“Overnight trip” 4 of 5 stars

$80 (USD)
Randleman, North Carolina
“Overnight trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We brought my Mom here for her birthday to stay overnight. Being off season, it was very quiet in the area. We asked for an ocean view room and were delighted with the location of 1203. She fully enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching the activity on the beach as well as the ocean and the city of N. Myrtle Beach. The 3 bedroom unit was in excellent condition, although the carpets need cleaning. We enjoyed the indoor lazy river rafting in the bottom and the pool and hot tub as well. Wished they had heated the main pool, as we were the only ones using it this night. Would definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the ocean view suites on the higher floors. This cuts down on noise of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Barneveld, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a very nice ocean front property right on the beach. They have several room options the best being the 3 bedroom ocean front room's. these rooms are very spacious with huge picture windows looking out over the ocean and up the coast. The master bedroom is also ocean front so you can hear the surf and also look out over the ocean while in bed. The other bedrooms are good sized with their own TV's. A large living/dining room overlooking the ocean and a fully equipped kitchen. Some of the furniture is showing wear and needs to be replaced. As others have mentioned the parking garage is tight and you need to be careful parking. For large vehicles there is a nice parking lot acrosssed the street.

Room Tip: Three bedroom corner room
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We really do appreciate the effort and we need both the positive and negative comments to ensure we do our job of making each stay as enjoyable as we can. We know you can choose to stay anywhere and appreciate you choose us! We are looking at refinishing our furniture or replacing them and have started that process and look forward to your next visit.
Flowery Branch, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went to a concert at the House of Blues and was looking for someplace close to stay. This was perfect. Hurricane was a nice touch as well! Very spacious, great views, huge tub. More a condo than a hotel, but very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I spent two weeks researching hotels in Myrtle Beach and was about to call off the vacation and pick a new beach however after changing my search to include North Myrtle Beach, I came upon the SeaSide. While other hotels had serious complaints (ie: bugs, urine smells) the biggest complaint for SeaSide seemed to be parking. Parking deck is tight but end spaces seem to be a good choice so that your doors won't get bumped by the car next to you. We found our room to be quite clean and pleasant and we had no major issues with our stay. Housekeeping did a good job everyday. We stayed on the top floor in room #1404 a two-bedroom oceanfront room. During our stay, we asked to see their 3-bedroom unit. It was so impressive! Two of your walls are nothing but windows and the view is spectacular without even going outside. Great for someone who needs to limit their exposure to the sun!! You can see it all without leaving the room! Would be a great room during the winter months to have the view without the chill of the air. Be sure to stay on floors 10-11-12 or 14 if you want an unobstucted view!!! Flo, in the breakfast area, was very knowledgeable on weekly events and places to visit. Couldn't find a nicer staff member! Pool, Hot Tubs and Lazy River were fantastic temperatures. Hotel was not full being October but it was a wonderful time to visit. Temp's were around 76-82 degrees and perfect weather for beach or pool. This was an amazing trip for us and we would definitely stay at SeaSide again when we return!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are all 3 bedroom but offer an amazing view of about 5 miles in either direction if you...
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

For several years my family & I have stayed at Seaside & were very impressed with the courteous staff & cleanliness of the establishment - but not so this year. It appears that the condo was not as clean as in the past (dead bugs on the floor, nicotine gum wrapper under the bed, paper towel between the mattress, lots of dirt under the bed (I don't think under the bed had been vacuumed properly in quite awhile), etc. What did it for me & ruined the rest of my vacation was finding 3 live bugs crawling on my sheets, under my pillow, & on the mattress in the early morning hours of the first night I stayed. I am highly allergic to insect bites & I hope I was not bitten while sleeping. I caught 2 alive bugs, sealed them in a baggie, & turned them in the the desk manager who stated that she would be contacting an exterminator. I checked out that morning & returned home very upset having cut my beach vacation so short. What disappoints me so much is that Seaside has been a top notch facility in the past & I hope that the managing staff will investigate the bug problem & improve their cleaning practices - I would hate for such a nice facility to deteriorate.

JimEg, General Manager at Seaside, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
First please accept our apologies for the stress of finding any unwanted pests in your unit and I assure you we have the same standards and attempt at cleanliness as always. Please be aware that these pests are not found n the hotel because of cleanliness issues but our transported there form guests who may have picked them up elsewhere and unknowingly brought them. Once we find the issue we block the room and treat the room and the area around right away so no one else has this surprise. We treat the areas around the unit and the entire building is treated monthly so this is not a typical experience but unfortunately we won’t know about this situation until it happens, hardly ever in advance, as some pest are nighttime and we don't we always find them before a guest does, fortunately this is not often. We truly feel bad this happened and would appreciate your contacting the hotel manager to see what we can do for to make it up to you.
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I needed to stay for just one night close to the Grand Strands Airport. Quick search of the TripAdvisor, and I found a great rate at the SeaSide; just $64 with breakfast. This special deal did not show up on the hotel’s web site. I called the property and made reservation in minutes.

Your first impression of the Seaside will start at the garage. As others pointed out it is very cramped. My rental mid-size Toyota barely made the turns. However, there’s a modest open parking lot across the street just a few steps away from the entrance.

There’s no lobby like in most hotels. You will have to go to the third floor to a small reception area. There are no special check-in parking spots. Park your car and then take the elevator to the third floor.

Compared to some other condos in Myrtle Beach, the one-bedroom at the SeaSide was huge. The bedroom had two queen beds, a small TV and a closet. Beds were comfortable; bedding clean. The living room had a nice dining table for six, a couch, a queen-size Murphy bed, and a large flat screen TV. My condo was on the side of the building. Still I could see the ocean from the large balcony. The kitchen was spotless, with plenty of utensils, a coffee make, microwave, stove, a dishwasher, and a full size fridge with an ice make. They even had a washer and drier. The bathroom was so vast that you could through a party there. It had a full size whirlpool bath tub large enough to fit two people. Everything was spotless with plenty of towels.

My rate included a continental breakfast. The breakfast area is on the 6th floor. I imagine that in season the floor gets very busy and noisy. The breakfast selection was modest at best. Cold boiled eggs, couple of cereals, instant oatmeal and grits, apple and orange juice, milk, sliced bread and Danishes that can be toasted, yoghurt, apples, and coffee. Nothing fat free.

Overall, I really enjoyed my short stay. The SeaSide is a great place for a beachfront vacation. Just don’t get stuck in the garage. Also, consider going out for breakfast to one of the many pancake houses or making your own.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at Seaside for the second time in Sept-Oct 2012 with our daughter, son-in-law, and 4 1/2 yr old grandson. The lazy river, outdoor pool, and hot tubs are great. Excellent beach access too. Rooms are excellent - clean, modern, well-appointed, spacious. The on-site breakfast is satisfactory and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. We found Seaside through TripAdvisor and I am pleased to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the ocean-front rooms and they do not disappoint. We saw dolphins from our ba...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seaside? Share your experiences!