“Able to exhale!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mar Vista Grande

Save Saved
You added Mar Vista Grande to your Saves list
Mar Vista Grande
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   603 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Summer on Sale - 25% Off
Atlanta, Georgia
“Able to exhale!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The events leading up to my trip were beyond the normal DRAMA when you take a vacation (no fault of the resort). After several phone calls Heather Norris was able to provide me her personal guarantee that my stay would be stress, worry and drama FREE. I am here to say I HAD just that. From the time that I checked in I was treated like royalty. The process was painless and in less that 5 minutes I was headed to my room. Once I arrived to my room it WAS BEAUTIFUL! the perfect view of the water and the temperature was perfect.
I loved the fact that the resort was located on a "less populated" area of Myrtle Beach, so PEACE and quite was part of my everyday stay.
The master suite had the prefect tub for a bubble bath and was located perfectly to hear the calming breeze of the ocean... (very lovely master bedroom)
This resort was perfect for the family and even as a quick solo get away. The spa offered a wide range of services and everyone there was EXTREMELY professional.
I will be back!!

Room Tip: Corner suites give you the best of both worlds. sunrise and sunsets with the most awesome view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share the details of your experience at the Mar Vista Grande Resort. We are thrilled our professional staff helped to alleviate your worries and that you felt like royalty from the moment you walked in--we want all of our guests to feel the same way! We are ecstatic that the room, view, spa, and surrounding local area were all to your liking--you are welcome back anytime for another worry-free vacation!

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Quick and easy check in. We had a very nicely decorated and furnished clean room on the 14th floor with ocean front view from a large balcony with tables and chairs. 3 bedroom, 3 bath so everyone had their own private amenities. This is definitely a keeper and we would return again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We value your positive comments after staying at the Mar Vista Grande resort. It is wonderful you had a quick and easy check in and that you found your fully furnished condo clean and with a great view. We're so glad you have decided we are a "keeper", and we would love to invite you back for another visit!
East Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My family of 3 adults just got home from Mar Vista! While we also encountered the 'your room isn't ready yet' at 4:30pm, after having driven for 7 hours, not exactly what your bulging bladder wants to hear, HOWEVER: the front desk lady was VERY sweet, we did our mini tour around the resort, found very clean bathrooms, ironically, its on floor P2, the good well outweighed the late room entry: Location Location Location, can't be beat! I happened to STAY in Unit 509 (read another review about it)...and we were very happy with everything in this well appointed condo! We had our own washer & dryer in unit, grocery stores are close by so you are within easy reach of anything your heart desires. Numerous restaurants in the area... The lazy river was well enjoyed by young and old alike, I would like to ask management to provide bigger inner tubes for adults (sorry, even my adult son did a back flip in it!) I watched many senior adults do the same....The condo well well maintained, clean, and QUIET! Pool was never overcrowded, easy to find a lounge chair and relax!!! The balcony was spacious and afforded a great view of the grand strand toward the south - at night it was spectacular! I am very happy and we all plan on returning again next year.

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback concerning your stay at the Mar Vista Grande resort. We are so pleased that you found yourself within reach of your heart's desires with the well-appointed condo, well-maintained facilities/amenities, a gorgeous view, and ideal location. We can't wait for you to come back next year for another happy vacation experience!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked a Groupon for a 3bdrm condo for 3 nights for $400 and my whole family drove from GA and MD to all come stay for a long weekend. I was not sure what to expect because I have never been to South Carolina alot of people told me North Myrtle Beach was the "dead" area and not much fun. I disagree its not as congested as main Myrtle Beach area but its nicer, cleaner, and more relaxing to me. The room we got was 1001 and was a 4bdrm condo with kitchen, patio, living room. It was so huge and awesome! The only gripe i can come up with is that the room is on the back corner and early in the AM the dumpsters come in early and you can hear the banging. The staff was very nice - the pool area was great and access to the beach was awesome. They dont charge you for parking which is a bonus. I will definitely return here next year!!

• Stayed September 2013
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We appreciate your positive review of your recent experience at the Mar Vista Grande Resort. We are so pleased that the resort itself and surrounding area exceeded your expectations. It is wonderful you enjoyed the amenities and friendly staff, and we can't wait for you to pay us a return visit next year!
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Arrived right before 3:00 pm, check in time...as I write this I am sitting by the pool bc our room is not been ready...but it's been 2 hours since my arrival. The front desk staff seem very unconcerned, but also told me the the owner of my unit is returning the day BEFORE I am to check out, and I will have to move to another room for my last day here.

We had a long car trip, and we just wanted to get in and get our vacation on. Nope...it's been 2 hours. I am so disappointed. So disappointed. But the lack of real concern from the front desk is just too much to handle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We are happy you were able to enjoy the credit we issued for our Tiki bar while you waited for the room to be ready. As with all guests, we want each room to be immaculate for check in, and we apologize when it runs a bit longer than expected. We do hope the rest of your stay was hassle-free, and we invite you back to join us for your next vacation.
rock hill sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We actually stayed here in April of 2012 but I had to give it a review. Back when I stayed here you could pick your rooms individually from pictures. They have changed that now. I loved it here the condo we had was superb! The pool area was nice too. If you need anything you can ask but I don't recall a lot of maid service so I had to request towels most of the time or I washed them myself. This was ok for me because I personally prefer not to have strangers in my room anyway! I have noticed some bad reviews on some condos and I guess that would be possible since they are individually owned but mine was awesome. The floor was tile which was wonderful and carpet in bedrooms and the kitchen was fully stocked. I know everyone's experience can not be the same but from what I saw they deserved their aaa rating. Specify that you want an upgraded condo, that may help with room selection. Rental companies are ok because I rent that way but I booked this place through an email special on certain rooms from the owners. I dealt with the mar vista directly. I hope this helps but I cannot say a bad word about the place!

• Stayed April 2013
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. We are thrilled to read your superb rating of the condo. We also appreciate your specific notation that we are derserving of our AAA rating, which we have actually received three years in a row, We are so pleased that you booked directly through the resort, and we cannot wait for your next visit to make sure you have another awesome experience with us!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in the Mar Vista for 5 days. Please don't let them put you in room 509. The carpet and furniture was filthy. We had to place blankets over the couch and chairs. The carpet was solied and dirty. The Bathrooms were very clean. The Kitchen was very clean. We told the front desk about the furniture and carpet and they said they were not responsible and that it's the home owner is responsible. They said they would let them know and let the Home Account person know about it? Overall the location is great, right on the beach. Very nice pools and hot tubes. The staff is very friendly as well. They always made sure we have fresh towels everyday. They do not change the sheets, you will have to wash them yourself. They washer and dryer were very nice as well. We rented a 3 bedroom. The living room had a flat screen TV. The master had a flatscreen TV. The two bedrooms did not have flat screen TVs, would have been nice. They were small 5-10 inch Bubble tube TVs.

Room Tip: Do not Rent room 509
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback regarding your 5 day stay with us. It is great you found a clean kitchen and clean bathrooms in the condo. We are also glad you were pleased with our amenities including the pools and hot tubs, and that you had friendly encounters with our staff. We are addressing your concerns about the room as we speak, and we would like to invite you back for a future stay so we can show off our continuous improvements.

Been to Mar Vista Grande? Share your experiences!