“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 56 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Tarboro, North Carolina
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had read some negative reviews after I booked so I had some fears about the stay. Glad to report no problems though. We had a 2 bedroom suite which included full kitchen. Under $100 a night for all this and found everything to be clean. Grills on site for use as well as the indoor pool and hottub. Very nice walkway to the beach and close to the Main Street attractions.

As for outdated, yes maybe so. But it is clean and a good price. If you want to pay more just to look at pretty drapes and bedding, have at it.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are a good value as they aren't a lot more than standard rooms. May be wrong...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked this place last minute and loved the location right on the ocean; however, the conditions in the room left a lot to be desired. The floors were sticky, the carpet was stained and the bedding was outdated. This place has so much potential being right on the water but left us wondering "what could have been".

Room Tip: all rooms face the ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed there in June 1st time and we loved it so much ,very clean room and the sheets and twls where out standing !!!!! My 9 yr old son he loved the indoor and outside pool ,we loved it so much me and my husband are renewing our wedding vows of 10yrs together and we are having on the beach and all my famliy and friends will be there . Love the place try it you will like it we did .

Room Tip: You will love it we did .Any room is great!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I own here, and checked in on Sunday. My unit - one of the larger one bedrooms - on the first floor is really wonderful. It has a large living area open to the full kitchen, with both a dinette and an eating bar with stools, and a bedroom large enough for a King bed. The full glass wall in the living room looks out onto the lawn, just beyond which are a low dune and the widest stretch of beach in the Grand Strand area. There are two comfortable bunk beds recessed into an alcove on the hallway, so the unit is a true 6 sleeper.

Coffee, diswasher and dish soap (both), and toiletries are provided, as are ample towels for 6, and so, the only things missing are: garbage disposal, a TV in the bedroom, and a washer and dryer in the unit. There is a linen exchange however, so the main reason for the washer and dryer in the unit at a beach resort is taken care of another way.

I like most of the staff, and the fact that this timeshare resort does not have the 'owner update' pressure associated with many timeshare resorts. There are a number of activities throughout the week, but the resort's pools (one indoor and one outdoor) and indoor jacuzzi make it easy to relax whether or not you participate in those various activities. There are gas and charcoal grills and lots of lounge chairs for the big oceanfront lawn.

Again, I am an owner here, so I am prejudiced and think PBTS is underrated here. If I had a smaller unit - or had rented a non-ocean-front studio, however, I might well have a different opinion.

Room Tip: X16 and X17 rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel is neither horrible or excellent. I came to north myrtle beach for a last minute wedding. When we arrived, the male front desk employee was abrasive and very to the point (when I could understand him). I knew a room in thr beginning of July with no reservations would be expensive and our room was $214 for one night. Thankfully, we have AAA and our total came to be $195. I asked the front desk clerk for oceanfront and he said they had a 3nd floor unit or 4th fourth unit. I wanted the 4th floor unit so we could have a better view of the ocean. The clerk called housekeeping and figured out that the 4th floor unit was not clean. Keep in mind, by this point it is almost 4pm. Their checkout time is at 10am...so why are these rooms not clean?! Next we ventured into our room, which was decently clean except for the random hairs that were in our towels. I went to the balcony to find puke on it. I called the front desk, no answer. So I walked down to the office and told the clerk about the puke. He proceeded to tell me that the best he could do is get a bucket of water and pour it on the puke but that it would just go on the ppl below us. Needless to say, when we returned that night, the puke was still on the balcony. Then, the next morning at 940am (mind you, checkout is at 10am and we were busy getting our stuff together) the clerk calls up to our room and says our vehicle was in the way of their landscaper and we needed to move it?! WE WERE LEAVING IN 20 MINUTES! I said no that we were leaving anyways. Plus, who landscapes on a Sunday? For $200 a night, take your $$ elsewhere. As for the peppertree staff - here's my advice: nix the idiot front desk clerk, he's rude and unintelligible, raise your cleaning standards or hire a professional cleaning company to come in and give that place a thorough cleaning, and if your guest complain about sanitation issues, don't tell them that the best you can do is get a bucket of water. Get your lazy butt up and get some Clorox and clean it up or find out who did it and make them clean it. Also, don't call your guests up early in the morning to conplain about stuff, we are on vacation and want to be left alone!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I returned from a time share vacation yesterday. We had a relaxing time, but the facility needs a lot of upgrades. The best part was the friendliness of the staff. The beach access was very easy.

We were in a studio unit since that was all available at reservation time, The unit was not very clean. There was an inventory sheet to complete and to be turned in the next morning. That would have done no good since there were no linens for us to make the bed. Several other necessary toiletries things were missing, some kitchen utensils and towels. I was able to get the linens, towels, and some toiletries shortly after we arrived. They did bring all the missing items the next day.

In order to have fresh linens, you had to take the old linens to a housekeeping room.
Trash removal was the responsibility on the guest. They did supply trash bags.
The air conditioner caused the room to be very cold or not. I had to reset several times a day.

My wife and I decided that this facility will not be used by us again.
The TV was full of snow in the mornings for up to 45 minutes before a clear picture came on.

Room Tip: DON'T - the one we had was not clean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I just got back from peppertree today and it was horrible! The moment I walked in, I was dissappointed. There was pop tart wrappers on the balcony and empty beer cans in one of the kitchen cabinets. The last time we stayed before this time, was in June 2002. The room still had the early 2000s look to it. The beds looked old and the carpets had the old look, the outdoor and indoor pool was dirty and the balcony was too. There were cockroaches everywhere. Our hotel room was muggy and it smelt of mildew. When we finally left today, I was soo happy. I will NOT stay at that crappy hotel ever again!

• Stayed June 2012
, Public Relations Manager at Peppertree by the Sea, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear LAgirl427:
Thank you for visiting Peppertree By the Sea and for writing a review. We work hard to ensure our property is well cared for and in proper condition during each guest's stay. We have gone through our records and don't show any complaints or calls during your visit to inform us about the problems you experienced. We very much appreciate guests calling the front desk to let us know of any issues they find so that we can quickly and efficiently address them during your stay. Our housekeeping works hard to ensure a clean room is ready for our guests, and we do have regular pest control service spray the property. We will address the problems you mentioned in your review with the appropriate individuals to ensure the situations are rectified. Thank you for visiting and for your review.