“MUSIC TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Boulevard

You added Wyndham Ocean Boulevard to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   410 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (Formerly Fairfield Myrtle Beach at Ocean Blvd.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Sale - 20% Off
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“MUSIC TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Wyndham Ocean Blvd is our absolute favorite time-share location. We have been staying here for several years now. We usually travel during early Spring or Fall to avoid the crowds and noise of the Summer season. My ONLY complaint about your resort is the LOUD music constantly being played in the pool areas. I'm sure that the teens and young adults who visit you during the Summer really enjoy this, however, this time of the year most of your guests are older, retirees, or young families with children too young to be in school. As an older adult, and as remembering being a parent with young children, a nap in the afternoon, especially for the children, is usually a requirement. I am staying in Tower 4 and the music being played at the pool area on the ocean-side towers is blasting into my condo, making a nap impossible. I just don't see why this is necessary this time of year. You may want to give some consideration to turning the volume down for those of us who don't appreciate it. Music could still be played around the pool but just loud enough for those sitting nearby to enjoy it. Thanks! Everything else about the resort is PERFECT!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Me & my husband stayed here during the week of March 27 thru April 2...we had a marvelous time. We arrived and we were approached very nicely. We understood and had known to check in in Tower 2 because it was after hours of the Tower 4 in which where we were staying. The viewing in Tower was marvelous even though Tower 123 were on the beachside, Tower 4 was just as fine. We were on our honeymoon and thanks to Justin for the wonderful Chardonay he had recommended for us. We are so planning to go back cause the resort was nnnniicceeee we enjoyed everyday whether it rained or was windy. The Hot Tub was warm and nice.and the Jacuzzi that are in the 2 bedrooms were my one of my favs...the lazy river was fun....pool was cleaned everyday we actually saw them cleaning everyday...plenty to do in resort itself and even more entertainment outside of the resort. Myrtle Beach is a wonderful place to go with your spouse, kids, family a girls trip or whatever. So much entertainment and great eating places. Nobody bothered us about about timeshare but we did have a great guy to come in and make sure we were satisfied. Tower 4 is normally for timeshare residents but due to it was a gift to us we had no problem, we were on the 14th floor very nice and fully equipped kitchens, comfortable bed, nice shower heads, jacuzzi, wonderful views, just enough to kick off a great vacation/honeymoon. Everything was lovely and we planned to visit every year for our Anniversary!!! Thank you Wyndham Mr.& Mrs. John & Brittney Todd

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Akron, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We stayed at the Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (Tower 2) in a three bedroom ocean view room. The rooms are slight older looking then the last couple of Wyndham properties we have stayed at (We are timeshare owners). No real complaints about this unit or property. We stayed in off season so parking wasn’t an issue (but I would assume in the summer it would be hard to find a close spot). Even though the weather was not the best we still had a good time. When it rained we used the activities room to play ping pong and the kids swam in the lazy river (which was heated). There was an indoor pool which we never used. The beach was nice and well maintained. The property was close to other off-site activities. Overall the property was nice and we will come back sometime in the future.

The only issue which was a disappointment was the Wi-Fi access. It was spotty at best.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Instead of the front desk giving you a parking pass when you check in, you have to go to member services across the lobby where you get signed up to go to a presentation and they ask for your license or home address and tell you that they are putting you in the system for fire safety when in fact they are running a soft credit hit on your credit report.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

What a breath of fresh air! Great location, very clean, excellent staff, gorgeous rooms! A must stay in myrtle beach!

• Stayed March 2011
Somerset, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach coming from snowy Ohio. We were in Tower 3. We had read stories of no hot water. However, in our tower, we had plenty. The unit itself was absolutely beautiful. We had a 2 bedroom, and there was a complete kitchen and a jacuzzi tub. The indoor pool in tower 4 was nice, albiet it needed to be warmer. Wyndham had promised us when we purchased that their pools were 86 degrees, but they aren't. 2 or 3 degrees makes a huge difference if you have arthritis/fibromyalgia, but it was OK. What wasn't OK was the second time we went to the pool, 4 kids with their 2 sets of parents there who were ignoring their kids jumping into and playing rough/screaming at the pool. We were not the only one's clearly annoyed by it or who left the pool area. The management came down. He was very nice, but "didn't want to tell them how to raise their kids". Why post rules that aren't going to be enforced. I proceeded to "take my shower" at the pool bathrooms which the room was freezing--no excuse for that. Then when I turned the shower on, it was also freezing and NEVER got warm. That made me so mad but I had already soaped up and so had to take a cold shower in early March. I was literally shivering. When I called front desk when I got to my room, I was put off, then accidentally hung up on, then they wouldn't answer. Then I was FURIOUS, so I went down, walked in to "Member services", which is actually where they manipulate some new sucker into purchasing a timeshare and made it known very loudly my dissatisfaction. As you can imagine, that wasn't the image they wanted to portray to that group of folks and they couldn't get me help fast enough.

Having said that, I LOVED Myrtle Beach and our unit was in fact on the 9th floor with a stunning view of the beach. The downstairs outside pool was beautiful and I even got to lay out a day. I would go back there. Jim at the front Desk was especially helpful and he said they are sending out for bid to get the hot water issue resolved, because at present time the boilers are on the roof--too far for the water to travel for the guests on lower floors.

I refuse to let a bad experience ruin my trip, but I really wish Wyndham would get their act together on 1) Enforcing pool rules 2) Make the pool 86, NOT 82 degrees--the pool maintenance people should be REQUIRED to swim in an 82 degree pool in the winter to realize it is WAAAAY too cold. and 3) Quit hounding us or our guest every single Wyndham visit to up our timeshare points, or use one more sleazy sales tactic to manipulate more money out of us. Two more thing--Internet was slow--but then it IS a concrete building, and also, parking can be dicey. The location is perfect though.

I'd go back there, cause it's a great destination in a beautiful resort on the whole.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Took my 5 yr old son on a weeklong getaway Feb 26 to Mar 5, 2011. Weather range from 55 to 73 degrees. We had so much to do plus there's so many mini golf places, which my son lives for! Also the aquarium, butterfly house, etc and resort pools and game room. Lots of exploring to do.

• Stayed February 2011

Been to Wyndham Ocean Boulevard? Share your experiences!