“The best weekend ever!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2120 Sea Mountain Hwy, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Duncan, South Carolina, United States
“The best weekend ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have never stayed at Harbourgate in North Myrtle Beach but were guests there Sept 6-8, 2013. This is now our new favorite place to stay. Clean condo unit, updated, beautiful view of themarina and Intracoastal Waterway, plus an amazing price! Simply perfect!
Chris Rogers

Room Tip: Rooms facing the marina were very quiet. Clean unit and updated appliances and furnishings were a re...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sloatsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

First time at this resort, and we had had an excellent time. The room was clean and had all the needed amenities. We had a nice view of the Marina, and it was very relaxing. The front desk help was excellent, especially Carla. She recommended the "Fillets" restaurant near the hotel and the food was outstanding. Although we normally like beach front property, the beach area was exactly 8 minutes away. This location was more family oriented, rather than the hustle and bustle of the Myrtle Beach boardwalk location. When running out of toilet items they happily provided, although you should bring your own. Parking was always available on premises. Shopping and dinning was close by. The beeping of the bridge can be annoying and it really affected our friends, who were closer to the bridge than we were. But if everything is closed you really won't notice it. I would come to this resort again to enjoy the view, and hospitality.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite end from the bridge are quieter. Ex: rooms in the 26's & 30"s (4...
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice building, everything in our unit was extremely clean. The room was a good size, furniture was nice, kitchen appliances clean and fairly new, and we enjoyed the balcony overlooking the harbor. The kitchen was a bit poorly equipped (e.g. the only things we could put in the oven were a couple glass bowls and a broiler pan, no baking dishes). Make sure to bring your own paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Also, there is a drawbridge right next to the hotel that beeps loudly for a few minutes every time a ship goes through... which is often. It didn't bother me most of the time, but if you are a light sleeper you might want to avoid this hotel, or see if they can get you a room on the far side from it. Next time we might choose somewhere closer to the beach, but if that's not essential for you (we did find public parking fairly easily), and you don't mind the beeping, this is a great place to stay.

Rosedale, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Shukora was excellent when we checked in Saturday 8/3/13. We had a number of questions Shukora was pleasant and professional. We truly appreciated the hospitality after our long drive to get to our vacation resort.

Room Tip: When you check in and find the room dirty and dusty. Request another room right away. I chose to s...
Asheboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had really high expectations for this place, but it was not what we had wished for. The kitchen was not well equipped to cook really. Nothing at all to use in the oven. The fridge/freezer had the worst smell for the first 2 days. A cabinet was broken when we got there, and the handle on the dryer would not stay on.
I only found 1 front desk person to be friendly and helpful. The others were quite rude. I didn't realize that I was expected to provide my own trash bags and toilet paper beyond the 1 that we started our 7 day stay with. While we were in the unit, I spent a good majority of the time washing bath towels because there were only 3 large towels for 3 adults. (I had to go buy extra laundry supplies because of this.) There was nearly a constant beeping sound coming from the bridge outside. The Wi-Fi was terrible. When I called to ask why it did not work, I was told to call the troubleshooting number, but that it would charge me $25 to do it! Our room shared a small outside corridor with another room and they came and went all hours of the night, slamming the door! We heard everything. The morning we checked out, there were empty beer cans in the back of our truck. (We don't drink so they weren't ours!) Maybe that describes the quality of people staying there, or at the nearby bar maybe???
Two nights before we checked out, I found roaches in the kitchen. I did not want to sit in the unit all day to wait for someone to possibly take care of it, so I told the lady at checkout. I was immediately insulted when the woman asked if I really knew what a roach was. She proceeded to ask me if I was from the north because apparently they often confuse a roach with a "palmetto bug." I am not from the north and I do know a roach when I see one. Either way, they had bugs and she didn't seem concerned at all!
I just did not enjoy our stay at all. We will not return here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Harbourgate Resort & Marina. I also want to thank you for speaking with me directly concerning your stay. As discussed, we will address the lack of service you encountered with our staff, accordingly. This is out of character for us and we can assure you that any issue like this will not be a repeat occurrence. We do hope you'll consider staying with us again in the near future, allowing us the opportunity to provide you with an even better experience.
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Property is in a good location, about 1.7miles from the beach, and isn't far from other attractions. Enjoyed free passes to the waterpark. Nice size room. Only thing was they decided to paint the outer door which we need to use to get to our door - unit #205. Being they painted both sides of the door & had that door shut, when we opened our inner door, it smelled like fresh paint for a day or 2 in our room. Staff was very helpful & friendly! It was our 1st time in the area & I'd go back again to this property!

Room Tip: Although our king bed was fine, our older teenage children found the sleep sofa mattress to not be v...
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

First when we arrived we were given a room that smelled like smoke. When my husband talked to the lady at the desk she immediately handled the situation and gave us a three bedroom two bath wonderful room at no additional charge. It was a little ways from the beach but I still had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!