“Great way to spend afternoon. Nice to get away from crowds.” 5 of 5 stars

843-249-2989
Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
Virginia
“Great way to spend afternoon. Nice to get away from crowds.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We chose Inlet Point for one simple reason. This is the only place to ride horses and UTVs on the beach during tourist season. There are others that ride trails but we have those in Virginia. We wanted beach and weren't disapointed. Inlet Point is situated on an island and the beach is completely empty. It was a nice change from Myrtle.

We chose to do the whole experience which consisted of the horseride and a UTV ride. My wife has always wanted to horseride on the beach and she loved it. The horses are in great shape and are well mannered. They even had one large enough for me at 210 lbs. We rode on miles of trails and a good 1/2 hour on the beach. I was sore but I'm not a regular rider.

The UTV tour was great. They are currently using Polaris Ranger UTVs and ours was nearly new. We drove ourselves and loosly followed the guide. They allow you to drive as fast as you like and we hit a dozen or so mud holes and dunes. These are not golf cart trails. You will need the 4x4 many times. The ride on the beach was great. These things will hit 40+ on the hard sand. The beach has a ton of shells and we did not see a single person. My wife found some nice sand dollars.

The photographer takes pictures of both the horseride and the UTV ride. We bought a disc with pictures. There were hundreds of shots and good quality.

We will probably go back every year. It seems expensive but for a whole afternoon of fun you can't beat it. Where else can you drive a UTV wide open on the shore? It is a decent drive from Myrtle but its worth it to get away.

Visited May 2011

Baltimore, Maryland
“Fun and relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I decided to add a beach ride to our trip itinerary and it ended up being the best part of the whole trip. The pros: The affordability, the tour guide (Jason, wicked cool guy!), the kind staff, the clean, well-kept stables, the kind nature of the horses and the scenery. The cons: The photos you can purchase of your ride are EXPENSIVE! I think they border on "rip-off." I paid $91 (and I have no idea why I bothered) for 4 pictures sent to me via email. Ouch. Also, my horse Star, although sweet, was a little less than "sure-footed." She kept tripping in the sand, but luckily I had a lot of riding experience.

Overall, loads of fun and we'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Visited July 2011
Chardon, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Customer service done right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We arrived to ride and there had been a mix-up regarding the ride we signed up for which was disappointing,HOWEVER,Mark was very apologetic and went above and beyond to make it right. What could have been a sour experience turned into a fantastic day for myself and my 14yr old daughter.We are experienced riders and enjoyed setting the pace with our charming guide Mallory. Our horses were pleasant mounts and the ride goes through different beautiful areas before the beach.The facility is clean and well-maintained as well as the care of the horses.If it wasn't for the price(costly but the only place for a beach ride in season),I'd go everytime we visit.

Oxford, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
“A Dream Come True”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Horseback riding on the beach has been on my "bucket list" since I was young. There are very few places in the US that you are allowed to ride on the beach nowadays. Inlet Point Plantation has a BEAUTIFUL private beach where you get to ride. They take pictures while you're out there. The guides were very friendly & attentive. I would highly recommend the 2 hour beach ride! You will not be dissapointed! It was one of the most amazing thing I have ever done!!!

Greer, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“WOW!! Memories made to last a lifetime, awesome! You need to do it!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Our choice for our vacation destination was based on riding horses on the beach. We found Inlet Point on the internet and after reading reviews from experienced riders thought it would be a good place for us beginners, boy were we right! We went on the 2 hour beach ride and are glad we did, it was so much fun it did not feel like 2 hours! The kids could have rode all day!!!! The horses were energetic and gentle and very easy to control. Our guide, Katie was friendly and matched the ride to our skill level and comfort. The scenery was beautiful! From the woods to the private beach. The beach was awesome we were the only ones there for as far as the eyes could see, our horses seemed to enjoy tromping and splashing through the surf as much as our kids did!
The crew at Inlet Point Plantation were great they made us feel comfortable and welcome from the time we entered the door. It was nice to see such a beautiful stable and lots of horses! The photos they took of us on the beach were great! And ice cream at the end of the ride! That sealed the deal!!! ;-) We will be telling all of our friends and probably some strangers too to visit Inlet Point! And when they say arrive 20 minutes early you need it, The GPS/map ends where their plantation starts and it is a loooong windy ride through the forest until you arrive at the stables. This was definitely worth the price there is not a rollercoaster or waterslide that comes close to the thrill of riding a horse on the beach! Theme parks come and go but we will remember this vacation forever. Thank you Inlet Point Plantation!