“overall, a very nice trip” 4 of 5 stars

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 South Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Hotel deals
Blowing Rock, North Carolina, United States
“overall, a very nice trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I came for the scrapbooking retreat and stayed a couple of extra days to do some dancing at SOS. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the noise from being on the 19th floor. Plumbing created constant crashing noises and the wind sounded like an army of firetrucks was parked outside. I do feel like I got a great value for my dollar and would stay here again but will probably request not to be on the 19th floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

After returning from the beach, my wife and I decided to go for a ride on the motorcycle, that is when we discovered both set of keys were missing. We search the entire room several times and did not find the keys. It was then that I went down to the front desk to inquire if anyone had turned in any keys, the answer was no. We went back upstairs and again searched for the keys with no luck. Several inquires were made to the front desk about the keys. Our first thought was, perhaps the keys were picked up by accident by maid service. Then we thought the keys were vindictively picked up because we had complained about the lateness of the cleaning service the day before. Our other concerning thought; the keys were taken in an effort to steal my vehicles. It was at that point, I decided we needed to leave, to cut our stay short and check out. My advice to you, lock up all your valuables in the safe when you leave the room.

It was only because we had an extra set of keys that we were able to leave. If not for the extra set, the consequences would have been greater. While we did not personally witness anyone taking my keys, my wife and I are certain the keys were stolen from the room as your premises was our only location after returning from dinner the night before.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your opinion is extremely valuable to us. We regret that your stay was not what you expected. Please know that the issues you mention have been addressed. We do hope you'll stay with us again in the near future, allowing us to provide you with a better experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The first time we stayed at this hotel in 2009, we loved it. We were in the middle building where the main lobby is located. We had superb service, housekeeping was wonderful even going beyond our expectations (e.g., putting our dirty dishes into the dishwasher). We truly enjoyed our stay. Even had a washer and dryer in our room. However, during this same trip, my brother was in the north building and didn’t like his stay – and his comments from back then came back to haunt us. Fast forward to 2013. Our room was now in the north building – I can see why my brother didn’t like it. The outside door to the building says to keep door closed at all times (you access the building using your key). Door lock must be broken because door is never locked, no need to use key. Hotel states there is security 24/7, never saw security in our building. Heck, don’t think I ever saw security period. Elevators in north building were fast, when they were working. One or more of them were constantly out of order. I even got stuck in one which was not pleasant at all. Talk about a panic attack. The first night there, I went to take a shower, the tub was full of long black hair and dirt– not ours – thankfully I had some Lysol wipes and was able to clean the tub but really?? I was grossed out but stuff happens. The bathroom door – inside and out, had something spilled on it – how can housekeeping miss that? That I did not clean. The chairs out on the balcony looked filthy black. We took Lysol wipes to those too but the dirt wouldn’t come off. Are you kidding me? You have at least 2 chairs on each balcony, you can’t tell me you can’t get a good deal to replace them. I have better chairs at home and they cost me $5 each. Let me know if we need to send you where we got ours. Never once during our stay did we get housekeeping. The front desk told us we would have it every day. Hmmmm, they knocked one morning after we complained several times and before my husband could put his shirt on – they disappeared. My husband ran down the hall and found housekeeping and asked if they just knocked on our door – they replied yes. I am serious, we were just waking up at the time of the knock, my husband immediately got out of bed and grabbed a shirt, went to the door and they were gone. She even tried to tell my husband that she put her key in the door but since it was dead bolted, she couldn’t gain access. There is no way she could have done that, it would have taken too much time and we would have opened the door by then. But even so, my husband had already taken the garbage out the night before and got us new towels, so we really didn’t need her then. Then another day, we told the hotel we would be gone all afternoon, to please send housekeeping since our room had never been cleaned. Came back, garbage and dirty towels still sitting there. Every night my husband had to take the garbage out. Every night we were either calling the front desk or at the front desk asking for clean towels (and no, we were not fortunate enough to have a washer and dryer in our room). And yes, we were reusing our towels but we also two of our children with us. When questioning the front desk about this, they would look up our account and reply to us that we ordered our room through Orbitz. I don’t know how many times we heard that, it was annoying. And what does that have to do with housekeeping? And for the record, we did not order our room through Orbitz, or Expedia. We went through our credit card company. But I guess if you do order through Orbitz (or a third party), buyer beware because you get treated like a third rate citizen. We were told several times that Management would be in touch with us to discuss the matter – never happened. Upon checkout, we were told we would receive a survey and that we needed to document our stay so that things could be addressed – never happened. Then on our last stay, we rode up the elevator with two other families. All mentioned being disappointed with this stay and mentioned they would not be returning. My only advice is if you are considering staying at this property – DON’T. I don’t know about you but when I go on vacation, I am trying to get away from stress, not add to it. Just as a side note, my family isn’t into 5 star resorts, we can’t afford them. We have stayed at other properties where reviews were extremely questionable, but yet we have enjoyed those properties. Check out my reviews on the Grand Seas in Daytona Beach. We love that place. Is it the 5 star they claim – no, maybe a two star. But at least we know what we are getting into. Oh and one last thing, it's now been 2 weeks exactly since we got home from our trip - we have yet to hear from the manager.

Room Tip: If the middle tower is as great as it was in 2009 -that's the only tower I would stay in. But t...
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at Bay Watch for a scrapbook retreat. The conference rooms are comfortable with a big balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. The room was clean and the coffeemaker and refrigerator were helpful. We used a murphy bed and pull-out couch for sleeping along with the bedroom and they were more comfortable than expected.

Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Bay Watch resort location and facilities are excellent. The staff is great - friendly and professional.

This was a business meeting. It is a great conference center. I shall return for vacation and recommend this property to friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Grand Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

It was beautiful right on the beach. Close to many attractions. The pools were awesome just wish I had some kids to enjoy them. The room was clean and bright well decorated. The bed was very comfortable ...king size. It was nice to have a small kitchen. The shopping was great with Tanger Outlet near by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Indian Land, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We mostly use BW for out of season stays, due to the indoor water amenities and in resort dinner options. Staff is always very nice and location is clutch to local restaurants. Rates are always very competitive and really don't mind the blvd views. Out of the several trips we make to the beach each year, we have stayed here the most of any resort (winter stays). When we come down it is cold out and we don't want to freeze going to car or restaurant so we stay here so we can just park and enjoy the resort. Once you figure out what tower of the 3 you are in you are golden. Each tower offers different indoor water features and the outdoor has spas as well. We have stayed In peak season and we have no complaints about that either. A must stay if you are reading this review. You will not be disappointed....

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!