“Had a great time, excellent value” 5 of 5 stars

You added Prince Resort Condos to your Saves list
Prince Resort Condos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 North Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ontario
“Had a great time, excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Prince resort the 3rd week on September, the weather was fantastic and the crowds were gone. The beach was quite empty. I had originally booked a room at Towers on the Grove but they over booked and moved us to The Prince. We had a 1 bedroom boulevard view but our kitchen had a side ocean view and our balcony and living room faced the inlet but also had a side ocean view, for anyone hesitating booking boulevard, it was a great little condo room at a lesser price. The condo was perfect for a couple, small but had everything we needed and modern The staff members we did encounter were quite friendly. Everything was well maintained and clean. We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Better view higher up, we were on 12th floor
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Princeton, West Virginia, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Ok, I don't normally complain about anything or much of anything anyway. Currently in my room at the Prince Resort, if you could call it a resort. I've seen cleaner motel rooms than this one i'm currently in. Staying in room 704. Let me start off with as soon as I walked in the door, on the right the coat closet door has a hole in it the size of a golf ball. The washer/dryer is big enough to only hold three clothing items/small beach towels which a washer/dryer combo in the room is nice in theory but not this one. When we first come into the room we noticed the never vacuumed sandy tile floors (didnt realize i was walking straight onto the beach as soon as I opened the door to my room!), we opened up the balcony and found a huge fish hook, thank goodness I didnt step on it! The carpet left my feet black and i'm am a very pastey caucasian! The white sink was stained coffee brown and wouldnt come off, the maid has yet to vaccuum or dust this room and we've been here 4 days! We pulled out the sofa bed and found cheetos inside and nasty, dirty sheets. The elevators were slow and hot in both buildings. The beach was so crowded there was nowhere to settle down at. The pier takes up most of the beach area. The pool was small and only went to 5ft at tower 1. Yesterday it look like someone had thrown up in the pool (yum!) and no one cleaned yet everyone was around it in the pool so maybe thats something people dont care about. There was a life guard but on the big signs at the pool it says "No lifeguard on duty" So I was a little confused. The mixed drinks at the bar were 8 dollars so you would think they were the best da** drinks on the southern east coast for that price. But they werent by far. Too much ice not enough alcohol. The parking sucks because it's not only across the street but it's also at an angle nearly a block away, plus it had pier parking and restaurant parking which came first before the hotel parking in the parking garage therefore we had to take the slow-a$$ elevator no matter what. The room has good intentions as far as decor and the room is a good size. The double beds, however, are hard as a rock if not harder than a rock, and almost as if intentionally made for a single "little person." My back as well as everyone else's backs are hurting as I type. Except, for the two girls who had to sleep in the cheeto-filled sofa bed, but at least they had a snack! Dont stay in room 704. I would like to complain to the desk to have my room comp'd but I doubt they will. But overall it was a lovely trip except for the main part of my day inside the dirty hotel.

Room Tip: Just say no....
Berea, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed from 06-10 to 06-15 2011.The 2 bedroom 2 bath Condo was excellent. The rooms were clean and neat. The kitchen was stocked with cooking and eating items. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and curteous. Will definatedly stay here again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

Great place to stay. The staff is great..room1907 is really nice with wonderful view and our housekeeper was really sweet..it is the nicest place I have stayed in Myrtle beach and I have been going there for 30 years!

• Stayed June 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

You never know how things are going to go at a hotel but we were just blown away by the Prince Resort & are already making plans to come back:) You really can't beat the VALUE that you get here. We enjoyed a full efficiency with an oceanview, the lazy river, the great pools, the BEACH, the convenient pier (it was nice to walk on & just enjoy for a $1.50per person), the close restaurants, the EXCELLENT maid service, the nice washer & dryer in our room, the kind folks who opened the doors for us on the ground floor EACH time we went through the doors (even when our hands weren't full!), the cleanliness of the rooms, the large relaxing tub, the excellent cardio & weight rooms with a beautiful marsh view! Everything was just fantastic! We couldn't believe we were staying in a three star hotel that really lived up to its stars:) We just loved it. and it was CLEAN. That's a huge deal to me. The location was nice too- away from the heavy heavy beach traffic but not too far from attractions at ALL. Our GPS was awesome in helping us find our way around. Can you tell that we just loved it? Can't wait to come back!!!:)

Room Tip: don't stay on the 2nd tower, 9th floor
Lumberton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Came with my family and loved the view from Tower 2. The grandchildren loved the lazy river and the room was clean and spacious. front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Can't beat the view!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is our 4th year of staying at Prince Resort. I checked rates at several of the large resorts in the area and as always, Prince had the best rates for comparable lodging/amenities. The condo and grounds were clean and the employees were always courteous and helpful. We hope to return for a visit this fall, and will definitely make it our yearly vacation spot.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Prince Resort Condos? Share your experiences!