“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
nc
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

After reading the negative reviews on here, I was a little scared. I am a very picky person about where I stay. However, this place turned out to be very pleasant. We had a nice oceanfront 1 bedroom suite. We were only there for one night for Mayfest at North Myrtle Beach. It was a very short (5 minute or less) walk up to Main Street. Our suite had 1 bedroom (it was small, but totally sufficient). It had a sofa bed with a full kitchen. The only negative I could find was the balcony was extremely small. I'm talking maybe only 2 feet wide if that. It was fine to stand and look at the ocean, but you definitely couldn't sit on it. I did notice that some of the other units had larger balconies. It is a timeshare, and they do come and check your room prior to checkout. All sheets and towels had to be placed in the hallway. I would definitely consider staying here again while at North Myrtle Beach. It was a little pricey for one night, but it was close to where we needed to be.

Room Tip: I would choose a 1 bedroom suite that is oceanfront. It was only about $10 more per night than the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed here when the other hotels were all full. We only stayed for one night, but expected a hotel, this is a timeshare/condo type situation. For that, the price was good for having 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living room/kitchen. The suite itself was "OK". By that I mean the furniture is worn, the appliances dingy, but everything was functional. The couch in the living room had so many stains we wouldnt even sit on it cause we weren't sure what those stains were. The furniture and appliances could use some updating, but the linens seemed clean and that's why we went on and stayed. The bathrooms were gross- old fixtures that were calcified over and the rod in the shower came out and feel down and has been caulked back on at least 100 times based on the amount of mildewy caulk where it broke. They give 2 towels per bathroom- no more. We didn't request more either, we were just ready to go. So if you need a one night stayover this was fine, but don't use this as a place for your week's vacation. Even for just 1 night we had to strip the beds, take out the trash, and prepare for our "inspection" before we left. Yikes.

We requested a later check-out, which they said they would NOT do. You must be out by 10 am. No exceptions they said. Also, we arrived early (around 3, check in is at 4). They stated our room was not ready, and would call when it was. We left our cell # for them to call but they never did. We did end up coming back around 5 and it was ready but they did not call as they stated they would. Do not recommend if you have other options.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Staff was not friendly or helpful. We paid more for ocean view and we got parking lot view. They refused to move us. They said they were booked and our second car had to be parked down the street, even though the parking lot was never full. Tiny room felt like a prison cell.

• Stayed April 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I wasn't please with this location, the building is old, gnats were in the room, no TV in the bedroom. Front desk staff wasn't friendly or informative. You can not check out late not a option check out is 10am. Staff was rude when asked if we could check out at 11am instead of 10am. The staff will come check the room before you checked out staff barged in while my boyfriend was getting dressed. The stay wasn't a good experience will not stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Danville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

There a alot of bad reviews.. Ignore them. If you are NOT looking for 5 star and just need a clean fresh place to stay this is your place.
Sure it is not all stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops but that is ok with me.
It was efficient and clean and the staff was AWESOME.
Location is great and the outside pool area is very nice.
The only negative was the inside pool area could use some updates but that was not going to keep me from using it.
Overall great place for everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I booked three rooms for my wedding weekend, for my family, me and husband. The rooms are just OK. You can tell the hotel is old more on the outside, and the indoor pool area. Rooms were clean. Great location, and views of the ocean. But not sure if I would stay again. Rooms a night, with not booking online were 100. Not worth that at all. Someone really needs to do some work on the indoor pool area. Staff was nice

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

First let me mention, this IS NOT a hotel/motel. It is a timeshare! But if you happen to stay here remember that it has been here over 30 years. So don't expect everything to look like a shiny new penny.
If your looking for a place where the staff will make you feel like family, you've found it.
When they say Oceanfront, you get oceanfront!! My family has bee coming here for close to 30 years. And we love it!!

To just open your sliding glass doors and drink up the fresh open ocean air, or fall asleep listening to the wave crash is worth it all!!

In season or off season, it's a great place to relax,refresh and spend time with family.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Peppertree by the Sea? Share your experiences!