“Myrtle Beach....and what a view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mar Vista Grande

You added Mar Vista Grande to your Saves list
Mar Vista Grande
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   603 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Greenville, South Carolina
“Myrtle Beach....and what a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Myhusband and I stayed this past weekend at the Mar Vista Grande condominiums .... what a beautiful property. Full service to the max. Although, travel advisory, they DO NOT furnish hair dryers in the units. Everything else is there....but no hair dryers. We had a beautiful unit with a table and chairs on the balcony which overlooked the pools and beach. The weather was beautiful as well and the furnishings in the condo were all top notch. We were very impressed with the appliances, these were all high end and stainless steel. Granite counter tops and the master bathroom could easily have been used for a party. The shower could easily fit four people. Their soaking jetted tub was also very nice. They have a Tiki Bar, but since it was off season, the bar was closed. However, it was fine, as we brought our own snacks. The amenities are delightful with many pools to choose from and large hot tubs, a lazy river, direct access to the beach, plenty of parking, and lots of elevators. We would highly recommend a stay here, however, in the high season, the rates will most certaily be higher. The dining table was absolutely beautiful, glass, large, and the chairs (there were 6) were so comfortable and beautiful. There were two large queen beds in each of the other rooms, one bedroom had it's own bathroom. There was a full bath in the hall for the additional bedroom to use and the master bedroom had it's own bathroom. In addition, the living room had a large sofa sleeper with a comfy love seat and large cushy chair. This was definitely a keeper!
Travel advisory ... there is no restaurant on the property so be prepared to walk or drive to get food or bring your own and never leave this beautiful place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

What a wonderful suprise when we opened the door to the condo! We were in awe of how lovely everything was and how they paid so much attention to every detail, like the beautiful gift basket. It was very thoughtful of the owners. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. We felt so much at home due to all of the personal touches the ownwers went out of there way to provide! We will be back next year and will scheule our vacation around the availabilty of PENTHOUSE 1514.

Room Tip: Double chk. the pics on the web site we found out a couple of years ago that the pics were a couple...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for letting us know what made your stay at the Mar Vista Grande extra special. We love hearing that you enjoyed every minute of your stay and that you will be scheduling your next vacation at the Mar Vista. We will make sure you feel at home again every time you stay with us!
Homer, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed there for three consecutive years and I'm alway impressed by the quality of the product (service, programs, location, and quality of the rooms). This is a different kind of place. It does not have a large lobby, nor restaurant, but it does have a dedicated staff that goes out of their way to make my vacation work for me. I've stayed in unit 1501 each time and found it to be very clean, sufficient kitchen supplies for my family and guest, and more than enough room to spread out and not by noticed by others in the condo. The master suite has a spa tub that worked perfectly. All three bathrooms were in great shape and very clean. The views from the balcony were the ones photographers think of. Every night was a great panoramic view of the 10 mile curve in the Myrtle Beach ocean front. We are coming back this year with high expectations.

Room Tip: The higher up the better to see over adjacent property. On the South side that is above the 5th flo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
We value your positive comments regarding your recent vacation at the Mar Vista Grande. We are so happy that as a repeat guest, you were impressed by the outstanding service, location, and rooms at the Mar Vista Grande. When you come back to visit us this year, we will once again strive not only to meet but to exceed your expectations on every level!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Room 803 is a very nice room! We didn't know what to expected bc of the good and bad reviews! This room actually was a 3 bedroom but my husband & I only use 1bedroom bc it was just us. Im a neat freak and hard to please..I would have to say this one was the best! It was a spa tub in this condo along with stainless steel appliances. I will def recommend this condo & we plan on going back specially to this room with the kids :-)

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your positive review of the Mar Vista Grande --we recently began offering one bedroom units as an option for guests such as yourselves who would like the luxury of the larger condo but without so many rooms. We are excited to hear that you want to recommend the Mar Vista Grande to others. Whether you come back for another couple's getaway or a vacation for the whole family, we will provide just the right accomodations to meet your needs!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Wow! My wife and I went to meet some friends for a few days of golf and kicking back. She found MVG on tripadvisor and rented unit #1411 because it looked totally renovated and had a great kitchen for me to cook in. The new high end kitchen was only the first of the great amenities. Big screen tv's, really nice furniture...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We appreciate you letting us know how you found out about the Mar Vista Grande and why you were enticed to stay with us. With so many courses available in the near vicinity, our location is perfect for a golf outing. We hope you join us again soon--regardless of the occasion, we will ensure your experience is another positive one!
Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wow!
My wife and I went to meet some friends for a few days of golf and kicking back. She found MVG on tripadvisor and rented unit #912 because it was totally renovated and had a great kitchen for me to cook in. The new high end kitchen was only the first of the great amenities. Big screen tv's, really nice furniture, Being on the 9th floor right in the middle of the building, it had an amazing unobstructed view of the ocean. I mean it was the best ocean view this side of a cruise balcony.

Gourmet meals (ok part me, and a little bit part the great stocked kitchen) out on the balcony had to be my favorite part of the trip. Followed up with a movie theater experience with the monster living room television. Just amazing. The ladies went on and on about the decorating, color schemes, and blah blah blah, But did I mention this unit has a well equipped chefs kitchen and state of the art electronics throughout?

Seriously this was an amazing find. The quality and details of this unit combined with the great parking, good location, and the friendly people we met up with, made for an excellent even if too short 4 day getaway that I can't wait to do again for a whole week.

Room Tip: As far as room tips the high unobstructed center rooms are amazing, and we will stay with unit #912...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to describe your exceptional experience at the Mar Vista Grande. We pride ourselves on our high quality fully-furnished luxury condos, each with its own style and breathtaking view. We can't wait for you to spend your next getaway with us, and we welcome you to stay as long as you want!
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I will start with the positive. I reserved a three bedroom 3 bathroom condo online. The photos on the website do not do the condo justice. It was beautiful. The room was clean and ready when we arrived.

Now on to the negatives. 1. I have come to expect that the basic necessities will be included in the price of the rental such as a roll of paper towel and a small bottle of dish liquid. 2. The website stated that they had activities for the kids, however when I asked about what planned activities they had I was told a) the activity girl didn't come in and they had no other activities planned on the weekend. b) We could go check out the fair down the street. 3. None of the staff looked happy. I am a very friendly person and I speak to everyone. They looked no stared at my husband and I like we were crazy. 4. The indoor/outdoor pool and jacuzzi were nice, however the lazy river needed to be cleaned and there were only a few float to use in it.

When I filled out the review for the hotel about my stay I was immediately contacted by a hotel representive who appologized for our troubles. I did appreciate that, which is the only reason I would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor for a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on the unit. We are pleased to hear it exceeded your expectations. While dish soap and paper towels are not provided, we do provide shampoo/conditioner, body soap, facial soap, tissues, laundry detergent, and dishwasher detergent. I am also pleased to hear you were contacted for a follow up and all concerns were addressed immediately as promised. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Mar Vista Grande? Share your experiences!