“Mar Vista 912: Awesome Beach Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mar Vista Grande

You added Mar Vista Grande to your Saves list
Mar Vista Grande
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   603 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Luxurious condos- $99
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mar Vista 912: Awesome Beach Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everything from the floor to the ceiling – and I mean everything -- was brand new in Suite 912, a spacious oceanfront condo they call Lucky Dogs. Mar Vista Grande is the best building in North Myrtle Beach and Suite 912 is the finest condo in Mar Vista. It’s not just that everything is new. It’s how upscale it is! My husband’s an electronics nut and he was blown away by the equipment. There’s a 60-inch TV in the living room! There are other big-screen TVs in the bedrooms. There are BluRay players, Ipod docking stations and a high-speed router. Did I mention they’re new? I love to cook, and I was blown away by the kitchen. All the appliances are top-of-the-line Jenn-Air stainless steel. The kitchen’s well stocked with brand-name cookware, dishes and utensils, such as Fiesta. All new. There’s fancy granite on all the counters, fancy tile or carpet on all the floors, fancy drapes and shades on all the windows, fancy furniture and fancy ceiling fans. All new. The bedrooms are big and have plush headboards and bedding. The stunning master has a sliding glass door to the oceanfront balcony. There’s a sliding glass door from the living room, too. We ate breakfast and lunch on the balcony every day while overlooking the sea and sand. What a view -- we could see all the way up and down the coastline. The dining room has an extra-large, glass-topped, round table – perfect for our not-so-small family. The master bathroom is massive, containing a double sink, a large jacuzzi tub and a two-person shower with hand-held sprayer and a seat. The handsome second master, with another ensuite bathroom, gave us two queen beds all made up like a Tommy Bahama. The last bedroom, with two queen beds, was fun and colorful. So, it was easy to make sleeping arrangements because everyone felt they had good accommodations. Original artwork is everywhere. I took it as a sign of how they went above and beyond when decorating Lucky Dogs. It wasn’t easy to tear my crew away from the 60” TV in the living room, but really it wasn’t too hard because you’re there for the beachy stuff and Mar Vista has tons of it. Beachside, there’s a lazy river, a big hot tub, a pool and a tiki bar (yummy pina coladas but a bit pricey). Mar Vista sits right on the wide beach, so we set up on the sand every day except one. It rained one day and we went inside to the big indoor pool, another big hot tub, a kiddie pool and the well-equipped fitness center on the 5th floor. The building’s a few blocks to Main Street’s family entertainment district. Most nights we just walked over to see what was happening and enjoyed everything North Myrtle has to offer. It was an awesome beach getaway! We’ll definitely be back at Lucky Dogs next year.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Either sittng on the balcony, in the livingroom or eating breakfast at the dining table the ocean front views were breathtaking. We decided to add an extra night and they accommodated us by offering another unit for that night. They made the transition smooth as we were at a show at The Palace Theater when the unit became available so they moved our belongings to the other unit for us. Both units were clean and beautifully decorated. Beds were comfortable and water pressure was great (my pet peeve). This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach and won't be the last. We are already looking into visting again in Spring 2013 and hope one of the two units we stayed in will be available. I highly recommend!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My family came to visit at the beginning of August. They stayed at the Mar Vista Grande and we stayed a few nights with them. We loved it! The resort was so nice, the employees were so friendly and responsive to our every need. Not to mention the wonderful tiki bar by the pool:-) It was a wonderful place to enjoy a family vacation!!

• Stayed August 2012
Elliston, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed here for the past four years at North Myrtle Beach. We love the room, the pools, and everything about it. We get the 3 Bedroom Condo, Ocean Front. It works great for my parents to have the master bed room (with huge master bath) as well as my sister and I can each bring a friend in the 2 bed bedrooms with a full bathroom for each room. Good family environment with lots of kids who seam to love the lazy river so if you plan on a relaxing float around the river, you can also plan on being kicked and splashed the whole time! The beds in the room are super comfortable! You really forget your not at home when you stay here for a full week or more! Over all, We love it and we will be back again for year five next year!

Room Tip: Ocean Front is worth it! Beautiful! Also, around the 10th floor is the best place to look out over t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Okay, so the fact that this is our 3rd year staying there, made a difference in my comments below. I love the location, the condo complex and the fact that when I stay somewhere a little more high end. I will tell you that I am concerned the fact that I consider this to be a little more higher end may be slowly changing. Maybe it was just this experience but there are changes that are very noticeable

I will give you a lot of details so you can have this information for future guests and yourself.

The condo itself was a great location, right over the lazy river, great views. The décor was wonderful and overall it was nice. The cleaning crew on the other hand is terrible. The entry to the condo from the hall had piles of sand near our door and also a hairclip upon our arrival. This area was never cleaned by housekeeping in the entire week we were there. The kitchen tools were minimal, electric can opener did not work, no cookie sheets. The floor in the kitchen looked like it needed a serious cleaning. The bathrooms were bad- the two bathrooms the kids used had moldy shower curtains, the one my daughter used had clumps of hair on the floor, dust all over the lower parts of the walls. Our bathroom had a tile shower, mold in a lot of the grout areas, also when we arrived there was a huge clump of hair sitting on top of the drain. It was disgusting.
In general the bathrooms are in need of a really serious scrubbing. A small pet peeve is that we had no toilet paper except for in one bathroom when we arrived. That was a change from the past two years.

The patio furniture was cheap plastic and some of the dirtiest furniture that I have seen. Half of it needs to be thrown away, it was a shame.

The pool area added music and new chairs which are very nice touches. They seem very relaxed this year with pool rules, kids and babies in hot tubs, not relaxing at all

Check in was easy, but we got there about 1:30 and they said they would call us when the condo was ready . We never got a call and went back at 4:30 and she said “Oh, it’s been ready, we forgot to call you.”

Thought you’d like the feedback. Like I said, overall we still love the place just think they need to work on some things to get the higher standards back.

Room Tip: Love the location of this condo, oceanfront and right over the lazy river.....
Pfafftown, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Me and my family stayed on the 8th floor in 810...we truly had a great experience from the beginning to the end. Check out went very smooth and the lady Ms. Deborah was extremely nice, she offered me some of the best "personal advice" just in general conversation. We also had a very nice housekeeper she was always smiling and just had a kind hearted spirit. My family and I had no complaints at all. Most definitely, we will be back again next year. Great accommodations, great staff, great fun.....enjoyable vacation!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Some of our family stayed at the Mar Vista while other members stayed at a cheaper hotel down the street. We had the opportunity
to tour each other's facility and WOW, what a difference! There was no comparison--the Mar Vista was exemplary in it's beautiful and well kept exterior, finely furnished condo, and awesome amenities. Everything was so fresh and clean! I felt like we were at a resort, not just an ordinary hotel/motel. The front desk staff greeted me with smiles and a cheerful, positive demeanor. They not only were great in describing what the resort had to offer but also helped me locate nearby restaurants and other places that might be fun for a night out. I was thrilled to hear about the different massages offered at their new Spa (decided on the Swedish for myself!), and I knew the Kids Club activities and art projects would be perfect for my son. While we were sitting out enjoying our frozen drinks at the Tiki Bar, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the rest of the family down the street who were missing out on all the luxury. I am so glad we chose the Mar Vista Grande for this year's vacation, and we will definitely be back for more! Next time we're bringing the whole family to Mar Vista!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mar Vista Grande? Share your experiences!