“On the beach in winter” 4 of 5 stars

Maritime Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Bluffton, Sc
“On the beach in winter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Directly on the beach in No. Myrtle Beach. Nicely, brightly decorated 2-bedrm w/ full kitchen. Very roomy and homey. Very nice general manager. Only .3 from Main Street: fun places to go: Deckerz (small w/ lots of locals and decent bar food), Flynn's Irish Tavern (fabulous shepherd's pie and rated #1 on tripadvisor), Fat Harold's (the famous shag dance club), Duck's (live bands for shag dancing), and Pirate Saloon (fabulous for breakfast). Not too far from Little River (Captain Poo's & Key West Crazy). Desk people were saying the Jan-Feb rate for a 1-bedrm or studio was $40!! Beds are close to the walls.

Room Tip: All are ocean front, I think. I think that northern rooms might be noisy when seasonal beach bar is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here over the MLK weekend. 2 bedroom with 3 nice new flat screens. You can look down on the ocean from the bed in the front bedroom. Very nice wide beach even at high tide. New everything throughout condo. No complaints. Great location

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mack warren
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Friendly staff, lovely view, clean, well maintained. We enjoyed our time away listening to the surf and watching the birds. The beach is very clean and natural. We own a week in October but negotiated for November.

Room Tip: Studio nice for a couple.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went through RCI for our “Platinum” exchange. What a disaster. This place was filthy! I would have taken my daughter and checked into a hotel the very 1st night, but nothing was available. I have stayed in older places on the beach before. But this was the worst. We were told by RCI that we would automatically get an upgraded unit at check-in. The 2 ladies at the front desk explained that wasn’t the case. As there is only one RCI unit. The 1 bedroom that sleeps four-I didn’t unfold the sleeper sofa, and put our beach towels on the dirty sofa to sit. When we got to the unit it was hot and stuffy. The ac unit in the bedroom had the front piece sitting on the floor and wouldn't turn on. I had to call maintenance to fix it. I was leery of using the refrig as is wasn’t cold & set on the highest setting.(see attached photos) The 2nd night, the living room ac started blowing hot air, and the tank in the toilet wasn’t filling & wouldn’t flush. I even took the lid off the blender to fill with water to flush the toilet. The blender had mold in the bottom of it. I wish I had a picture of that, but didn’t think of that in the middle of the night. I immediately called the front desk around 7:45 that morning. The woman that answers said “those silly owners, sometimes they turn the water off”. I explained that we had already been there 1 night, she just kept talking; said she would send someone up. 2 ½ hours later we checked out. WHAT a NIGHTMARE – she could have cared less, even when I explained that we were checking out 5 days early and had waited 2 ½ hours to have the toilet fixed.
I read the previous reviews but thought that it really couldn't be all that bad. It was! If I was an owner of one of these units I would be furious. THEY NEED UPDATED!!!!! What a waste of money!

Room Tip: Photos of the dirty moldy drapes and the sticky mess inside the blender. The microwave was clean, b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
blue hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had low expectations due to some previous reviews, and were pleasantly surprised! Every room has a straight on ocean view. We had a two bedroom unit so we had two balconies, one off the living room with room for two chairs and a side table and the one off the master bedroom was just big enough to stand on.
Upon check in I asked if our room was refurbished, the front desk lady said it was not and she didn't have any available to move me to. She did give me the option of calling interval international to see if they were able to, but I declined. So I had VERY low expectations when we arrived at our unit.
When we walked in I was sure she had been mistaken everything looked great! White cabinets (newer looking) granite countertops, white appliances that were not out dated. Flat screen tv's in the living room and Masterbed room. Beach/cottage themed furniture throughout, it was not high end furnishings by any means, but it was current, clean & undamaged. There were four of us (My husband and I and our two daughters 8&11). The space in the unit was fine for us for the week. We had initially planned on bringing my father and his wife as well, but they were unable to join us, it is just as well as the space would have been too tight for the 6 of us even though it was a sleep 6 unit. In my opinion 2 adults and two older children or 2 adults and four younger children would be the max. for the space. The two bedrooms had one double bed each (Our Mastebedroom was SUPPOSED to have a king, this was a big dissapointment and if I had paid alot for the unit I would have complained, but we got our week during our kids school april vacation for cheap! So we made do.) and there is a queen size sleeper sofa in the living room.
This is not an over the top resort typical of this area. This is a very simple understated resort with everything we wanted in a vacation rental. A pool (heated and ocean side, not in the shade until 4:30-5ish!), hot tub(VERY hot and in a seperate area from the pool). kids pool (small no frills and unheated) small tiki bar, served food and drinks (open lunch -early evening everyday we were there) bean bag games, horseshoes and shuffle board oceanside and next to the tiki bar and an exercise room (small, not used much and slightly outdated equipment-broken stationary bike, plus you have to exchange your room key for the exercise room key everytime you want to use it) small computer room, kept locked, needed to ask front desk for key everytime. There is a notice in the room that you will be charged for computer use over ten minutes, but they didn't appear to inforce it. They also advertised a game room, but that was closed, appeared to be doing something to change the room over. There was a ping pong table in a room off to the side of the front desk.The resort is very compact so you don't have to walk far to get to all the amentities, everything is at your fingertips.
The front desk was very helpful whenever we inquired about things, but they weren't openly or overly friendly (they didn't greet us when passing by or entering the lobby.) The maintenance crew however were all very friendly and kind.

Good things: All amenities were within easy access and they opened them early and closed them late. Room was pleasant and updated. Beautiful view and lots of good breeze through the balcony doors. Two balconies! Beach front!! The exterior has been repainted and is tan and burgandy (not pink and blue as shown). Informative at the front desk, friendly maintenance crew. Local vendors selling wares in the lobby (jewelry, hand bags, soaps, etc) on selected days, you could walk right by or browse without pressure, nice. 4-5 blocks to a couple places to eat, a bar or two and a few shops. Felt safe, there was ALWAYS at least one person at the front desk, usually two. Plenty of parking. BEACH FRONT!!
Downside: Double bed in the master. Small "closets" no doors. Bedrooms were on the small side. Master bathroom was very small, no tub but the shower was awesome (looked small, but had a great bench and had plenty of room). Might I suggest a shower curtain that lets light in. it was pretty dark with no overhead light. No washer dryer in the room. Towel exchange only 1x per week!
I would definately recommend this to someone who is not overly uptight or pretentious, and who wants to enjoy their family at a safe, simple & comfortable beachfront location!

Room Tip: foors 2-3 probably can't see the beach, due to the dunes. And overlook the pool, very closely. B...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed in an efficiency unit in January. The condition of the unit was a pleasant surprise. Evidently, it had been refurbished, so the kitchen had granite countertops, and the unit had been freshly painted. The funiture was in good shape and everything was clean. The carpet appeared to be new, and there was plenty of storage space for one person. It is in a convenient location with plenty of on-site parking, and it was a very quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room. Some of the rooms are run-down and need to be updated.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Stone Mountain, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

This hotel is totally run down. I don't ususally write reviews but I was so disappointed that I had to write about this one. It grossed my out. The hallways were so narrow that my father could not get his wheelchair down the hall. Carpet was gross, paint peeling. YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! It was not up to the standards of our usual rentals from Interval International!!! However, the staff was very friendly and helpful. But this did not overcome this old hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Maritime Beach Club? Share your experiences!