“Old, Clean, Good Location, Nice Staff, Last Minute Exchange was Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Peppertree by the Sea

Save Saved
You added Peppertree by the Sea to your Saves list
Peppertree by the Sea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   305 S Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29572   |
Ranked #28 of 53 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Aurora, Illinois
“Old, Clean, Good Location, Nice Staff, Last Minute Exchange was Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I consider myself to be a fair person when it comes to reviews. So, you can expect me to be fair with this location as well. Yes, it is dated, I will tell you that right from the beginning. It is also smaller than the newer resorts built in the last 10-20 years. Therefore, please don't expect a newer property with modern amenities. What you can expect is a clean place in a good location right on the beach. Chances are, your room won't face the beach because they are usually given to the owners who have faithfully maintained their memberships even though the place is declining. When I say clean, I don't mean Four Seasons or even Marriot clean because you can't make a place new just by cleaning it. I mean it is old and clean. I am thankful that I was able to get this at the very last minute during Spring Break. Of course, I would rather have gone to Florida or South Myrtle Beach, however, I waited until the last minute and this place was available. For that, I give you 3 stars. Had I planned months in advance like I normally do, I would have opted for something a little more modern. Let me also add that I might some owners while vacation there and they were the nicest people! I have been to four and five star properties all over the world and the people are always so nice. The owners at this location seem to be pretty nice people who come here on a regular basis and like to relax and have a good time. The area is nice and clean although you are 15 minutes away from South Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited North Myrtle for the first time and found this place on the Internet and booked a 2 night stay. Upon arrival we were checked in by a frumpy man who looked very unclean and was not the least bit friendly. We went to our room and were surprised to find no balcony or exit other than the main door...A tiny window was our only view of the ocean...Extremely disappointing for an "ocean front room". The room was disgusting and not clean. We asked for a different room and were told none were available. We also asked for a refund due to terrible conditions in the room. We refused to stay, took a cancelation fee and went to another hotel! I would not recommend this hotel. This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed August 2012
Fayetteville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three days over the MLK weekend. We booked online and had no problems and it was a good value. This is an older property that has been updated and was more spacious than some of the other condos we have stayed in at NMB. We stayed in a one bedroom but there was actually sleeping space for six (bunk beds in the hallway and pull out sofa as well as the bedroom). The kitchen was huge with generous cabinets and countertops. The kitchen was well equipped and even included wine glasses and a beautiful salad set. Our coffeemaker went out on the first morning but a call to the office brought us another one within minutes. All interactions with the staff were very pleasant. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean. We did not visit the pools or spas on this visit. We were attending a dance event with most of the activities on Main Street which was just a ten minute walk. We would definitely stay here again and would even consider purchasing a time-share at this property. Our only complaint was that our room was an end unit and near the outside steps. Some of the guests were checking out on Sunday morning and bringing their luggage down the steps rather than using the elevator which caused us to get up a little earlier than we had planned.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We loved the location. The sunrise and sunset was beautiful to watch from the unit. The first unit had a large crack in the glass due to the storm and when I found out about it, the staff imediately moved us to another unit. The indoor pool was kept at a cozy temperature considering it was Dec. when we were there. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed back in August from August 16-19 for the end of summer vacation. We arrived at midnight and stayed in room 304.
Pros: great location
Every room has beach view
Indoor pool opened for 24 hrs
Was hot the whole time
Cons:
The hallway was dirty
Activities room had an 80s 90s look to it
The indoor pool too small

• Stayed August 2012
Tarboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had read some negative reviews after I booked so I had some fears about the stay. Glad to report no problems though. We had a 2 bedroom suite which included full kitchen. Under $100 a night for all this and found everything to be clean. Grills on site for use as well as the indoor pool and hottub. Very nice walkway to the beach and close to the Main Street attractions.

As for outdated, yes maybe so. But it is clean and a good price. If you want to pay more just to look at pretty drapes and bedding, have at it.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are a good value as they aren't a lot more than standard rooms. May be wrong...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked this place last minute and loved the location right on the ocean; however, the conditions in the room left a lot to be desired. The floors were sticky, the carpet was stained and the bedding was outdated. This place has so much potential being right on the water but left us wondering "what could have been".

Room Tip: all rooms face the ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Peppertree by the Sea? Share your experiences!