Message from TripAdvisor:

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 South Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“These memories will last forever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

Just got back last night and I am ready to book my trip for next year! We had a 3br room on the 10th floor of middle tower. Everything was fantastic! My 5 year old is mad we made him come home! We all spent the entire day going between the numerous pools and hot tubs and the beach. I was perfectly happy staying at the resort for days on end though I did venture out to see Broadway on the beach and Barefoot landing. I must admit, though, that I did notice a lot of sand in the pool. My friend stayed down the street at Sea Watch and we did not see one bit of sand and I think that pool was much more crowded than Baywatch's. Extremely comfortable from the minute we pulled up to the door. We were tired after a 12 hour car ride but Brett the porter unloaded our fully cramed bed of our Dodge Ram within minutes and had us in our room. Within 20 minutes we were enjoying the pool which was so refreshing after a long drive. The lazy river could be a bit out of control as I was kicked several times by kids swimming under me but it all adds to the fun of the vacation I guess. I love that the beach is lit up at night. We spent every night on the beach until the wee hours. I actually got to enjoy a book at midnight under a meteor shower thanks to the lights provided by Baywatch. I realize that some of our family's best memories were made on this vacation at Baywatch and this trip will always bring a smile to my face.
Thanks Baywatch!

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

We were all very disappointed in our 3 bedroom condo on the 3rd floor of Tower 3. We checked in and went to the condo and it was not cleaned. It was a filthy mess. We had to keep calling our realty company to see when and why it had not been cleaned. They kept telling us that check in was between 3 and 7. It wasn't until after 7pm that our room was finally cleaned. It probably would have never been cleaned if we didn't keep calling. The tile throughout the condo was abolutely horrendous. It was so dirty. I don't think the cleaning people ever clean the floors. When they finally did come to clean our room, they did not even mop or dissenfect the floor. When the cleaning people left, they turned the dishwasher on. Water from the dishwasher came pouring out onto the floor. We again called the realty company and reported the problem. Maintenance never showed up the entire week to take a look at the dishwasher. THe chairs in our family room were filthy and stained. I think the problem is booking the condo through the realty company instead of the hotel itself. It seems those people who have a condo booked through the hotel get much better service. I actually feel sorry for the owner of the condo we were in. I'm wondering if they know what kind of cleaning/maintenance service they have. Wonder when the last time was that they came to visit their investment. The inside hallway from the elevator to the pools was disgusting. It smelled so mildewy and dirty. The pools, outside bar and beach were nice but that was enough to bring me back to this place. This is the fourth time we've stayed in Myrtle Beach and never had such terrible accomodations. I've heard that you can get ratings on your accomodation. We will make sure to check into that and get the A rating rooms so we are not disappointed again.

• Stayed July 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2005

We booked our week stay at Baywatch with Condolux. We had an eight hour drive only to arrive and be sent to the condolux office. When we go there they said in our conformation papers it said to check in there instead of Baywatch. We recieved no conformation papers and tried calling several times the week before vacation, but our calls were not returned. When we returned the key would not work. They staff at Baywatch was rude and not willing to help. We had toted all of our own luggage to the 19th floor because they will not let you use a cart. Ploy to get tips for the bellhop. Now we stand outside the room with small children and luggage unable to enter the room. Went back to condolux. Said they would send someone as soon as possibe but were very busy. About an hour later someone showed up with a crowbar. Luckily we had already found a way in. Baywatch its self was okay. The rooms were small and could have been a bit nicer for the price. The pools are a lot of fun for the kids and the beach was great. When the tide would go out it would leave pools of water on the beach for the kids to play in. We ran out of everything. Soap, trash bags, toliet paper, clean towels, ect. Condolux did not replinish any of those things and Baywatch will not even acknowledge you if you didn't rent directly from them. (They were very rude). The room did not have an iron or ironing board. Called condolux and they said it was a fire hazard. How many places have you stayed that didn't provide and iron. Had to go buy one. I have mixed feeling about going back, but I know that I will never rent from condolux again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

We will never stay at Bay Watch again. Dirty rooms, impolite staff, and a very rude manager. The place needs a lot of improvements, including personnel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

This USED to be a great place but this year was very disappointing. The service is nearly non-existent at this place which adds insult to injury since you are paying a high "resort fee". We had to phone at least 5 times a day for various things missing in the room such as towels, kitchen supplies, etc. Also, the air conditioner broke down and they told us it would take 2 days to fix!
The worst part is the hightly annoying outdoor bar they now have. It's like having a boom box on high volume on your balcony with terrible music and you can't turn it off! If I was to hear "margaritaville" one more time I was going to throw up! Plus all the screaming off the balcony and drinking really creates a Spring Break feeling. Certainly not a friendly family place.

Stayed July 2005
alexandria, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

My faimly goes to myrtle beach every year. We usually go for a week and rent a condo but we were only passing through this time and we found baywatch. We stayed for four nights in a nicely sized two bedroom. Both of our rooms had a balcony so everyone was able to fall asleep to the waves crashing on the beach. The room was clean and the staff was nice. The pools were always crowded but they were nice pools. I like how they had a pool for kids my 3 year old niece spent most of the time in that pool. I also enjoyed the lazy river. There was ice cream and smoothies for the kids which was nice. The beach was great. Its at the end so there are no other resorts to the right so its almost like a private beach. We loved the full kitchen. Its close to great shoping at barefoot landing and check out the house of blues for great concerts go ahead of time for dinner and get in early, outlets by the super walmart and there are beach shops on every corner alwasy going out of business. I would defenitely recommend for everyone especially families. We are going back this year.

• Stayed September 2004
Cold Water, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

Our 4th time in MB. 1st time in Baywatch- 3 nites in Tower III on 15th floor, awesome OF view, had a one BR that can actually sleeps 8 (there were 5 of us). Requested & received early checkin! unit was larger than exected, w/kitchen, utensils, pots & pans, (no dishwasher or sponge /detergent). Housekeeping is not v. good, did not leave amenities for us, I had to hunt them down to get some. Carts are only avail via Bellman. pool towels avail in front desk. Indoor pools were steaming hot and didn't look very clean. Outdoor pools & lazy river were awesome! My kids spent solid 6 hrs in them daily, and the rest-in the ocean body surfing. Rent the bikes on beach ($7/hr), great fun. Italian ices were on beach & pool area ($3.50 for 3 scoops). Beach is lited at nite. and DJ/nitely entertainment could be heard from our balcony! Walk to parasailing $75 for 2 & banana boat rides (on the beach). Loved the area to right of hotel (the abandon hotels?) - hardly anyone there - like having a PRIVATE beach WITH a lifeguard! several tide pools for my 3 yr old at low tides! even tho fireworks not permitted, saw many from our balcony. Looking forward to staying there again. Beware, 4% facilities charge + $2 safekeeping automatic added to bill.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!