“Girls Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 South Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 30% off weeknights!
Raleigh
“Girls Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The best part of this hotel is the view. It is right on the ocean and the view is amazing. We were there in October and the rates were low due to the season. However, if I paid full, premium price, I would be disappointed. We stayed in a 2 bedroom room with a kitchen and living. The space was adequate, but the walls and furniture felt old and worn. I would stay again for the view, but only if the rates were discounted. Due to the weather, we didn't use the pools, but they looked great. The staff was fine. I commented at check out that our room was very noisy due to being so close to the stairway, but received no explanation or apology. The wind traveled through the stairwell and made a LOUD howling noise. My friend who slept in the bedroom close to the door heard it all night. The front staff appeared to have heard ths before and perhaps that was the reason for the indifference. We had a fantastic time and would stay again if the price was right.

Room Tip: Stay towards the middle of the hotel to avoid the howling stairwells.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

1,542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Oak Ridge, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed there 5 times so far this year. Rooms are very clean and set up for a long stay with everything you need, resturants, grill and a poolside bar on site for Adults and indoor and outdoor pools for the kids.I will continue to stay there, very nice Resort.

Room Tip: Tower #3 I believe is the best closer to parking deck. Any Corner unit with a Ocean View,not ocean v...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Very impressive and well managed. The staff were always so helpful and pleasant . The room was a great size and the easy access to so many things was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed the Blue Room restaurant and had Saturday dinner and breakfast, what a great buy for the money. Food was great as well as service. Can't wait to stay again!!

• Stayed October 2012
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had my very first SC Myrtle Beach Scrapbook weekend retreat at this location I must add that the staff went over and beyond the call of duty. The meeting room was not ready upon arrival as agreed but when the staff realized it they all pitched in and had it up and running in less than 2 hrs.
The rooms are amazing..I had a single room to myself and felt so selfish to waste all the beautiful views. Everything was perfect I cannot say one negative thing at all...well my bed was not the most comfortable

The staff was wonderful for my North Carolina Scrapbook Retreat..I did not go unnoticed at all no matter the need it was taken care of 100%.

I had a 4 day scrapbook weekend retreat for my Myrtle Beach event and was amazing!

I only had a issue with my uncomfortable bed (hard) and pillow was too flat or one was too stiff but can't complain.

Pools were all open and beautiful we came during SANDY the hurricane too...:) no problems at all except sandy is trying to make me stay an extra night to avoid traveling in the way of Sandy!

:Loved the views from our meeting room and our hotel room was amazing!
www.northcarolinascrapbookretreats.com

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here off season and it was cheap and not crowded at all. The room was very big and tastefully decorated. The balcony provided a great view of the ocean from the seventeenth floor. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Martinez, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I visited the Baw Watch Resort Oct 19, 2012- Oct 22,2012 with my 18 yeard old daughter and 3 year old son. The view from the balcony was amazing and I have some amazing pictures from the pool area. The inside pool was closed during most of our visit but we weren't planning to use it anyway. I will visit again as soon as I can! The negatives were the door had to be slammed to latch and on our second night there was an awful noise that sounded like an aircraft landing. It took me a mintue at 3am to figure out it was the wind coming in our door! I slammed it extra hard the third night and did not hear it. I would have loved room service but there wasn't any.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently returned from an annual stay there without my golf equipment. It was stolen out of a locked vehicle. This place has ABSOLUTELY no security. There was a key entry garage in previous years but no more. And the "kidker" is they don't tell you at the front desk when you check in.....Again GOLFERS BEWARE!!!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!