will be cherished for YEARS to come. We are already planning a SUMMER 2014 trip LORD WILLING since my stepson had never been to the beach and is really anxious to swim in the ocean when the water isn’t quite as cold. Thank you again EVERYONE AT AVISTA and look forward to another stay soon; Denise Joe & Mark, Barbara & Bill, Scott & Terina.

Room Tip: we had 302 and LOVED it, great ocean view - spacious
JimEg, Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful words, we will pass to Viloa and the staff right away! It is wonderful to hear from a family who just made the most of their stay and had the vacation everyone wants. We will also let Ultimate Calif. Pizza know you really enjoyed their pizza and I may go myself...We look forward to your return in 2014!
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Read many positive and negative reviews about this resort but decided to give it a go for a late August long weekend. Will not go back.

All the negatives that I read were true: parking lot across the street is not safe to get to, spaces are tight, elevator rarely works. Lazy river and pools were SMALL and dirty, (can not accommodate even a fraction of the amount of registered guests)never found a time of day when the sun actually came to the pool deck. The weird shape of the building almost creates a shade around pool area. Guest registration/lobby area is so small that we had to wait OUTSIDE to be able to check in. Restaurant never had more than 2 tables being used and food did not taste fresh. Our room shared a wall with the bar, which meant we had the joy of hearing the juke box play until closing each night. It sounded like we were in a club. If I had a younger child we would have had to check out.

Yes, we enjoyed our time at the beach and enjoyed our time exploring Myrtle Beach but will not return to this so called resort.

Room Tip: I can't remember which floor we stayed on but CALL and ask which floor the bar is on and do not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JimEg, Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I want to say that we do feel bad you had such issues. I know a "U" shaped building does look nice but we also see the sun move towards 4:00PM to put shade on most of the pool but there is a large grass area out front and hopefully you found that area nice for lying out as well. I will get with our engineering staff and see what we can do about the noise from the lounge or move the music as I was not aware that was an issue and I do apologize that this disturbed your rest. Thank you for taking the time to write us and let us know of areas we need to improve, while we cannot correct everything we will do our best, thanks you again for staying with us and helping us to improve.
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed in mid-November, and it was cool so I could not swim. Unfortunately I was simply passing thru, and only stayed the one night. I booked the room due to location and price. Since it was off-season, I paid $69 for the night - a great deal for a 1-BR condo overlooking the ocean. The view was nice, and there were many pools, that had the weather been better and I was staying longer, I'd have used. The food for breakfast was decent - it was hot and a full breakfast. The room was a good size and a great value for the money. My only complaints were that the living room smelled like sour milk, but the place seemed very clean and kept up well. The beds were comfy and the place was quiet. The other complaint was that parking was across the street - not a huge inconvenience, but I went to the car several times while there and it was a bit of a pain. However, I would like to return for a longer stay if I am in the area to enjoy the ocean just yards away, and those many pools...if the price is right.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you want to get away from it all, this is the place. i think what inmpressd me the most was it was clean and like being at home. Rooms were big and the pictures are accurrate.

I wouold take my family there again.

Room Tip: We were in the middle of the complex had a nice view straight out into the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salem,VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Check-in and out was quick and efficient,very roomy 2BR Condo with wonderful view of the ocean.The room was clean, roomy,well appointed,and comfortable.Large HD TV in living area,but a real stickler for me,ancient CRT TVs in the bedrooms.We ate both in the lounge(appetizers) , and Just Off Main (breakfast buffett),the food was lacking in quality and taste.At night(after golfing) we lounged in the 2 outdoor hot tubs,and even at 43* outside,they were hot and relaxing.Overall; a very nice resort for the price,and I will return to Avista again,(we will just eat out),I am looking forward to the friendly staff and excellent rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Avista Resort? Share your experiences!