Message from TripAdvisor:

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Flushing, Michigan
“above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I would highly recommend the Beach Cove Resort. The staff (in particular, Ken, Sandra, Mary, Greg and Eric) do an outstanding job making sure you are satisfied. I have never dealt with a more accommodating and friendly hotel. I will be back!

Room Tip: corner rooms are the best for the ocean view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
BCGManager, Front Office Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We strive to make your stay the most enjoyable one ever and pride ourselves upon the level of customer satisfaction we deliver! We are happy to hear our staff made such a positive impact on your stay and look forward to delivering that same level of satisfaction in the future!

Beach Cove Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Fayetteville,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

What can I say? Me and my husband took some time away from work, family, stress all of the good stuff dealing with mommy hood.;) well our stay at Beach Cove Resort was wonderful. The staff was excellent. We checked in after 7pm, the gentleman was very friendly. All smiles, he made us feel very welcomed. He reassured me if we needed anything, anytime do not hesitate to contact him Our room was on the 16th floor, he said if it is to high in the air let us know we can move you to something more accommodating. We had an executive suite, which was amazing by the way. All new kitchen appliances, just wonderful. Full size refridge, newer microwave. Porcelain tiles throughout the Entire room, so for those folk with bad allergies from carpets, this is great. The bed, when u first sit on it, feels kind of hard, but it conform to your body for a great night sleep.The plan was to come to myrtle beach and go catch some shows or visit some attractions. My room was so relaxing, I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE.. LOL..SERIOUSLY!! Thank you Beach Cove for an amazing get away. The view that I awoken to everyday, absolutely breathtaking. We will be returning next month, this time with the kids. Awesome job guys!! Please keep up the good work. I would recommend this place to anyone. 5* hotel for an amazing price. Ps... All the pictures, everything that beach cove offers on their website, its true!!! We will be back after Valentine's weekend.

• Stayed January 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. We are glad to hear our staff made you feel welcome and accommodating upon your arrival. The best compliment we can receive is your repeat business. We look forward to your return next month and wish your family safe travels!

Nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Honestly, Beach Cove has never hit my personal radar, as Top 5 hotels I check rates on, when planning a trip to North Myrtle Beach area. Most of the time, our family stays in North Myrtle Properties, we like the flow, uncrowded-ness, and easy access to everything right from a NMB location. For this trip, I happened upon a 38% discounted rate, marketed as a "Managers Winter Special" from Beach Cove. I compared their rates to my true Top 5 choices, and this property beat the others out by about $50 for the overall total price - comparing same room type and same dates. Since this property displayed a TripAdvisor Badge of Excellence for 2013, I thought, let's try it, at least once. Sooooo, here are the Pros & Cons, from my humble point of view, as a Winter Traveler.

Pros:
* Absolutely beautiful outdoor property - between the fountain, the bridges, platforms, multiple outdoor pools, and plenty of space to spread out - this place has a huge outdoor footprint (I bet summers here are awesome for sun lovers)
* Easy access to the actual beach - want your feet in the sand, it's literally right there, steps away from their backyard & your room
* Convenient and nice covered parking deck, we really liked the parking deck
* Easy access to Kings HWY - you can literally leave their parking area & turn right OR turn left and be back on Kings HWY in about 30 seconds. There is even a small but NICE public park on Windy Hill Ave, walking distance of the hotel (note, there is a "parking area" also). The location is close to anything you would want. A 15-20 minute ride put us from BeachCove Property over to Medieval Times horse show at Fantasy Harbour
* Decent game room - old school arcade, complete with full size air hockey table, (2) pool tables, a Ms. PacMan game, multiple race car games (plus many others), and a small dance floor (again, I bet this place is jumping in the summer as this room also houses an ice cream shop "in-season", was closed for our visit)
* Excellent racquetball-court, we absolutely loved this room
* Very nice indoor pool & indoor hot tub - small but sufficient
* Huge place - lots of luggage carts, many elevators, lots of room, amazing outdoor views, they make great use of large & towering glass windows throughout their public spaces to let you see what's going on outside
* Winter rates were pretty good, considering these factors: off season = low population (exactly what I'm looking for), all rooms are oceanfront, only two pools operational, ALL their onsite extra-curricular refreshment spots are shut down, arcade room had some games broke down & was un-staffed, it's a cold walk to your car. Basically, the hotel is not running at full service, thus the deep rate cut (I guess)
* Room size - we booked a 3-bedroom, it was plenty big, we never got in each other's way & there were 8 of us all together, square footage was plentiful
* Updated bathrooms/showers & brand new in-room washer/dryer
* FOUR working televisions, a TV in each bedroom & a TV in the livingroom - those families with kids, teenagers, husbands that like the news know how great this is
* Comfy beds - yes, the beds were comfortable, no morning back aches

