“What the beach was meant to be!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Grove Manor

Cherry Grove Manor
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Cherry Grove Manor
You added Cherry Grove Manor to your Saves list
2104 North Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #39 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“What the beach was meant to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2005

I thought the days of warm, natural views and friendly homey atmosphere on the SC coast were gone forever until I happened into this charming old fashioned hotel last week. Locals from NC recommended that I check it out as a place to stay that would remind me of the old days on Cherry Grove Beach before the high rises took over. I was not disappointed. I watched the sun rise and set over the ocean from rocking chairs meticulously maintained on an ocean front deck, and relaxed in the pool looking across seagrass onto the perfect, uncrowded beach.
The staff was warm and friendly, and I'm going back this month!

Stayed September 2005

Couples
Solo
Business
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

We have been staying at the Cherry Grove Manor for years, and I'll be honest with you. It's not the Hilton. But, I have always found it clean, the staff polite and helpful and you can't beat the price for staying right on the beach. It is an older hotel, especially the annex, but I really don't have a problem with something being old as long as it's clean and in working order. Mostly families and older persons stay there and it's much calmer than anything I've found in Myrtle Beach, regardless of time of year. And several rooms and condos are located on the boulevard, but every time I've booked a room, they make it clear if it is boulevard or not. Long story short, I would very much recommend this hotel to anyone that is interested in staying in Cherry Grove and doesn't mind something that is older. If you are looking for a more 'upscale' resort type of room, then I would recommend staying elsewhere. As for me and my family, we love Cherry Grove Manor and will be going back there in Sept. Hope this helped...

• Stayed June 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

I, too, made reservations based on website pictures & info which made the hotel look cozy yet lovely. Unfortunately, I read the reviews too late & didn't want to believe the bad ones. We are among those who were very disappointed. In fact, after the first night I considered finding a new motel & forget about the money. Fortunately, we were booked for just three nights & decided we could handle it for that short amount of time. Our room was right on the highway which is not good with small children along - so check on location if you go there. The carpet was very dirty & I kept my sandals on at all times. The bathroom was very small which made it inconvenient for anywhere to hang bath towels let alone swimsuits, beach towels & bathroom paraphernalia for three adults & two children. When my daughter & I pulled out the hideaway bed the sheets on it had obviously been used. The blankets we got out of the closet to use looked dirty also. We used our beach towels that night & the next day bought a blanket at Wal-Mart to use the rest of the time. The people who work there are very friendly (we did not try to get money back, etc., we will not go back there though) Perhaps some rooms are nicer & cleaner than others. I wanted to believe the good reviews, but found the bad ones more accurate.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

We arrived on July 9th, check in wasn't untill 3:00 pm but the room was ready at 2:30pm. We had a great stay at this hotel!! It was very clean, the property is very well maintained and the staff was as friendly as can be. We will recommend this hotel to all our friends. We are all booked for next year in the same room. We had a great time.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2005

This motel was the worst motel I have ever stayed in. We found the hotel on the internet and from the images it looked like a nice place. This was far from our experience. The carpet was filthy. We had booked a non - smoking room and it smelled like we were staying in a ash tray (we had to wash all of our clothes and febreeze the luggage when we got home).

The bathroom was awful, the tile was dirty. We complained to the management upon arrival to possibly get another room but they were booked. The worst thing is that we had saved all year to go on this trip and to have to stay in room 123 was a diaster! We were screwed with no place to go. We were offered a free 4 night stay in the off season, when we checked out we asked to get that in writing, the clerk said that it was in the computer and she didn't need to write us a note. That probably worked out for the best because we are not planning on returning anyway, These people are not concerned with your stay! Save yourself and your family a big hassle and stay at another motel.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2005

A friend of mine told me about this place 2 years ago and I will never stay anywhere else in Myrtle Beach. I made my reservation for next year before we left.

Great Room. The suites are AWESOME. What a view of the ocean. The staff are great people. As we say in Virginia they are just good people.

This place is the place to stay in MB regardless of what the other people have said.

We have 4 kids and pool and ocean access make it perfect for them to play in the pool while we do whatever in the suite or on the balcony.

See you there next Bike Week.

This hotel is very biker friendly.

• Stayed May 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2005

I just love this place. The room was wonderful and the prices were great.
Our housekeeper was amazing.
We loved to sit on our ocean front balcony and watch the water or the kids in the pool.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

We just love this place and we are definatley going again. Regaurdless of the other reviews.

I have stayed here a few times and have never had any problems suggested in some of the other reviews

I would and do recommend this hotel to everyone

Maybe I will see you there.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Cherry Grove Manor? Share your experiences!