“Helloooo No. Myrtle Beach” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn North Myrtle Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601B Hwy 17 North, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #26 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Hurricane
“Helloooo No. Myrtle Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Close to just about everything you would want......great restaurants, malls, beaches, and great for tons of golf courses.. would definetly stay here again. Liked the staff and the breakfasts were quick and varied. Plenty of fruit!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Concord, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had stayed one week already in Myrtle Beach at a beautiful condo. Our children and grandchildren were staying a few additional days at their condo at another location. They invited us to stay with them but we had our 50 lb dog with us that wasn't allowed at their particular condo. So I did a very rapid search on my smartphone for a hotel that allowed pets and had an availability since it was Myrtle Beach's fall bike rally and things were pretty filled up. La Quinta Inn in North Myrtle Beach was the closest to our children and had 2 rooms available and allowed pets without charging a pet fee. My husband booked us a room and they gave him his government discount so we ended up paying $98 for two nights.

Check in is at 3 pm but we arrived early, at 1 pm. We did not really expect to be able to check in that early but figured we'd ask since we were waiting around. They had one room on the first floor, right near an outside door with 2 queen beds that was available right away. We went to the room and it was odorless, fairly clean (definitely not spotless) and had the convenience of the door to the outside (to walk the dog) right next to our room. I did get a bit of a creepy feeling when I saw our outside door handle, which looked like someone had picked away at it with a screwdriver or some other sharp object. The only things missing in the room that were of importance to us was a small refrigerator and microwave. So I asked my husband if he'd run to the front desk and ask if they even had any rooms that provided these things.

Within five minutes my husband had another room key (at no extra charge) and we were up on the second floor in a room with a king sized bed, small loveseat, pull-out couch, a desk & chair and a small beat up, dorm room style fridge and a very old, small microwave sitting on top of it. They were old and I needed to clean the mold spots out of the fridge, but it was what I asked for on such short notice and it would do for 2 days. The room did have a weird odor to it but I figured once we turned the A/C on that it would go away. It unfortunately did not. My husband didn't notice the odor but I am very sensitive to odors and could smell it every time we entered that room. The bathroom floor was a bit tacky and there was a small coffee maker in the bathroom that had some small, broken pieces of glass behind it. They provided some complimentary coffee and sugar and powdered creamer. We had free internet connection for our lap top which was a pleasant surprise and about 34 or more channels on the TV. Several of the TV channels we were watching kept freezing up and we'd have to change the channel. There is no DVD player or VCR, just a basic older model TV.

Since we had our dog with us, we always took him down the stairwell to go outside versus the elevator. I found that the stairwell was always warm and always smelled of dogs, there was dog food tracked on some of the stairs and of course dog hair. When pets are allowed these things are to be expected and not every pet owner is necessarily tidy with their pet. The hotel housekeeping obviously wasn't keeping on top of cleaning the stairs.

The location of the hotel is directly behind the Quality Inn and next door to the K & W cafeteria. Parking was crowded but we always found a spot considering it was fall bike week and there was a bull-dog show/convention in town and the hotel was full of bull-dog owners and their dogs. The outdoor swimming pool is nothing fancy, a standard built-in pool with a fence around it and a small patio table and several lounge chairs. I saw one woman out there the whole time we were there. The area is full of restaurants and activities for children. It's a short ride to the beach. They provide a complimentary breakfast from 6-9 a.m. which we never made it to since we prefered to sleep in since we went to bed so late every night we were there. Check out is at noon.

If you don't mind a basic, older, inexpensive hotel room,which in my opinion is not immaculately cleaned and allows pets without a pet fee, then this would work for you. I would bring some air freshener and some lysol wipes or spray cleaners when staying here just in case you get the same housekeeper we did. The staff was always pleasant when dealing with and for a last minute stay it was doable.

Room Tip: Be aware that they allow pets, so if you have anyone with allergies or a fear of pets then stay away...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
north carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had to stay at this hotel since my clients put me up here. Client said it was difficult for them to get a decent rate. They booked with Travelocity. Beware if you book through Travelocity and Priceline, you have to give them a credit card for "damages" such as smoking in the room, etc. etc.
This hotel is located directly behind the Quality Inn on US 17 N and you can access it on Old 17 behind the hotel. My room was a king room no fridge and microwave. The Wifi was very good but they do not have a business center there at all or an exercise room. This place is ok if you are a pet owner with large animals.
I walked into the hotel at 4 am one morning after working late and I was not happy with the fact that I did not see a clerk at the desk and the front door was not locked at night. It made me feel slightly uncomfortable. The clerks did not seem to know what was good restaurant for a late breakfast that was not a big chain. I mentioned one local place to them and they remembered it. That place is Hot Stacks Pancake house. Great filling breakfast for reasonable and they have whole grain pancakes there, YAY!
I have to say that LaQuinta brand does not impress me since they are very inconsistant.
Only stay here if you are traveling with animals.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed with you this past weekend as the price and location were perfect. Well, my grandmother always said "You get what you pay for". she was correct. The room is very spacious and the bed was great. That is basically what we needed. As had been commented on in numerous reviews, the hallways have a very old and worn out carpeting. It would help if it were vacuumed but it is still old. The young lady on Saturday morning was wonderful and very accommodating. She is trying to provide perfect customer service for a hotel that otherwise will not assist her in this. The complimentary breakfast is also where I saw comments of poor ratings. They were correct. Cereal but no milk, no decaf, no waffle batter, 2 pieces of toast wrapped in plastic was all the bread offerings and the fruit had seen better days. In the middle of attempting to get something and no room to sit as it was very crowded with guest, another member of the staff came over and started picking things up and taking to the back, closing down breakfast while people were still getting things!!!! REALLY?? While people are standing there and the room is crowded. Can only feel that a limited amount of breakfast is offered and when it is done, IT"S DONE!!! Doesn't matter the occupancy of the hotel, the offering is slim and closed while guest are getting items....Not sure I will return to this LaQuinta location as there are several other hotels and motels in the same area, I counted and recorded 3 that we will inquire into rate and availability when in the area in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

First of all for what I payed I expected alot more! Service was horrible! The internet never worked, the shampoo in our bathroom was already used, there was installation blocking the stairway, while we were there someone else was complaining about black mold in their room, no shower pressure, no trashcans, the bottom of the pool scraped my hands all up (felt like glass), there was sand in my bed. I woke up coughing and felt really sick from what I can only guess was something from the hotel. My cab driver informed us that the only reason people go to the hotel is because it was pet friendly. It is by no means walking distance to the beach unless you like crossing over highways by foot. They lied about alot of stuff on their website regarding things having to do with the hotel and location. The staff was extremely rude! Very disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Me and my new husband came to the beach for our honey moon we stayed at La Quinta Inn in North Myrtle Beach. I stayed in the king suite, I was excited when i saw there was a jaquzzie. The service at the front desk was wonderful the rooms very clean and welcoming. The breakfast was yummy and fast. I definetly stay there agian.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn North Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!