This is a great hotel and a perfect choice for a family vacation.
We arrived at 5:00 p.m. and were quickly checked in by the hotel manager who happened to be working the front desk when we got there. We were checked in very quickly. As an added bonus as a Best Western Rewards member, we were given a bag containing guides and coupons for the area. That was a nice touch.
There are three buildings here. We were assigned to the third floor of the main building where reception is located. Another taller building is right next door and the third is a few buildings down and is known as the annex.
Our room was outstanding. We had two beds including a king for myself and my wife and a twin for my son who had his own room. We had a balcony facing the ocean which we spent several hours on just enjoying the view. The bathroom was a good size and we also had a kitchenette. That came with ample pots and pans, plates and utensils. We didn’t use it much (who wants to cook on vacation?) but it was there if we wanted to use it. The refrigerator was a good size.
There were two pools and a lazy river. They aren’t that deep (five feet max) but that’s good since so many children stay here. Beach access is a few steps away and it’s a really nice beach. Not too crowded even on a holiday weekend.
What really impressed me with this place was the cleanliness. I mean spotless! That includes our room, common areas and the pools. The place is well maintained even though the common areas are starting to show a bit of age and could use a facelift. Our room was fine.
Breakfast was good. It gets quite crowded. The staff kept everything well stocked even after 10:00 when service officially ended. There is seating both inside and outside but we always managed to find a seat. It helped that guests were pretty civil to each other and the constant restocking certainly helped that.
The staff we encountered was always polite and caring. The front desk always said hello to us and asked if we needed anything. Parking was ample and there a few lots to choose from which are a short walk away. We never had a problem parking even when returning to the hotel late at night. Kudos to the hotel for that as parking is always in short supply at a beach resort area.
Not much in terms of stores or restaurants near the hotel. There is a convenience store across the street and an Irish pub a few blocks away. Otherwise, you’ll need to drive but there are plenty of restaurant choices not that far away.
This is a great choice in the Myrtle Beach area. This area is quieter than the main areas of Myrtle Beach. The beach is about the same as you would find a much more expensive hotels south of this one. I’m not one for crowds so this hotel was just right for us.
Overall, an outstanding stay and my family and I look forward to returning here next summer…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Ocean Sands Resort Hotel in North Myrtle Beach SC has the relaxed vacation atmosphere and friendly service of a family owned hotel with the security and peace of mind of the Best Western national chain.Accommodations feature 95 ocean front one and two room suites and efficiencies, along with 21 side view king rooms, the Best Western Ocean Sands Resort Hotel has a long standing reputation as one of the best beach hotels for your Myrtle Beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ocean Sands Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Best Western North Myrtle Beach
- North Myrtle Beach Best Western