“Great meal, was the best we had during our week visit to the area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hoskins Restaurant

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Ooltewah, Tennessee
“Great meal, was the best we had during our week visit to the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We got there early on a Thursday afternoon. 5 min wait. I'll have to say it was the best meal we had during our week in myrtle beach. Scallops were excellent texture and taste, fried shrimp lightly breaded and great flavor. Very good service, old fashion atmosphere, very pleasant dining experience. Would highly recommend. We've eaten at Rio's, Brick Oven, Biminis, Rockafellers, Chucks, a couple of buffets but this was our favorite.

Rockville, Maryland
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

First time in Myrtle Beach, so we checked trip advisor for suggestions as to where to eat. Being from Maryland, we love fresh seafood, and most of the reviews about Hoskins said their seafood was excellent so we decided to try it. They are closed on Mondays, so we went on a Tuesday evening. There was a line out the door but we only waited maybe 10 minutes. From the outside and on the inside, the appearance may lead you to believe that the restaurant is nothing special, but that is not the case at all. I came to eat with my mother, and once we were seated we were promptly greeted and told about the specials, all of which were very reasonably priced, in addition to all of the other menu choices. My mother ordered the whole fried flounder special for $15.95 but was a little nervous because it was a whole fish (head was cut off though). It came with a few side choices, but she chose the baked potato, and it also came with one trip to the salad bar and an order of hush puppies. I chose the scallop sandwich with which I chose to get pasta salad and cole slaw. The salad bar was somewhat pathetic with very limited choices, but it came with the meal so it was ok. The food came out very fast. My scallop sandwich was $8.95 and had FIVE JUMBO sea scallops on it. I have never seen scallops so large or for such an inexpensive price! They were lightly fried and perfectly cooked! The pasta salad and the coleslaw were awesome as well. So much food! My mom's flounder looked a little funny on the plate as it was the whole fish. It was scaled but the fins were still on it. She took one bite of the fish and it melted in her mouth. I don't really enjoy a lot of fried foods but I wanted to try the flounder.... And it was awesome! It was so tender and juicy. I have never enjoyed any fish more than I did the few bites of the fried flounder I had. The baked potato was standard, but the hush puppies were awesome! So much good food, there was no room for dessert. Glad we didn't eat lunch that day! Would definitely go back if we had more time! Sorry we didn't go sooner!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntersville, NC
“Old-school restaurant...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went here after reading the reviews. Got there around 5pm and it was already full (not a huge place, older decor but not worn out). By the time we left, there was a line of about 20-30 people waiting. Very reasonably-priced entrees (seafood's a little pricey, but not out of line for the beach). I had the 3-piece fried chicken, sweet potato, mac n cheese and a roll for $10.95. Upgraded to all white meat for an additional $1. The wife and mother-in-law had the special, a hamburger with homemade pimento cheese on a pretzel roll. The Father-in-law had a Flounder sandwich with a side of sweet potato fries. Everything came out piping hot. The burger had a great flavor and the pimento had some nice spice. The chicken was good, although the breading was a little bland. Not the best mac and cheese I've ever had, but it was good. They also have a small but decent salad bar as well. The key lime pie was also very tasty. Good food, decent prices, good service. Get there early.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
West Columbia, South Carolina
“Really Good Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have driven by Hoskin's for ten plus years as we vacation in North Myrtle Beach each summer and have always seen the line out the door and around the building. We should have known this would be a great place to eat. We chose to stop by for a late breakfast and were very pleased. The employees were so kind and helpful and the breakfast was delicious. This will become a stopping place for us each year.

• Visited August 2013
Hope Mills, North Carolina
“Best Seafood I've ever had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I've been eating seafood since I was 3 years old and Hoskins tops it all !! If you like perfectly fried oysters, shrimp, scallops and flounder and you've never been to Hoskins then you better add it to your bucket list.

You gotta try thier:
Coconut cream pie
Peanut butter pie
Banana cream pie
And take one of thier homemade pound cakes!!
Mmmm mmmm Good!!

Truly the Best in South Carolina!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere