“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was our second stay at Prince Resort. We were very pleased with our first stay. The room was as expected until I made the pull out bed for my youngest son. When I put the blanket from the closet on the bed, sand went everywhere. Some one from a prior stay must have used the blanket on the beach. This made me doubt the cleanliness of the whole room. Are the linens not checked between visitors? My son refused to sleep on the bed after this so I just waited to check out to voice my concern. I was disappointed when the manager checking me out gave me his card and said he would make it up to me during our next visit. So, in other words, this wont be fixed unless I visit Prince Resort again. I am in the customer service business and this just doesnt make sense to me. If you have a problem, it should be fixed when the problem occurs. I have no guarantee this employee will even be working for Prince Resort next time I visit. I do not intend to visit Myrtle Beach next year. I am disappointed. Not so much about the dirty blanket but by how it was handled. And if Wi-Fi is important to you, you may want to ask about the connection for the room you have. We were only able to use it in the small bedroom (not in the common area or the master bed room). This was a big inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask about Wi-Fi availability for your chosen room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Prince Resort Condos, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Donna B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We certainly rely on guest feedback, whether it is positive or negative there is always something that we can continue to improve on. As I stated when you checked out and through email correspondence the reason that I offered to compensate you for the unsatisfactory cleanliness on a future stay was in no way to force you to re-book with Prince, but as a way to be able to offer you more compensation for your troubles. When I checked you out and offered the future compensation, you did seem okay with this and didn't balk at the idea. I wish that I was aware that you were unhappy so that I could have resolved the situation to your satisfaction. In regards to me possibly not being employed here at Prince during your future stay, I did place a note with your reservation that will be there anytime you make another reservation with us or any of our sister properties. As previously stated I am very sorry that your stay was not up to yours or my standards and I genuinely hope that I have the chance to make this stay up to you. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions or concerns, and I hope that you and yours have a great summer.

843-417-1300 ext. 7160
zach.frazier@discoverprinceresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Prince Resort is wonderful! My view was spectacular, aside from the pier restaurant being in the way because I was on the 4th floor. I recommend going much, much higher, if you get the chance. I don't like that parking is at the other building but if that's the sacrifice I have to make to stay in paradise, so be it!

Baxter, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

the hotel was excellent, clean right on beach and had very friendly staff. But i recommend you not eat at the ocean grill on the lobby floor it was awful service was terrible. But the hotel itself was wonderful if you have kids they plan things for the kids to do. I would stay there again but i would not eat at the ocean grill.

Room Tip: we had 6 people and stayed in the 2 bedroom oceanfront plenty of room and beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear thegreatone2323,

Thank you so much for the comments regarding your stay with us here at the Prince Resort at the Cherry Grove Pier. I am thrilled to see that you had a wonderful time and that your kids enjoyed the activities that we do have going on daily. I also want to apologize in regards to the service you experienced while dining with us at 3500 Ocean Grille, I can assure you that is not indicative of the normal service that our guests receive and do hope that you give the restaurant another chance to wow you when you return.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We loved our stay here at The Prince Resort. This resort is awesome and the restaurant is superior as well. Very family friendly. Far enough away from the hustle and bustle but close to all shopping and vacation attractions on the grand strand.

• Stayed June 2013
Zach F, Public Relations Manager at Prince Resort Condos, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Tsrupard,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us at the Prince Resort. We are very happy to see that your family had a great time with us and enjoyed the surrounding area. We certainly pride ourselves on being a family resort with something to do for every person in your party. We hope that you do continue to choose the Prince Resort at the Cherry Grove Pier and cant wait to have you as our guests again.

Burnsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We take 2 vacations a year to Myrtle Beach. We have never stayed in North Myrtle. The room was very nice and once Bike week was over the resort was very quiet. We stayed May 24th - 31st and lots of motorcycles in the parking deck just cranking it up. Lots of noise Friday but we were so tired Saturday none of us heard a thing. The resort can't help what visitors do and I would stay ther again. My husband and daughter loved the pier and they got in alot of fishing. I just really liked laying by the pool. Prince Resort's staff was very nice.

Room Tip: we stayed across the blvd for the fisrt time and I really liked it. the price is lower if you get an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Prince Resort Condos, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Raylene M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that you had a great time with us here at the Prince Resort. We hope that you continue to come to North Myrtle Beach for your next vacation and that we have the opportunity to host you and yours once again.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the second time we have travelled to stay at the Prince Resort, both times we have found the location to be perfect, the parking is easy - even when the area is Busy. The Condo has everything you need, Dishwasher, Washer/Dryer, Cooker, Fridge with Ice Maker, Toaster, Coffee Maker. The Housekeeping, kept us refreshed with Coffee and Dishwasher powder every day. There is a separate living space, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom(s). We were in the 2nd Building above the parking - with a view out to the sea. At night the area is quiet and you can just hear the Ocean. There is nothing bad to say about this resort, everyone you come into contact with is friendly and helpful.

Wifi is included in the Resort, it works very well. I have stayed in a number of Airport hotels who do not have the bandwidth of the Prince Resort. There are two Flat Screen TV's as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lsblack,

Thank you very much for continuing to choose the Prince Resort at the Cherry Grove Pier, we very much appreciate the support and patronage. I am thrilled to hear that your second stay was just as excellent as your first and we are all very thankful for the kind words in your review. We look forward to having you back with us again in the future and hope that you have a great summer season.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I very much enjoyed our stay at the Prince Resort (May 26-30, 2013 Ocean Front King bedroom) We were at first discouraged that our room was just outside of the elevator. We feared a lot of noise, especially since it was Bike Week (of which we were not a part of)! But to our surprise we never heard much at all. Not only from the hallways but neither from above or beside us. We enjoyed the fact that the room was more like a "condo" with separate bedroom, living room and full kitchen.
Staff was outstanding! We called a couple of times needing extra TP, coffee etc... and they were at our door immediately...even during the busy Memorial Day Bike Week. Would not accept a tip either.
Facility is looking just a bit dated and pool decks could have been cleaner but we would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Ocean Front is the way to go!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Prince Resort Condos, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Louise A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that you found the accommodations to be fitting for you and your husband. I am also very happy that you were able to enjoy our fantastic staff and I can tell you that it was our pleasure ensuring that you were as comfortable as can be during your vacation. We hope that you choose the Prince Resort at the Cherry Grove Pier again and we have the chance to serve you and yours in the future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Prince Resort Condos? Share your experiences!