“weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Tree Inn Oceanfront

You added Red Tree Inn Oceanfront to your Saves list
Red Tree Inn Oceanfront
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1415 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #47 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
s.c.
“weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend and I must say for the money I was very satisfied.True it is not the newest or largest but the room was clean, all oceanfront, and got in as soon as we arrived which was a few hours before check in.Good location. Close to mostly anything you want to do. Staff friendly.Quiet at night except for the waves! Yes appliances a little rusty but you are at the beach! unless its a new building you will indeed have a bit of rust. No big deal. In a relatively calm area in Crescent Beach. Literally steps to the ocean!Had no problems at all with doors, cleanliness,or safety.Have been before and would return!

Room Tip: If you are there for the ocean by all means GO OCEANFRONT! You will not be happy if you are unable t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gainesville, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Appliances in the room were rusty and didn't work well. The fan/light in the bathroom was loud. WIFI was intermitten at best and the speed was more like a dialup connection. The doors were difficult to lock and unlock and the wood on the outside was peeling at the bottom. The room was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. With upgrades, this motel has real possibilites. The ocean view was spectacular. Probably won't stay again unless improvements are made.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have stayed at Redtree Inn seveal times and its a great value, the rooms are all oceanfront and they are clean and quite with a very nice and helpful staff! I am planing on going back again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Happened across this motel on the Sunday before Labor day. For the price for a beach front room, it was about as I expected: worn. Staff was pleasant. Room was clean. Fridge and microwave were functional but rusty around the edges. Bathroom was clean and no mildew or mold was evident. The door to the balcony was difficult to lock, but opened and closed okay. My biggest beef was a poor seal around the balcony door (and the room door), allowing copious air to leak in (this was a very windy couple of days), and while the AC kept the room cool, it couldn't keep the air in the room dry with the large influx of air from outside. As others noted, the elevator does not inspire confidence to look at it, but it works well enough. Didn't risk the pool or "spa", but other guests with lower hygiene standards seemed to be enjoying it. I don't know if I'd schedule a week at the beach here, but it met out needs for three nights. If I had another trip of this nature (family business in Horry County with a few nights available to spend at the beach) I would probably consider this motel again.

Room Tip: Other folks photos are indicative of our experience as well. I have no advice to offer on room sele...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lancaster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

My friend and I booked a 3-day weekend with them on Sept. 2-4th 2011. We did not get into town until around 1:30 am. on Sat. morning, and we had not stayed there before so asked to see the room. It was okay looking. We paid for the 3-days and went up to the room. I awoke at 5:00 am itching all over. I dozed back off and woke up again itching horribly and looked around and there were bed bugs all over the bed and me. I killed several and of course blood everywhere on the sheets. We called the front desk and told the manager about the situation and we were told "it was just rented out, no bed bugs" well we said come and look for yourself, and he still argued and we argued and he then called the "police". Wow! Then he comes up to the room and advises me that the police are with him, which I said that is fine I want him to see this too. I showed him all of the bugs and the dead ones, as well as even with the lights on these guys were crawling around (infested). He still argued with us and had the nerve to tell us that he thought we had planted these in the room! I had to laugh, and said oh yeah, I carry my jar of bedbugs everywhere I go! My god, how assenine is this guy? I am in my p.j's and he says I need you to leave, we said fine, definitely leaving, but need to put clothes on, it is prior to 7 a.m. at this point. We get our stuff together and go down to get our money back and he refused to refund this nights rental, he said we stayed in the room! At this point, I could have done bodily harm to this gentleman. In my 4 hour stay, I have been eaten alive, he's called the police on me, kicked us out and then robbed me! I have never been treated in the manner he treated us. I could have understood having bedbugs if he had acted as if he were concerned and tried to remedy the situation, but instead he turned it into what I felt was a scene from the twilight zone! I am going after this hotel for the rental as well as my pain and suffering, being that I was eaten and am allergic and that the police were called etc. DO NOT STAY HERE- I have many pics to share of the bugs if anyone is interested.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011 via mobile

If you are expecting a sparkling clean, lovely hotel then the Red Tree Inn is not for you. It's an older property and is showing it's age. Definitely somewhat shabby and could use some TLC. The elevator is rusty looking, everything needs painting and updating. The hot tub is very old and the jets don't work right. Having said that, $78 a night for an oceanfront room on a holiday weekend is a steal. My room was nothing fancy but it was very clean and didn't smell. No mold or mildew in the bathroom. The microwave exterior was rusty but the interior was clean and it worked. My room was not an efficiency but it came with a full sized refrigerator which was nice. The location is great, very quiet area with a wide beach. The pool was clean and nice and the oceanfront patio is attractive. Lots of parking and the guys in the office were very nice. The worst thing about my experience was that the door going out to the balcony was very difficult to open but I eventually got used to it. Overall it was pretty much what I expected for the money and I would definitely stay there again to save money. I have stayed at much worse places for way more money (Boardwalk resort). But if you are picky and used to nice hotels...do not stay here because you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011
Sauquoit, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This was the worse place I ever stayed in.......Expedia said they would refund but never did.So dirty..................The Lobby looked great than things changed after that............it was so dirty No one was using pool.I don't even know how they get away with renting rooms for 120 a night...........they said I could leave but everything booked.I am still sick from this.Traveled 2500 miles for this.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Tree Inn Oceanfront? Share your experiences!