First, I want to be clear in that the negative part of our experience here really was not the fault of the hotel. It was a rollercoaster of a day, though. We had spent the previous week in North Myrtle Beach at a rental house. On our last day, we decided we really didn't want to go home yet, and set off to find a hotel room for one night. Two hours later, after a trip all through North Myrtle and Myrtle Beach proper, as well as an internet search of the coast, and many phone calls, we realized finding a hotel room in the third week of July was basically impossible. We called Bay Watch, who told us that they had no available rooms. My husband asked the lady, Paula or Pauline, to please call him if they had any cancellation, and we didn't really expect anything to come of it. Ten minutes later, she called us to let us know they had one room come available. Not only that, but she held the room for us for over an hour until we could get there through the traffic.
We showed up at the Hotel at 12 pm, well before check in, but they let us go ahead and have our keys anyway. In the unloading zone, we were assisted by the most awesome, energetic bellman ever. David was so polite, efficient, and helpful. We got to our room, and being that it was well before the 4 pm check in time, we realized that housekeeping had not made it there yet. Side note: People are nasty! There was vomit in the sink and a tampon on the chair! My kids have not yet shut up about the tampon room. Dabid helped us load our luggage into the closet, and advised us to go out to eat and he would have it cleaned immediately. When we got back, housekeeping was just finishing up in our room. We looked at the closet and our luggage was gone! I had a mini panic attack, and called the front desk, to be notified that they had moved us to a better room but couldn't get ahold of us to tell us. David had come in and moved all of our luggage to another room on another floor. It was clean, and lovely.
The rest of our stay was great. The kids loved all the pools, but we did not get a chance to check out any of the bars, restaurants, or activities. All in all, I would recommend this hotel. The staff was incredibly nice, went out of their way to help us at every turn, and the hotel is clean and well maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of North Myrtle Beach with more than 600 feet of pristine beach front, our resort features studio, one-, two-, three bedroom condominiums. This full service retreat offers onsite amenities such as oceanfront restaurant; beach & sports bar; oceanfront conference space; indoor/outdoor pools; lazy rivers; kiddie pools; fitness center; wireless internet and gift shop. We can accommodate groups of any size including: golf, wedding parties, sweet sixteen and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Watch Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Bay Watch Hotel Oceana
- Bay Watch Myrtle Beach
- Bay Watch Resort Myrtle Beach
- Baywatch Myrtle Beach
- Baywatch Beach Myrtle North Resort
- Baywatch Resort Myrtle Beach