“Family Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2120 Sea Mountain Hwy, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
“Family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay tremendously! The staff was great! Very accomodating.

The view is spectacular! We hate we missed the Christmas Regatta though - we'll try to make it next year.

We were a bit unprepared for this time of year, we like to fish but all the piers are closed this time of year. In retrospect, we should have brought the golf clubs and bicycles.

The condo was very nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. The only thing that would have made it better would have been flat screen tv's for at least a dvr. We'll definitely be back! We can't wait to bring the grandchildren next year to see Shadracks Christmas Light show!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The only good thing I have to say is that the staff was nice. We were there on a weekly discount rental and everything was sub-par. The room was small, furniture was uncomfortable, the amenities were either non-existent or cheap. We had to wash our own towels and go down to the desk if we needed a roll of toilet paper.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our family had a great time in NMB. The staff at Harbourgate was one of the best I have delt with. They where always friendly and had a smile on there face. The only down side to the stay was the beds were not comfortable at all. By the end of the week my back never felt so bad. Also because I book my stay thru my travel club I was not able to any housekeeping. I was fine washing my towels, but they would not even give me more garbage bags or dish soap. Overall the resort was well maintaine and my kids loved watching the boats.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

As always, our trip was awesome! Harbourgate is a great place to stay. The marina view is spectacular and so relaxing. We could actually sit on the balcony and watch the Christmas Regatta and other boats going up the waterway. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful and always smiling. Harbourgate is within walking distance of places to go for dinner or a drink. And other places are just a short drive away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a great time staying at Harbourgate Resort. The service and the entire staff were outstanding! We enjoyed our 1 bedroom unit which was the perfect size for my wife and I. We loved that every attraction was close by and minutes away. The view of the Marina was relaxing and allowed us to sit on the patio to just relax. The entire room was clean and it was equipped with everything we needed for the week. Thanks for making our trip to Myrtle Beach fun and enjoyable. We look forward to staying here in our next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are smoke free.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here with my family. It was five of us in a two bedroom unit. We had more than enough room. The furniture could use a cleaning and for a room that sleeps eight the furniture in the living room seats only 4 to 5 people. The view of the marina was nice. However, whenever the bridge went up, you could hear this beeping noise. It was annoying but not overbearing. I didn't like the location at all. It was at the end of NMB near Little River, NC. We had to drive 5 or more miles to every place we visited. We used a lot of gas. Also, there's nothing nearby to do. If you like fishing and want to be away from everything, this is the place for you. The staff was very nice and helpful. This would not be my first choice to stay in NMB.

Room Tip: Near Sea Thunder and Dolphin Tours. All rooms had access to small deck.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Winslow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I thought that the rooms were very nice with a fantastic view of the marina. The recption desk with itls employees were extremely helpful in whatever we needed to make our trip more confortable and enjoyable

Room Tip: There is the occassional swing bridge bell souding off whenever a boat or yatch had to pass
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!