“This Fishing trip Was NO FUN” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located directly on Hwy 17 in North Myrtle Beach, ocean side. Look for the big Red and White Building. We share the building with Coastal Scuba.
New York Mills, New York
“This Fishing trip Was NO FUN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you want to spend 40$ on something DO NOT GO ON THE PRIDE OF THE CAROLINAS !!!!! the crew are very rude all the captain is a total joke the guy in the office I thank his name is Camron is a total jack hole if you want to go fishing you will be better off going to a pier or with an different fishing company

Visited November 2013
Tyler W, Staff at Little River Fishing Fleet, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Wow. We really must have missed the mark on this one. After 25 years in the business, we strive to give outstanding customer service to our valued guests. We take thousands and thousands of fishermen out each year and our dockside surveys indicate that we give great service 95% of the time. Again, we're sorry that you didn't find things acceptable.

5 attraction reviews
“Birthday Wish Come True!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Boy, I sure am glad I did not read some of these negative reviews before I decided to go with Little River Fishing Fleet! We would have missed an opportunity of a lifetime because we would not have gone. But, as it happened, calling almost at the last minute to get on board a Gulfstream trip, was no problem for the staff here. From talking to the owner of the company to book the trip to being on the boat with Captain Robert and Captain Russ, my son's tenth birthday celebration could not have gone better. We caught grouper, red snapper, trigger fish... We'll be eating fish for months! I would highly recommend a gulf stream trip with this crew. They were so interested in putting us on the right fish and constantly helped us keep our lines in the water. It was like they shared our excitement, even though they had been there and done that many times before.

Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Best part of our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent quite a bit of time looking for a fishing fleet to go on "out of season" and decided to go with Little River Fishing Fleet because they offered life jackets for the kids, and the captain sounded very enthusiastic when speaking with him on the phone.

We had four adults in our group and four kids - 3, 5, 5, and 10.We took the dock out to the boat and waited a short bit before getting started on the trip. We had about 25 people and there was plenty of room for everyone to have their own space. There were snacks and drinks available to purchase, very basic but all you need when you are out to fish! The boat was clean, as was the restroom, and everything was ready to rock as soon as everyone was on board.

The mates on our trip, John and John, were awesome. The mates explained to the kids in their terms how to use the fishing poles and let them try it before we got to the water. They came around and gave us a chance to enter the 'pot' for the biggest fish - no pressure at all - which we entered, others did not, no one had any issues with that. One of the mates even gave my daughter a homemade cookie he had brought for himself! Once we got out on the water and out to "open seas", you start fishing right away. The mates baited the hooks, unhooked the fish, gave us tips and tricks, just really great guys who enjoyed being on the water and really made it a wonderful experience for us.

We had so much fun. We caught so many fish, and they mates would also get a fish on the line and let us real it in, which of course was great for kids who have little patience! We caught sea bass, grunts, pike, a red snapper, and even a shark and an octopus on the trip! The mates would show the fish to the kids, explain what kind they were and how to tell, and let them touch the fish before throwing them back in. All of the kids got to take pictures with the shark. My friend caught the octopus - it was wild and all over the place, flinging it's tentacles around and scooting around the boat and in the laundry basket. The kids got to touch its tentacle after they cut one off for bait. We saw dolphins, and the Captain came around to point out and explain why there were fish jumping out of the water - there was a shark after them!

The captain and crew were great, very friendly, very helpful, all fabulous with kids. We will absolutely be headed out on the Pride of the Carolinas again when we are back in Myrtle Beach!

Visited October 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great day of Fishing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Me, My dad, my brother and a buddy of ours went out on the 3/4 day during the last week of July 2013. When we climbed on board the Safari 2 I believe. We were pleased to find out that we had 2 Captin's on our boat that day, Captin Robert and Captin Braxton. Both of these gentlemen were very friendly and eager to put everyone on fish. After a 20 min boat ride, Robert used my dad's rod to show everyone how it was done and helped my Dad catch the first two fish of the day. By the time the trip was over, everyone on the boat had caught keeper fish which included: 4 sharks, 2 monster flounder, multiple rudderfish and grey snapper and a couple of trigger fish. With 20 people fishing, i'd say over 200 black sea bass were caught among other things. Robert and Braxton baited hooks, took fish off and strung fish up all day. These two men really worked their Butts off and were great guys. When we go back to Myrtle next year, I'm going out with Robert and Braxton again. I personally reccomend these guys to anyone prepared to catch a cooler full. You can't beat it for 75 a person.

Visited July 2013
Fayetteville,NC, United States
“Do Not Recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This past weekend myself, my wife, and another four people drove down to N. Myrtle Beach to try out their fishing trip. We paid 40$ for the Pride of the Carolinas sea floor fishing trip. The crew on the boat started out by going around collecting money for a pot for whoever caught the biggest fish, the six of us decided to opt out of this considering we had already paid 40$ for the trip +fuel for the drive. The crew was blatantly upset and disrespectful that we were opting out. The boat was extremely crowded and during the fishing trip tangled lines we abound even with people on the other side of the ship. One drop my wife's line became entangled with someone on the other sides and she held on until she couldn't anymore, at this point I took the pole and held on to it while one of the crew members yelled at me repeatedly like a child although it was now fault of my own. Later in the day, my buddy who came along caught a 22in. Flounder, at which point the crew made sure to make him regret not entering the biggest fish pot, seeming oddly bitter about his resentment to give up another 5$. Throughout the day we caught many fish and we helped by a young crew member named "Cody." Cody never measured any of out fish and threw all of them back saying none were big enough to keep. At the end of the day, we say a lot of people getting off the boat with stringers of fish significantly smaller than some of the ones we caught. When we confronted Cody about not keeping our fish he denied having ever even helped us on the boat although he was our primary crew member for the entire day. My final comment about this trip revolves around the Captain, whom continously yelled over the PA system and was very rude to several individuals who were accidentally standing in the wrong area when we were coming into the river.

I am an active member of the military, the friends I went with are also active duty. We are currently in a rigorous pipeline where we don't get that many days off to travel nearly a hundred miles and spend our days with family doing something fun outdoors. It's very upsetting that this experience was ruined by poor attitudes from crew members and the captain.

We expect a good attitude, great business, and at a minimum decentmanners and professionalism. I will not be recommending this to anyone I know.

Visited October 2013