“A really nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 South Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 7 Nights, Pay for 4!
McDonough, Georgia
“A really nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

The staff went above and beyond to accomodate us they were extremely friendly. The only suggestion i would make is we have stayed in other places in tennessee and the beds were very firm at the baywatch which i personally dont like I would recommend a sealy posterpedic pillow top matress The phones in the room we stayed had alot of crackling noise and it was difficult to talk to anyone at the front desk theysaid they had a hard time hearing and relaying my message,The Spa experience was an added bonus it was wonderful. The blue room cafe was exceptional and worth the money we stayed off season and wished it was open more during the week at night so we could have patronaged it more. We ate at the sandtrap as well during the other times and can see why during the summer when you dont want to eat a large meal that would be a great place to eat it just wouldnt be the normal experience for small children being a bar. but the food was very good. Internet in our room was terrible as well. other wise we would have ranked you exceptional !!

Room Tip: I liked the corner room for the private balcony in the bed room however i would choose tower 3 outsi...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Lillington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

The room was clean and was the perfect size. We stayed in the one bedroom King Suite. This is my second time staying here, and I would definitely stay again. The room was at a Great price, too!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on a higher floor both times I stayed here. No problems experienced.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011 via mobile

Beds are not comfortable but pools are good. Overall worth considering.

• Stayed August 2011
red hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had a group of 10 golfers who stayed and everyone enjoyed their time immensely. The staff was very accomdating from booking the trip, some last minute cancellations, to the front desk. Was especially pleased with the staff at both the cafe and sports bars. They were very nice, attentitive, and throughly enjoyable to be around. The accomodations were great, clean, and well laid out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Elkin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is by far one of the nicest hotels i've stayed in! I never had any problems with the hotel . It is close to plenty of attractions ,the room was huge and offered every thing we needed! By the way this was my second trip of the year at this hotel the first i shared with my whole family and this is why i will be using the baywatch for many more of my future beach trips to come!Nice rooms Great staff and most of all a beautiful view !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Started going to myrtle beach last year and had a great time !! Bay Watch was our first resort to stay at and we loved it great for teens and great for the adults !!!! This year we returned and had a better time although hurricane Irene hit us they managed the property very well and made us feel very safe !!!!! Power went out once or twice but came back on and security was there to assist us no problems was a little scared as we had never experienced a hurricane on the shore before as we live in MD inland and dont get the same effects as the eastern shore so it was a little scary !!! Trip ended well and sunny days preceded the awful weather!!!! Great place for week or two vacation and cheaper than our beach resorts in Ocean City MD will return again next year and every year there after !!!! Love the Myrtle Beach SC !!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Morrisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I booked a 4 night stay at Bay Watch for our first family get-together in North Myrtle Beach. We were pleased to see that the facility was nicely decorated, the public areas of the property were clean and orderly. There were fun things to do there (pools/lazy rivers/karaoke), and we loved the view from our balcony.

I am not a big complainer, and I am not trying to take a nasty shot at Bay Watch; however, this is our experience during our stay there. Soon after checkin to 1709, we couldn't open the sliding glass door from the master bedroom to the balcony (kudos to maintenance for fixing this problem quickly). The dishwasher backed up into the sink when we ran it, and the garbage disposal made an unbelievably loud grinding sound when we turned in on; the maintenance guy said it could not be fixed right away. We got a rude awakening early Friday morning at 2 a.m. when the fire alarm went off in our suite, and we were bewildered as to why (no, we didn't have the balcony door open). We called the front desk; Security came up to help us stop the racket by pulling the fire alarm units off the wall and removing the batteries. Later that morning downstairs at the pool, we could hear at least two other units (obviously not occupied) with the fire alarms sounding.

The biggest concern for all of us was the mysterious bug bites. Our first morning there, I woke up with a large, painful, red, pus-filled bug bite on my forearm; Friday morning, there were more than 10 bug bites on my back/left side. These bites resembled the one on my forearm. My mother and mother-in-law were also bitten, though thiers weren't as reactive as mine. As we were talking Saturday night in our suite, we noticed a small reddish-brown bug crawling on the sofa. My mother-in-law thought it was a baby cockroach and promptly squashed it with a tissue. Sunday morning before checkout, my mom noticed a similar bug crawling on the sleeper sofa sheet (where she had been sleeping); when she squashed it, she said the bug was full of what looked like blood. When we got home, I researched the subject of bedbugs online and promptly phoned the manager at Bay Watch, and told her of our experience. Her only question was: "why didn't you tell us this when you checked out?" Well, it's because I wasn't sure, and didn't want to cause a scene.

I only hope I have done what I can to avoid an infestation here at home, and my mother-in-law can forgive me over this experience!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, General Manager at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you on the phone. I am sorry to hear of the challenges we faced while you were here. We take bed bugs very seriously. Our staff has been thoroughly trained in prevention and detection of bed bugs. Each housekeeping manager is recertified every 6 months and each staff member re-trained every 6 months. Even though we can not guarantee that we will never have bed bugs, as nobody can, we feel that our trained staff is the key to prevention and we can assure you that your well being is of our utmost concern. We take all pest control issues very seriously and encourage guests to report any sightings while on property to give us an opportunity to expedite isolating and resolving them. I look forward to assisting you on a return visit this winter.

Best regards,

Sean Griffith

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!