“Slow Elevators and Low Flow Shower Heads” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Boulevard

You added Wyndham Ocean Boulevard to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   410 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (Formerly Fairfield Myrtle Beach at Ocean Blvd.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Sale - 20% Off
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
NEW JERSEY
“Slow Elevators and Low Flow Shower Heads”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

The second bedroom is small. Not enough parking in building had to park across the road often.The windows leaked and had water on inside and on floor.Unit is not on Ocean if you exchange with RCI Resorts. Water pipes are noisy in entire building. The shower heads are real cheap and don't work well.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Central Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

Stayed here last summer for a week . the place was so cute just like your very own little house. We had a three bedroom unit which was nice it had a TV in every room small kitchen but it had a breakfast bar and dining area that worked well. It had a carport under the villa which was huge could have easily held 4+ cars. Very close to the beach, the only downfall was to go to the pool you had to go to the resort that was on the beach area but otherwise not bad at all. The pool area was nice two lazy rivers and a beautiful beach.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Kendallville, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

We had a very nice stay in Tower 4 (the only tower NOT located on the beach) the week immediately following Christmas. The hotel rooms were fantastic and my wife especially appreciated the his & her bathroom vanities.

Positives:
Nice rooms. Great heated lazy rivers and outdoor hot tubs. Indoor pools were average. Outdoor pools were really nice, especially the infinity pool. Nice playground for little ones in tower 4. Great access to the beach. Definitely do the Sun Cruz casino boat trip through the activities desk. It was well worth it.

Negatives:
Indoor hot tub temperature in tower 4 was very inconsistent. Phone in guest room was inoperable upon check-in, but fixed promptly. Master bedroom was missing the TV remote which they replaced. Uncomfortable beds (sorry...it's true.)

Upon check-in you get body snatched by the timeshare vultures b/c in order to get your parking pass you have to visit their counter. Of course you can always so no to the "SURVEY" (aka becoming hostage for a 2-4 hour "90 minute" survey/update.) We decided to take them up on the survey offer b/c of the gifts being offered, but with them conducting it in room b/c we were travelling with small children. Fortunately for us...they never showed and we were able to keep the gifts given to us. They really tried to get me to reschedule, but I refused. I promised them 90 minutes of my time and they simply didn't show b/c they had over booked. NO FAULT OF MINE. So it worked out great in the end, but I was frustrated b/c they called a 1/2 hr. before the scheduled time to make sure we were still on... and then they didn't show. When I initially called them 15 minutes after the scheduled time... they put me on hold and then told me that somebody was on the way up. It wasn't until I realized that was a lie and went downstairs to the Member Services rep. that I learned that wasn't true and in fact they didn't have anybody available.

• Liked — The pools and the beach.
  • Disliked — Timeshare no-show and uncomfortable beds.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

We own our time share here and go to this location an average of twice a year. We love the rooms, the location, the amenities, and the staff. The negatives are the parking (we knew that going in however), the elevators (check in and check out can be a bear), and the prices at the pool bar, but overall it is a great timeshare resort.

• Liked — Beautifully appointed rooms
  • Disliked — Parking and elevators
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

We booked this resort through RCI, the timeshare brokerage outfit.

At registration I asked for the highest floor available. I got 1407, the top floor in tower 4, aka 'the dungeon' by owners. Why, I don't know. Our balcony faced up the beach. The view was absolutely magnificent!! You could see all the way into North Carolina and a sweeping ocean view as well. But you would probably have to get at least floor 8. I visited two units in the supposedly classier towers and their 'view' was of one of the other towers and the ocean between the buildings.

They do have a problem with the front desk answering the phone, or rather not answering the phone. It seems to be a low priority. As far as friendliness of the staff is concerned. They couldn't have been friendlier - maintenance, security, housekeeping and sales.

Sales: We took the 90 minute sales pitch. We have taken many timeshare sales pitches in the past. This one was actually enjoyable!! No pressure. We told them going in we weren't in the market. It did take 90 minutes, perhaps 10 minutes less. The sales person was easy going throughout, very informative and at the end shook our hand and gave us some dinner coupons.

