“A great location in Myrtle Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avista Resort

Save Saved
You added Avista Resort to your Saves list
Avista Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 North Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Announcement
USA Today 10Best
Albany, NY
“A great location in Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed in mid-November, and it was cool so I could not swim. Unfortunately I was simply passing thru, and only stayed the one night. I booked the room due to location and price. Since it was off-season, I paid $69 for the night - a great deal for a 1-BR condo overlooking the ocean. The view was nice, and there were many pools, that had the weather been better and I was staying longer, I'd have used. The food for breakfast was decent - it was hot and a full breakfast. The room was a good size and a great value for the money. My only complaints were that the living room smelled like sour milk, but the place seemed very clean and kept up well. The beds were comfy and the place was quiet. The other complaint was that parking was across the street - not a huge inconvenience, but I went to the car several times while there and it was a bit of a pain. However, I would like to return for a longer stay if I am in the area to enjoy the ocean just yards away, and those many pools...if the price is right.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you want to get away from it all, this is the place. i think what inmpressd me the most was it was clean and like being at home. Rooms were big and the pictures are accurrate.

I wouold take my family there again.

Room Tip: We were in the middle of the complex had a nice view straight out into the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salem,VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Check-in and out was quick and efficient,very roomy 2BR Condo with wonderful view of the ocean.The room was clean, roomy,well appointed,and comfortable.Large HD TV in living area,but a real stickler for me,ancient CRT TVs in the bedrooms.We ate both in the lounge(appetizers) , and Just Off Main (breakfast buffett),the food was lacking in quality and taste.At night(after golfing) we lounged in the 2 outdoor hot tubs,and even at 43* outside,they were hot and relaxing.Overall; a very nice resort for the price,and I will return to Avista again,(we will just eat out),I am looking forward to the friendly staff and excellent rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Montréal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed in a 3 room condo, 6 adults. Right on the beach. Rooms were very clean. Large balcony. Great staff. Easy to check in and to check out. Is at North Myrtle Beach, in a more quiet area then Myrtle Beach. More place on the beach to place your towel. Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We enjoyed our two night stay. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable (a big deal for my husband who has back issues) and the staff was friendly, especially the wait staff at the Just off Main restaurant. The only issue was the free wifi never worked properly. I called the front desk twice and they reset it but it still did not work so I ended up activating the mobile hotspot feature on my moble phone. Overall though we would definitely stay there again.

JimEg, Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments on our staff, I will be happy to pass them on for you, they will appreciate it as they try very hard. I am sorry about the wifi I will look into that right away as we should not have reset it twice and it not work. Thank you for taking the time to let us know though so hopefully our other guests will not have the same problem though we should have had it fixed for you. Please give us another try as we promise to get it right the first time.
Forest City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our 1st stay, but it won't be our last. Check-in was a snap, with friendly staff. The room was amazing. Didn't expect what we walked into. We had awesome views of both the ocean and the strip towards Cherry Grove. Couldn't focus on any football games sitting in the living room, the eyes kept wondering off to the ocean or the strip. Nice private balcony. Super comfortable beds. Walking to the OD clubs was great. Short ride to great shopping. Nice wide beach area. Great for resting. We would highly recommend Avista.

Room Tip: We were on the north end, 9th floor. Views were awesome.
Belews Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Avista 5 times now. Each and every time has been great. It's located in such a great area for shopping and eating out. The beach area is fantastic! I highly recommend this resort. The staff are very nice and helpful and want to make your stay a great one. The rooms are always nicely decorated and clean! Also you feel very safe and secure in this resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JimEg, Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I just wanted to say thank you for choosing to stay with us 5 times already and the kind words. We do really appreciate the positive and negative comments that help us do the best job we can and I look forward to passing on your wonderful comments to our staff. Thank you again.

Been to Avista Resort? Share your experiences!