“Great Pub Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Located on Main Street in the Ocean Drive section of North Myrtle Beach, Flynn’s Irish Tavern is a locals favorite and a must stop for annual and first time visitors to the Grand Strand. Just a short walk from the wide sandy beaches and first class accommodations of Ocean Drive, and a short ride from the many championship golf courses that populate the north strand. Flynn’s is a perfect place to enjoy a pint or two after a day on the beach or the golf links.Flynn’s is owned and operated by the Flynn Family and the authentic look and old country feel of the establishment comes from Marty’s place of birth, County Roscommon, Ireland. The tavern is housed in the former North Myrtle Beach jail, in fact, the jail cells are still here and tours are given upon request.
Conway, South Carolina
“Great Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I, along with three friends, visited this restaurant recently primarily based upon a nice write-up in the local newspaper. My wife and I have been on a number of walking holidays in the British Isles and this establishment certainly has the character and ambiance of what we know from our travels. Our group tried four different entrees, two had liver and onions, one had shepherd's pie, one had corned beef and cabbage, and I had the daily special lemon pepper pork chops. We unanimously agreed that the food, in all its variations, was very good. The pork chops would be good anywhere. Additionally, there is a nice selection of beers and ales on tap.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Belmont Wv
“Family atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I enjoyed our meal. I had the banger and mash and my husband had the shepherd's pie. The wait staff was nice. My husband thought the portions could have been bigger, but I had plenty to eat. We will eat here again the next time we stay in North Myrtle Beach.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great pub food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat at Flynn's on a regular basis; my favorite is the Banger and Mash (Sauages, mashed potatoes and onion gravy) with a glass of Cider. Delicious, one dish my wife enjoy is the Corn Beef and Cabbage, you will find all the food very good along with excellent service. We like to eat in the bar area for the atmosphere and having Chris the regular bar tender look after us, although if you prefer there is an excellent dining room.
Also they have a fine selection of Irish whiskeys along with domestic and imported beers.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Lexington
“Adequate but not Overwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

had seen this restaurant review in the newspaper and decided to give it a try. The atmosphere is nice, friendly and is a family-fun place, even though the name includes tavern . Went with friends and among the four of us, we ordered three different items on the menu. One ordered the special of the day, roast beef, cream potatoes and green beans. When it arrived, the meat was very red and looked like deli meat. My friend said it was not very good and had much gristle. My other friend ordered the chicken pie. It came with mashed potatoes in the center of the pie. He said it had no flavor and was not good. My husband and I ordered the fish and chips. The chips were great, freshly cut French fries. The fish was good but had much, too much batter on it. I feel we gave them a good chance to prove their food. We all decided, we didn't think we would return.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
everett, ma
“Just okay service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've been there a few times. The food is good, not great but it has a nice cozy atmosphere and a very nice bar. The service is just okay.

• Visited July 2013