OK here are the pluses: Get up high in tower 4 and you'll have the best view. Take advantage of the lazy river; you'll get hooked on it. There is a sauna and it's in tower 4. Security seems to be pretty good. I'm a late nighter and no matter what hour I came through the parking garage they were always lurking, keeping an eye on things.

The minuses: washer and dryer-small, BUT at least you've got one. :) Other than that the unit was great! Loved the art deco motif. There were six outdoor hot tubs, and two indoor. they were all different temperatures, ranging from 'good and hot' - the 2 indoor and 2 of the outdoor, to 'unheated pool' temperature - 2 of the outdoor ones. The prices for light lunches in the bar in tower 2 are too high. Too bad. There's nowhere you can get a morning cup of joe unless you brew it yourself. There is a breakfast joint on Main Street a few blocks away that's pretty good. If you've got little kids I can see Ocean Boulevard a problem when taking them to the beach. Remember the video game 'Froger'? I say no more.

Tip: If you're in tower 4 always park on the P4 level. You won't have to try to remember which level you parked on. It's the last one to fill up and you can park closer to the elevator. We never had to park in the garage behind tower 4 and we came in after 11 two nights.

Have a great time. It's a good place.

• Liked — View from the 14th (top) floor
  • Disliked — Wind and shadows between buildings, lack of concistency of temperature of hot tubs and high prices in bar.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a week with our daughter and 3 year old grandson. It was great......people were friendly and helpful and the room was perfect. We had a 2 bedroom ocean view and couldn't ask for more then was supplied. Yes, we did often have to park across the street in tower 4 and even once in the hillside garage but really not a problem. A shuttle took us and our groceries right from the garage to our elevator! The wind can be "breathtaking" between the towers but the lazy river and beach are wonderful and relaxing.

• Liked — The accomadations - room, view, cleanliness
  • Disliked — no restaurants
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Imler, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this resort from September 5th-13th, 2008 and we had a great time. It was just the two of us and we had plenty of room in our 2BR/2Bath suite.

We were suprised when we walked into our room and found all sorts of amennities for us. There was laundry detergent (enough for 4 loads) dishwasher detergent (5 loads) dish liquid, garbage bags, a bag of microwave popcorn, 2 packs of hot cocoa, and 2 bags of coffee. There were samples packs of advil, deodorant, face cream and a couple other samples. In the bathrooms there were small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and bars of soap all from bath and bodyworks. There were 8 beach towels in the room, and 8 bath sets with towels, washclothes and hand towels. There were also dish rags, dish towels and hot pads. The kitchen had dinnerware for 8, and everything you could need including a blender, toaster and coffee maker. The room had its own air conditioning unit and also had a pull out couch. The room also has a cd player, dvd player, and a safe.

We stayed in Tower 2 on the 10th floor. We only had to park across the street once during our stay otherwise we found parking spots near our elevator. We were able to check in early around 2:30 without any problems. Somehow we missed the timeshare people for the beginning part of the week. However, Thursday morning at 9:00 our phone started ringing (I read not to answer the phone so I ignored it) and they continued to call every half an hour until we left for the day around 11:30. The next morning they called again at 9:00 (and woke me up for the 2nd day) and I didn't answer so this time they called back every 5 minutes until I couldn't take it and answered the phone. I wasn't very friendly with the lady because she just laughed at me when I said that she woke me up 2 days in a row. We didn't have any problem with crowding in the pools or on the beach.

Some of the downfalls that we came across was that the resort does not actually have an arcade even though it's advertised that they do. The video rental was not working the week that we were there. And the washer/dryer is very small. One load I was only able to fit 3 beach towels into it.

We had a great time and didn't have any major problems.

• Liked — All the things to do
  • Disliked — The bothersome phone calls
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wyndham Ocean Boulevard? Share your experiences!