“FUN IN THE SEA.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located directly on Hwy 17 in North Myrtle Beach, ocean side. Look for the big Red and White Building. We share the building with Coastal Scuba.
Hawley, PA
10 attraction reviews
“FUN IN THE SEA.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We had a great time. It was such a great value for the price. The half day trip was semi private which meant that there were only 8 other passengers besides the four of us. The captain was and his mate were so hands on with us. They were informatve and professional. We caught some wonderful black sea bass which we had to throw back immediately due to state regulations. Any other fish however you would be able to keep. My teenage sons loved the trip!

Visited April 2012

Tulsa, Oklahoma
33 attraction reviews
“First Ocean Fishing Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Went out on the big boat with lots of others for the 5 hour trip because it was the only thing available when I got to town.. Pretty rough water.. About 2/3 of those fishing were puking after 2 hours. Ok if it was all you could do, but really wish another trip had been available. Caught about 20 small fish. Mainly sea bass.

Visited June 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Not impressed with SCUBA services”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I've been diving in quiet a few places so the beat up rental gear didn't bother me, it was the over crowded boat (>14 divers), the lack of help with gear change outs, and the rushing us into the water out for the shortest surface interval possible and back into the water so they could get back to the dock to pick up their afternoon divers that made me feel that this just wasn't worth the money. The crew was as nice as could be for unguided dives. BTW when they show the 2 dive sites on their website for the day its 2 dives on the same wreck in the morning and 2 dives on another wreck in the afternoon. I'm sure they are trying to save on gas but the second dive on the same wreck you've already circumnavigated 3 times is a bit boring. Perhaps I should have asked a few more questions before booking this dive.

Visited May 2011
Kansas
32 attraction reviews
“"Did I forget to mention…"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I made reservations for a 3/4 day trip about three weeks in advance. I selected this because it had less people on the boat and a better chance to catch different fish. "Did I forget to mention…" The day before our trip, they called me at 4:00 PM and said they didn't have enough to take a 3/4 day trip out, but there was a couple that wanted to share a private charter and it would cost twice the 3/4 day charge (do I have "stupid" stamped on my forehead?). They then told me that the half day trip only had 8 people reserved, so I decided to take the half day trip. "Did I forget to mention…" When we checked in, they told me there were 18 people on the boat. When I told the lady that at 4:00 PM I was told there were only 8 reservations, she told me they take reservations all night long (I had my wife check the forehead again…). After paying, we moved to the boat. The boat was really a SCUBA boat they were using for fishing, so the seating was limited and uncomfortable. The boat looked bad. "Did I forget to mention…" During the pre-brief, the crew told us the species we would probably catch could not be kept, but if we were lucky, we would catch other types (forehead check time). We departed the dock and it got better. The day was great, the ocean was smooth and the crew was great. After an hour run, we started fishing and everyone caught something (all Black Bass….all sizes…all thrown back….only type caught). The captain did a good job moving place to place to make sure we caught fish and the mate was helpful and entertaining...beers were $2. I ended up catching about 24 fish….the best part was watching the 2 little kids catch fish. Only positives are a great crew….bad management, troubles giving the whole truth, and an old broken boat. Find someone else to fish with.

Visited April 2011