Cons:
* Dated rooms - ours was decorated like something straight out of the late 70's/early 80's, that faded brown & yellow "splashed together" color, with polka dots and stripes mixed in, yeah...all the way (except the bathrooms-they were 100% updated & new)
* Hot water - where was it? The kitchen never saw a drop of hot water and to take a shower you had to wait a good 7 minutes to get it lukewarm. No excuse here, get the hot water straightened out please
* Drafty - our room had a constant draft pulling from the outside door through all the rooms, we had to roll up towels and lay them against all doors that would close, just to get the thermostat to register 68 at night...d-r-a-f-t-y, dog-gone drafty!
* Low maintenance - each room had "busted up something" (cabinet doors off hinges, tiles cracked, wall paper peeling) - for as grand as the public spaces are...the rooms are showing their age
* Room Oceanfront View - I'll chalk this up to being my fault, however, the way it was "handled" merits that I incorporate it into my review. We were assigned to room 101. 1st floor 3-bedroom condo. The balcony railing was raised, almost double the railing height of 2nd floor+ rooms. I suppose this is some type of regulation, or law, but nonetheless it made me feel like a trapped & voluntary prisoner. Why, in the dead middle of winter, can a huge hotel not assign you a room higher than the 1st floor? I guess this is where that "38% discount" kicks in. We called the front desk within minutes of being in the room & of course - no other room was available. But we were offered the chance to downsize to a 2-bedroom for night #1, then for nights #2 & #3 move again to a better 3-bedroom. Now, come on, who wants to move TWICE in one hotel stay? With kids, with a baby, on vacation, it just keeps the apple-cart upset, right? In the end, we stayed in room 101, I never once used the balcony. I learned to ask for room assignment higher than the 1st floor upon making any reservation in the future. When I come to the beach in the winter, it's all about the view from the room, to me - that is what it is all about

Overall, as much as I want to stay here again, most likely will not. I'm not a sun lover so the outdoor wonderland won't draw me back & that is the best part about this place. The front desk promised me a $10 +tax room credit (yes, ten dollars) for the 1st night, due to our unhappiness with the Oceanfront view, but now that I've been home for nearly three days, that promise has not hit my credit card yet, not even as a pending transaction. I'll hold out hope that they put it through soon, or I'll have to make a call to Management. Staff was courteous and helpful and just overall nice, no complaints about how we were treated, from front desk staff to housekeeping to security staff, all were simply nice. Major issue was, I booked & paid for Oceanfront. I did not consider the "fine print". Lesson learned for me. It's a deal-breaker, everyone has a deal-breaker...

I'm a Mom and a Career Gal (Customer Service Leader - of all things - wink), 34yrs old, married to the love of my life for 7 great years, we have 2 kids, ages 6 & 5, we travel with family & friends 100% of the time, we are bargain hunters, we work hard for our money and when we spend it, we want to get the best value possible. For the price paid this trip, I give this place a 6 out of 10. Next time I'll go back to one of my standby Top 5 choices, pay the extra $50 bucks, and get the room/view/expectations I truly look forward to when vacationing in NMB. I would not deter anyone from booking a stay here. If you have managed to read this entire review, you should know what you are in for at Beach Cove. Thanks for lending my review your time.

