“A nice relaxing place to getaway!” 4 of 5 stars

Edgewater Inn
4622 S. Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #25 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Williamson, West Virginia
“A nice relaxing place to getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed there for this past fourth of July, and I have to admit that after reading some bad reviews I was skeptical! However, it was a great trip, and the manager was very nice and accommodating. The place was very clean, and this was a concern that I had. It is not the Hilton, and it doesn't cost what the Hilton would cost. Terry is a very nice guy, and does his best accommodate his guests in anything they needed. I really enjoyed the stay, and will return.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have different things in them, you should be specific when making arrangements.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for the past two years while on our summer vacation in North Myrtle Beach. It's small but nice and you can't beat the price especially if you are on a blue collar budget! Terry Patel the Manager is a very good man who is very approachable & generally cares about all of his guests! The hotel is equipped with a pool side Tiki Bar which is always a good time especially after sun down! It is also located just 1 block away from the beach with very easy access! It's always hard for us to leave & return home to West Virginia because we are made to feel so welcome from Terry & the rest of the staff at this fine establishment! If you are visiting North Myrtle Beach & are looking for a nice place to stay and are on a budget or are just looking to save money or get more bang for your buck I would highly recommend this fine establishment!

• Stayed July 2013
Waxhaw, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I, and our pets have stayed at this place for several years. Very nice, clean, etc. Then, Randy, the manager left and the place has been going down-hill since! We stayed there in August, 2012, and have not been back. We were late getting our room because the "cleaning" lady was still "cleaning" it. When we did get to check in, the place was still filthy! On our second day, the hot water to the whole place went out, had to take cold showers! The manager did not offer anybody even a partial refund, just complained about how much the repairs were going to cost! We left the next day, still no hot water, and have no intention of staying there again. If Randy, the previous manager would go back, we would consider staying there again. Avoid the place if you can!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lakewood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for years. It was pet friendly and that was my prioity. I have enjoyed my stays up to the last 3 years when I noticed that the hotel was going down hill. The chairs for the pool and deck were in bad shape, cracked. The place did not seem to be as clean. I noticed a bug the last stay. The manager is never really around. The old manager was always around and doing little jobs around the place to keep it clean. I tried to make reservations this year and had to wait 3 days and the son of the manager was running the place and was not at the hotel at the time. When I confirmed my room request I had to call back for a confirmantion. I received the confirmation to find the wrong rooms were reserved. They changed my room request without notifying me and the change was to a more expensive room. I have since located another hotel and will be staying there. $100 more on the week but is it a 2 bedroom/2patio apt. It is sad to see a place like this go as the location is great even though it is a 1950's style place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Statesville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at this place several times under a previous manager. This trip in October 2012 was not fun. No internet in room. When I 1st arrived a girl had to call a bar/restaurant to get the asst. mgr. to come check me in. The room next to me was rented to a young man for a month. He played his TV loud, had many guests in and out all the time. You could not sometimes walk past his room to get to the parking lot for the guests hanging out. My 1st night there I ask them to please be quite. The next day the mgr. said he would speak to him - Saturday night was pleasant but Sunday the mgr. was not there and it was very noisy next door again. I called the asst. mgr. to tell him at 11:30 to please turn his TV down & he proceeded to go next door & tell him that I wanted him to turn his TV down & then apologized to him for having to tell him. I wish I knew the owner because he is not only going to ruin his reputation and his business by renting to young people that have no respect for other guests.I would just get in my car and ride around at night just to get away from it. I had looked so forward to the beach. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Walkertown, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

pet friendly and the best management you could ever ask for.staff always friendly and helpful.i have been here for every year for ten years and it only gets better each year.the owner /manager terry is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.i cant wait for next year to see what he has planned. look forward to see you and the wonderful staff next year! forest ball

Room Tip: see their web page for an example of the rooms available
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Savannah, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This motel is conveniently located right across the street from the beach. That they allow pets is another plus. The WiFi doesn't work in all of the rooms, but if you go outside of the concrete walls (like onto the balcony or patio), you get reception. Hey, it's a vacation! Don't you need a break from the internet?

Yea, it's a sort of a "fleabag" motel with uncomfortable beds, tiny rooms, and air units that either make the room too cold or too hot, but you get what you pay for regarding location.

There are the same number of parking spaces as there are rooms, so during bike week, parking might be an issue, but we did not experience this. The woman at the front desk was also quite friendly and they have a "tiki lounge" happy hour every afternoon by the pool. Coors Lite tallboys!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!