“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Boulevard

You added Wyndham Ocean Boulevard to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   410 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (Formerly Fairfield Myrtle Beach at Ocean Blvd.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Sale - 20% Off
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairborn, Ohio
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love staying in this condo development. Yes, parking is mostly in tower 2 but I'm very glad they don't waste expensive ocean front property on parking! You have to realize that they can't put parking underground, it's right on the ocean. Do you really want your ocean front pool, bar, restaurant, beach, etc. bathed in exhaust fumes all the time? Not to mention paying top tax dollars for parking spaces. The only real problem with the parking, as far as I'm concerned, is that they don't have an enclosed elevated walkway or two. This resort is great family fun and I was able to get beautiful pictures of the beach and a very nice video too. I have stayed there several times. I really prefer the renovated rooms and the main tower always seems to have the better housekeeping staff. I have stayed there enough that they no longer try to sell me their products, and I am thankful for that. I love the privacy of renting a condo and not a hotel room, housekeeping will come by and switch out towels, you can take them to the desk, or you can wash them yourself. My kids discovered that you can also just go ask for a new towel every time you head for the beach and we ended up with a mountain of towels I made them return. The staff is great. Any time I have a problem, I complain and it gets resolved. I even got a call from guest relations on one visit after completing a suggestion card and the next time I went back, my suggestion had been implemented! Of course I would stay at this location again and I would recommend it to any of my friends. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if you can. If you have a problem with your room, speak up! I have gotten...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
columbus ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

stayed with friends summer of 2012, the rooms were great but I agree with others the parking is the pits. Our rooms were great and very spacious. we were on the opposite side of the Ocean but were promised an Ocean side which ended up being okay because the week we were there it ended up raining everyday and we spent our time in the indoor pool.

Room Tip: Make sure if they promise you a room you write it down which tower and room you were promised becaus...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the fourth time we have visited this Wyndham resort. Three of the four have been around the Christmas break. This time my some and I visited to play golf after the first of the year.

Probably won't do that again. The resort is nice and rooms and beds are very comfortable. The pools, both indoor and outdoor are open. Indoor pools and outdoor hot-tubs were nice. As a RCI owner we were again placed in building four which is across the street from the ocean. No big deal, but the resort could not have been half full and it would have been nice to been on the ocean. But, this happens with points systems!

The area of Myrtle Beach is beyond dead in the month of January. All the shows go dark, the restaurants are empty and close around 8:00 PM. Only the chains stay open longer and they are empty also. Sort of errie. Weather was okay and got in a couple of rounds of golf, but will not travel back during this time frame.

Room Tip: Building four is across the street from the ocean. All RCI owner end up there as they can then rent...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Catawba, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

we attended the sales pitch for free breakfast..cold bacon biscuit and drinks from fountain no ice..The rooms were nice but you have to even wash your own towels to use day to day..I don't pay that price to do my own laundry..we had 2 rooms and one was in tower 4 and one in tower 2..not much time together..very unhappy...The ocean view room in tower 4 was about 3 blocks down and the tower 2 view almost none at all. In the mornings we never got a hot shower.

Room Tip: Try to get a room Ocean front or above the 8th floor for a view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sanford, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We came down to Wyndham Ocean Boulevard to relax after a busy Christmas. We wanted peace and the sound of the ocean to sooth and relax our spirits... This place is perfect for that, especially if you can arrange to get an ocean front room. The ocean view rooms are okay if you really don't need to see the ocean without craning your neck. We were in Tower 1...our second time in this tower. The units are clean and very well furnished with everything you need to enjoy your time at the beach. The best part of this time of year is that it is off-season, and there are not throngs of people everywhere. We had no issues parking, or getting around the strand. There are a few restaurants closed for the season, but a great deal of the good locations are open...and easy to get into even without reservations. The weather was glorious and warm, which allowed for nice walks on the beach without being wrapped up.

Yes, this is a time-share location, and they have the best ex-used car sales people employed to offer you many "you must do this today", all under the premise that they only need 15 minutes for a survey. We didn't bite and just said no 4 times the first day...and sensing there was new blood checking in, they gave up on us. If you aren't interested, be firm and do not give in, and they will eventually stop the harassment. The folk at check-in were NOT pushy and were very helpful...

So, overall, this is a fine place to stay on North Myrtle Beach. Lots of food and shopping are near by. The ocean is only a few steps away. There are swimming pools and other activities onsite. If you can get here in the off season, it is a glorious place to relax. Just be careful NOT to appear the slightest bit interested to the sales pitches, and don't let them scare you that your time-share is in danger of drastic changes UNLESS you sit and let them review your situation. If you can do that....You will, as we did, love this place!!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room..instead of an ocean view room. High or low are all fine. Yes, low mak...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My biggest complaint, other than the lazy employees, is that the parking is terrible! Tower one has 15 floors, but the designated parking area only has 2 floors! They expect 15 floors of people to park on 2 floors? I guess the overflow Parking is across the street which is so inconvenient for someone who is checking in with alot of luggage.

• Stayed December 2012
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We are not owners but stay with family that is. the view was great room was stocked with plenty of towels and amenities. It's a nice hotel except that it is a timeshare. So you do get those former used car salesman trying to sell you a timeshare. Parking was bad and being December I was surprised. Room was not bad you could tell that some work have been done with it refrigerator and dishwasher needed upgrading.c/I and c/o were cumbersome since there are a lot of cars and all inside a garage. I think they can do better met some great staff along the way ( except for some sales people). Front desk is big not the best place to stay in North Myrtle Beach or Myrtle Beach there a lot better places.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Ocean Boulevard? Share your experiences!