Room Tip: If you truly want a great & unobstructed "Ocean Front View" from your balcony, request...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
BCGManager, Front Office Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am very sorry to hear that the view from your room was not what you were anticipating. There are 12 three bedroom condos on our rental plan and unfortunately all of them were occupied at the time you checked in. I know that an explanation does not make up for the fact that your accommodations fell short of your expectations. It is troubling to hear that you feel you were somehow deceived by the “fine print,” but I assure you there was no correlation between the rate you paid and the 3 bedroom condo you received. I sincerely hope the positives of your experience will outweigh the negatives and you return to Beach Cove Resort.

Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was our first visit but will not be the last. We had the one bedroom suite (16th floor) and were very satisfied. It was very clean and exactly like the pictures on the website. A few tips:

If you like to watch sunrises from your room, avoid rooms 06-15 on each floor in B tower as the sun angle does not work in January.

Even though there is a separate bedroom, one wall does not go completely to the ceiling and there is a louvered section to the living area that does not block noise if someone is watching TV/talking in the living area. For more than 4 people, the unit will be crowded.

Beds were very firm without being hard.

In summer months I assume that waits on the elevator and auto traffic flow in and out of the resort may be much slower due to higher occupancy.

All rooms faced the beach and the view from the 16th floor was spectacular. There were a number of pools (including an indoor) with some heated. There was also a small gym and a rec room. Parking was immediately outside the front entrance in their own garage.

We were part of a group meeting at the resort and heard only good comments on units ranging from the one bedroom to the 3 bedroom units. The meeting facilities were very good.
The vote was to hold the next meeting at the Beach Cove next year.

The Beach Cove is located on 48th Ave S which is directly across from Barefoot Landing and the Alabama Theater.

Room Tip: Rooms 06-16 in B tower are not good for sunrises in winter months.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. We are very grateful to hear that your group voted to return to Beach Cove for your meeting next year. The view from the 16th floor is definitely spectacular! Thank you for staying with us.

FYI: The B Tower rooms (16-25) face northeast and have the best view of the sunrise.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We first stayed at the Beach Cove several years ago but we keep coming back because we have not found a place we like better for location, price and amenities. The condo owners who rent through the resort itself are supposed to make certain updates every year, but some have done more than required. We like the look of 713 with refinished walls, new cabinetry in the living and bedroom areas and a full sized refrigerator. The nearby restaurants, shows and shopping are good year round but some of the resort amenities are seasonal.

Room Tip: Do not rent from an outside agency if you want to have the housekeeping and maintnance services prov...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. It is wonderful to hear that you have been coming here for several years because our location, price and amenities can’t be beat. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Dobson, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family and I decided to take a last minute to the beach! When we researched prices, we found Compass Cove at an incredible price. I was skeptical, but decided to book it anyway. When we Arrived, I was excited to see a beautiful room with a bedroom separated from the living area with TV's in both rooms. The view was spectacular! The ONLY drawback was the pull-out bed in the couch. My daughter wanted to sleep there, but the mattress was badly stained with who knows what. Needless to say, the couch bed was not used for sleeping. Although we didn't use them, there were several pools, hot tubs, a piano bar and a game room. All in all, a wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. You mention another resort, but you reviewed Beach Cove, the amenities resemble ours and we do have incredible prices…so it sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for staying at Beach Cove and we look forward to seeing you again!

Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is our second New Years eve visit and we will be back again. Love this resort and staff. They were very quick to give us a new room when the first room wasnt ready. The new room was great. Great kitchen. We served a full New Years eve dinner to our friends.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was great. Will stay again.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
BCGManager, Front Office Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. Nothing beats ringing in the New Year while overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with family and friends. We appreciate you staying with us!

Beach Cove Resort

Been to Beach Cove Resort? Share your experiences!