“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 53 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Savannah, Tennessee
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This motel is conveniently located right across the street from the beach. That they allow pets is another plus. The WiFi doesn't work in all of the rooms, but if you go outside of the concrete walls (like onto the balcony or patio), you get reception. Hey, it's a vacation! Don't you need a break from the internet?

Yea, it's a sort of a "fleabag" motel with uncomfortable beds, tiny rooms, and air units that either make the room too cold or too hot, but you get what you pay for regarding location.

There are the same number of parking spaces as there are rooms, so during bike week, parking might be an issue, but we did not experience this. The woman at the front desk was also quite friendly and they have a "tiki lounge" happy hour every afternoon by the pool. Coors Lite tallboys!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I spent Labor Day weekend 2012 here and loved it! Everything was neat and clean and you are directly across from the beach with a public access walkway. The rooms are small but adequate and it is pet friendly. The tiki bar was a nice touch next to the pool. All staff were warm and friendly. If you are looking for a basic motel room (no extras -bring your own shampoo and hair dryer) then this is perfect. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The previous manager kept he place in perfect order. We have been coming down for a month for the last 10 years, when we came last Oct 2011 there was a new owner / manager. First thing I noticed was we no longer had wifi like we used to. Then we noticed that the hot water to the kitchen sink wasn't hot. I let it run for 1/2 hour once to see if it would get hot, it didn't. Next thing I noticed was a paper coffee cup on the side of the tiki bar I wondered how long it would stay there before being cleaned up. It stayed there 2 weeks until it finally blew into the pool and it stayed there for another week. The manager was rarely in the office always out golfing. When I asked about the wifi he said he has it (I got mine attitude) Doing anything extra to clean up the motel seemed to be beneath him he would look at the ashtray on the table outside the office and walk right by it if it was full. He never swept the porch the whole time we were there (4 weeks). The new owner / manager could give lessons on how not to run a motel. I will never stay there again until the dump is cleaned up that will probably take a new owner. Someone might be able to pick it up in bankruptcy again, it will be there soon

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

First of all I was looking for a decent hotel at the last minute for my daughter and friends for spring break and of course there was vacancy at the Edgewater Inn (now I know why!!!) This place was just a little cheaper than the only other hotel I could find (only $11) and that was the Tricia Lyn Motel which turned out to be great! The Edgewater Inn was a little closer to the beach and my daughter insisted on that one. When I talked to the owners Dad Terry Patel, who manages it for his son Rajan, he was very nice on the phone and assured me that he would look after our kids and they were safe there. When they got there they were horrified to say the least!! My daughter immediately called home and insisted they couldnt stay there! She said it smelled really bad and sent me pics of the room. There was mold growing under the sink, carpets were filthy, old, outdated furniture, dusty and dirty room, and slippery, slimy stuff on floor when you walked outside their door and all sorts of things. Terry who was nice to me on the phone, was not very nice or talkative to the kids when they were there. The place felt shady to them and very uncomfortable. I insisted they go to front office and ask for their money back because getting another filthy room was not even an option. They would not give them their money back!! I was ready to drive down there from Pa. and flip! They made them stay the night and told them that was the rules and gave them most of their money back (which we were so relieved they even did that!) But he charged them an arm and a leg for the night. It was just the two in a room and I forget the room #. So PLEASE don't stay there because the pics are NOT what the hotel really looks like. They were there June 2012 and unless they did a million dollar renovation since then I'd say it's only gotten worse. The few "good" reviews they've gotten has to be them writing their own reviews because nobody in their right mind would say they had a good experience staying here. Go to the Tricia Lyn Motel ( my daughter stayed at the Sea Villas there and LOVED it!) If your looking for a cheap, clean place that family operated and talk to Don Helsel, hes from here up North, and you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vineland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We chose this inn based on other reviews and now I'm left wondering how anyone could have left a positive review? The owner is never there and he leaves running the inn up to his young teenage son ( who was nice enough). We stayed in room #15 on the end upstairs. The tiled floors were covered in a slimey film and I refused to allow my two little girls to walk barefoot at any time. I had to go and purchase a mop and floor cleaner from the BiLo store off of 17. The bathroom toilet only flushed occasionally when it felt like it. The tub was disgusting and I had to scrub that as well along with the bathroom floor. There was no toilet paper or soap in the room. When we looked in the closet outside the janitor's closet where we were told to look for extra supplies it was empty and remained that way our entire stay. The second bed had pubic hair and long black hair and sand all over the sheets when i turned down the bed. I had to ask the young man for clean sheets and had to remake the beds. The faux suede brown curtains were stained with I don't want to know what and smelled horrible. It was an efficiency yet had only three mismatched glasses (put away DIRTY) and a few plates...also dirty. The entire place was gross. Please do yourselves a favor and steer clear of this slime pit. To top it off, we had a set of guests on the first floor who decided it was a great idea to set up their own charcoal grill right outside their door which wreaked of lighter fluid not to mention the fire hazards it posed to the rest of us. The tiki bar was opened for one hour each evening from 4 to 5 and the female bartender sat in a chair with her bare feet perched on a table meant for guests to eat or drink at, while talking on her phone about how much her job stunk! Spend a little more and stay down the road at a more upscale establishment....you'll be much happier you did. Worst time ever in North Myrtle Beach! Since the owner was never available, all we could do was tell the poor son ...felt sorry for the kid!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

April 6....Had booked there based on reviews I had read (here)....and was disappointed, as this was "other than" what was described by others. Guess it depends on your expectation level however....was just out of date...was more of a 1950's experience....to put it kindly; for some perhaps fine but not for a single dad with two kids on vacation.

Room Tip: No internet connection in room 15, bring sandals
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Walkertown, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I visited my favorite place in sept. and oct. 2011 and have to say the visit was terrific.terry whos name i mispelled in my first review did it again.we had the best time during my month and a-half there of all times!i told terry before i left that if he decided to not stay there to just get some place with ocean and warm as i would be right there he has made a friend and customer forever.made my reservation for next year and look forward to going back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!