“Great for Pets!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 53 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great for Pets!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was hard to find a decent place to stay with 2 black labs but this place made it easy. Stayed in North Myrtle Beach and everyone was very nice. Front desk will even give you a courtesy call if your dogs are misbehaving ie. barking too long or too loud. They called us after 1 hour of barking. So they have a lot of tolerance for pets. There isn't a lot of grassy areas for the dogs but it did the job for a few nights. Great access to the beach. Even the housekeepers did not mind cleaning up the room a bit with the dogs in the room.......and they didn't charge a dime extra for the dogs. Most other places wanted to charge more for the dogs than the people staying there. There were a few minor problems like a leaking faucet, scratches in the walls, but if that does not bother you it is worth cost of the hotel. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Let me begin by saying, I love Myrtle Beach and my experience there has always been good. Now, I got that off of my chest, I stayed at this for 2 days during the month of August 2013 for a family trip. On 8/9/13, my wife recognized there was mold on the shower curtain and in the refrigerator. She notified the front desk, where the staff was always alone with no assistance, and asked for maintenance or housekeeping to change the curtain. Front desk staff stated she could not help, so she gave my wife the shower curtain and we installed the curtain. On 8/10/13, me and family went to the beach, and we returned to the hotel. I noticed 2 hotel cleaning staff. Me and family went to the boardwalk, and when he returned,and noticed the bathroom was not cleaned. I notified front desk, and staff was unable to assist, so me and my 72 year old mother cleaned the bathroom. The straw that broker the camel's back came when my mother slept on the sofa bed, and she fell through the bed.The manager had the audacity to state the sofa bed was for a child, and I replied to him if that is posted in the room. Manager, "Mike"(actually the owner), did not offer an apology for our negative stay, and if anyone else stays here, you are a fool. I was a fool enough for all of us. Stay away from this rat hole.

Room Tip: The best room is a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am a Elite member and have been staying in La Qunita's for many years and would have to say this is the worst one I have ever stayed at. The room was damp and smelled so bad we couldn't even eat our dinner that we brought back to the room and also the sheets on the bed were very nasty too, tried to switch rooms but it was all sold out. I would have to say that even though I used my reward points for my free night stay that if all surrounding hotels were not all sold out I would of just lost my points and paid to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: This Hotel needs some major changes
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

New Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am usually impressed when staying at La Quinta - for a very reasonable price you get a cut above the usual budget hotel/motel types. This particular location didn't disappoint. Rooms were large and well appointed and the free breakfast was surprisingly comprehensive and the staff very friendly. The only downside is that the hotel is slightly set back from the road and almost hidden by another hotel directly in front of it, so unless you have GPS, you may need to keep your eyes open so you don't miss it. The hotel has a nice little outdoor pool that is kept clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked a room at this hotel for 2 nights based on other reviews. I was very disappointed. The pluses: bed was very comfortable, quiet, close to restaurants & beaches. The negatives: outdated, dead roaches in room, staff not very friendly, coffee machine but no coffee pot in room and very expensive. When I used the outlets, my plugs just fell back out. At the "breakfast" in the lobby, every time the microwave was used the breaker would trip. Then we couldn't use the juice or coffee machine. The staff would have to fix the breaker. It happened a bunch of times in a matter of 10 minutes. I got my head chewed off by Isabella when I asked if it could be fixed. Not very good customer service. Also, the first night we where there the elevator broke down. Needless to say, I used the stairs the whole time we were there and we stayed on the 4th floor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hindman, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our first time visiting the area. Pleased with the location, at the northern end of N Myrtle Beach. We were treated well, room was nice, well maintained, quiet upper floor. We often travel with a small dog, & appreciate La Quinta's pet policy.
Good breakfast options. We would stay again, but we'll choose a different week. We were unaware it was 'bike week'.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Rooms were ok, but a but out dated. Bed was comfy & clean. Prices were high but summer time in Myrtle Beach everything is high priced. Attendant was very helpful & nice. Only stayed one night but it was a decent nights rest at a decent hotel. Not the best LQ ive stayed in but definitely not the worst.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn North Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!