We've been coming to this hotel for the last 10+ years, mostly during the Christmas season. My parents live nearby so it's nice to have our own space.
This year the price seems to have jumped higher than usual- it was typically about $55/night all in and our total bill was about $66/night this time.
We still enjoy the balcony on the ocean and the kitchen facilities. We've always been put in the tower, across the parking lot- it can be a bit of a pain when you're moving in and out. They provide baggage carts but there's so little room to maneuver them we ended up wheeling them out into the street to get to the tower elevator.
Everything was clean, and family members who own the hotel were usually at the front desk. Breakfast is fine- a few hot items every day. Parking could be a problem in peak season- even when we were there we had to use the overflow lot across the street a couple of times. They'd blocked off a couple of very convenient spaces right in front of the hotel for "loading and unloading" only, whcih didn't help.
One improvement is that they've finally replaced the exercise machines in the Fitness Center. Even in December, I was able to run on the beach a couple of days so I can see why the Fitness Center might be a low priority- little need for it. The machines they had, though, were in dismal shape and had been for years. There's now a new treadmill, elliptical trainer and stationary bike. I was grateful to have them on one particularly stormy day.
We may do some checking before our next trip to see what other hotels fall into this price range, but would still stay at this one if their prices are competitive.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ocean Sands Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Ocean Sands Hotel
- Best Western North Myrtle Beach
- North Myrtle Beach Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Ocean Sands Resort Hotel in North Myrtle Beach SC has the relaxed vacation atmosphere and friendly service of a family owned hotel with the security and peace of mind of the Best Western national chain.Accommodations feature 95 ocean front one and two room suites and efficiencies, along with 21 side view king rooms, the Best Western Ocean Sands Resort Hotel has a long standing reputation as one of the best beach hotels for your Myrtle Beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.