“Very good choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 South Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 7 Nights, Pay for 4!
OHIO
“Very good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Very happy with our stay. Clean, good pools (lots but could be a little bigger for the crowds), right on beach, beach lighted at night and was awesome and fun, 2 bedroom (category DB) was nice size for 8 + infant, and plenty of attractions near by. Only complaint called to check prices and was quoted a price for same room for $300 less and was told rate was a special for sun - wed and I stated that I was just checking until I could confirm everything with the rest of the travelers and would have to call back tomorrow to book. When I called back the next day (less than 24 hrs later), POOF the rate was gone. Felt like a bait and switch, wanted to go to the beach, so I paid the higher price. Women claimed no specials and I needed the 1st women's name or special name to get the price. If that info is required to HONOR a quoted price, then that information should be given because i asked if I should ask for her when I called back and was told anyone would be able to help me. The price should be the price. Will check other properties in the area if this would happen again Otherwise, a very good choice, just disappointed in pricing policies.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I planned this vac for my kids as a graduation gift and at the same time a family vacation. My son graduated from college and my daughter from high school this year and I though this was the perfect gift. Everything was great, we spent our vacation very well here. One of the best experiences we've had. It was fantastic and unforgettable. spacious room, had enough bed for my family of 6. Everything was clean and well set up. Staff were nice and helpful including Housekeepers. Hotel is right on the beach with plenty of access. Stores and restaurant are near the Hotel and all other activities like banana boat and Parasailing. Love the lazy river, pools and everything. parking is good and safe. Love the three towers way.

Room Tip: Love the oceanfront Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was ok, the front desk staff was minimal but helpful. As with any hotel shop the prices were steep but they had all the things I forgot to pack. The location was amazing, right on the beach and close to everything, shopping and great food included. The room was spacious and had a huge tub. The balcony was private and had a great view. One of the beds was broken and my husband kept cutting his leg on it. The hot tubs were disgusting they had a slimey type film on them and smelled like mold and rotting something. I did like that there was a bar outside and the prices were acceptable. The restaurant in the hotel was pricey and didn't offer much. I might stay at this hotel again as long as the hot tubs are cleaned up and the beds are fixed. I don't want my husband to end up in the hospital again with another infection.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We planned a trip at the last minute. I called the hotel directly, and I was able to get a one bedroom unit in tower 1. I booked directly through the hotel, which, in my opinion, is preferable to booking with Elliot Realty. This was our third visit to Baywatch. I have now stayed in all three towers, and the accommodations were adequate. In all three instances, I felt the rooms could have been cleaner and the furniture more updated, but it was nothing too bad and I will likely stay again. For example, the paint appeared chipped in several places in our unit, and the floors could have been cleaner. Also, the elevators could needed painted. However, the elevators and lobby were clean, and I saw a lady working on them several times during our visit. The
kitchen was ok. Bedroom was good, beds were comfortable enough. We do really love the pool area, and beach access could not be simpler. Parking is okay, but the garage is cramped. We used valet parking this time, which was worth the extra money. We never waited longer than 5 minutes for our car. This time, the pool area bathrooms were very clean as well. The service was excellent, which is the reason we will probably return. Fran at the front desk (I believe she is a manager) was extremely kind and helpful. Every single employee we encountered was cheerful and helpful. The location is very good as well. Overall a very good experience, though not luxurious. We will likely return and would recommend this property.

Glenville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent place to stay for the price. It was clean and well kept. I will stay here again. They have a wonderful staff, and the rooms are delightful. Also, the beach itself was clean, something I appreciate. Obviously, there will be some refuse here and there, but I was far happier to see a beach that wasn't strewn with litter, as I experienced at another so called "resort" in south Myrtle.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

FIrst of all let me say that we came down on a promotion through Wyndham...NEVER AGAIN!!!!! We were supposed to be getting a condo (didn't happen) With two kids and groceries we were stuck in a two bedroom standard room which smelled and was dirty. Oh yeah and when you sat on the bed it sqeaked loudly. THe hotel moved us to another room which was more of the same. We go back down to the front desk for them to tell us that those rooms arent theirs and that we needed to call Wyndham (who were less than helpful). Finally, the lady at the front desk was able to give us a room for two nights only (condo) but then we would have to be out that morning and back to a standard room. The condo was better but not by much. I will say that the bed in the condo was fantastic. The front desk staff are as helpful as can be. The bellmen were also helpful. Agree with other reviews about the pool that they were clean and well maintained. However, no one patrolling them like the signs say. Ignorant people reserved chairs all day with towels even though the signs say that the towels would be removed if left unattended. They werent. Lots of kids unattended (parents fault, not the hotel) Jumped on a few times in the pool, hit with footballs...All in all, terrible trip. Don't ever go down on a Wyndham promotion (they don't use their own facilities and then are suprised when the place isn't nice) - then fake like they care. Caution with using this hotel. If you expect clean up to date rooms, this isn't the place for you. Never again!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your opinion is extremely important to us. Please be assured that any issues you mention have been addressed accordingly. We do hope you'll visit with us again soon, allowing us to provide you with an even better experience, on which we pride ourselves.
Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great resort -Bay Watch
Clean facility, clean beach, clean pool, good rooms and nice amenities
Bad- no shuttle service from airport to hotel

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!