“It is what it is!!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The newest addition to the Duffy Street restaurants in MB. This one is #3 owned by the same family.
Princeton Junction, NJ
“It is what it is!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

If you want good beer and fried seafood and are just in the mood for some fun then this is a place for you. It is around the corner from our Ashworth condo so it is an easy walk which is a plus for us. It has outside seating which is great for people watching. and free Peanuts with your beer...yummmm. the food is ok and you get lots of it.....not for dieters.

Visited August 2012

Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
“Always great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

A visit or two to Duffy Street Seafood Shack is always on my list when I'm in North Myrtle Beach. And I always go for their fried green tomatoes. Hefty portions and thick cut for a delightful appetizer or almost can make a meal off of them. But a word of warning.... their home made dipping sauce is horrible. Go for ranch or even blue cheese. Both of these go great with them. Last visit I tried their Pig Skin Shrimp. Delicious!!! I've never gone wrong when eating at Duffy's.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went for an early dinner at Duffy's so we didn't run into service problems that other diners had. The place was nearly empty at the time. Food was pretty good. I agree with other posters that it was not as good as I remembered the original location in Cherry Grove to be. The best meal our party had was the shrimp and grits.

Visited August 2012
Stafford, Virginia, United States
“Dissapointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate at the original in Cherry Grove a few years ago and had a good experience. Two years ago we ate at the location on Restaurant Row, I think when it just opened. Experience was very good. Based on that experience, we went again this past week.....

Food - beyond terrible. In short, some of us ordered fried oysters, shrimp and wings. All were soggy. We took the food home and broiled it in the oven so it would be edible. One of us had to leave during dnner to get some fresh air - he thinks due to the greasy fried food. He still didn't feel that well the next day.

Service - terrible. Our waiter was from Bulgaria and appeared to try. But, it seems that he was more interested in my daughter and her friend than actually doing his job. I had to go to the bar to get a beer because of the long wait. The next time, I actually had to yell at him as he was walking away to get his attention so that I could get another beer (after he had come by the table to check on us, or should I say, the girls). When he asked what kind - I showed him the bottle. His reply - tell me what kind, I don't know Amercan beers. What kind of show was he putting on. What an idiot.

I said he was trying, but was more annoying than anything. All we wanted to do was have a nice dinner before heading home from vacation. Poor choicde in restaraunts to do this.

I will never go back.

This is the first review I have ever written - I always just go with the flow. If we have a bad experience, whatever, maybe a bad night. No big deal. But this was awful.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
“Not a fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We didn't care for this place at all. It wasn't busy when we arrived and we were seated immediately. We ordered some calamari and it came out fast but then we waited forever for our meals to arrive and the place was busy but not every table was occupied. The waitress was very nice and friendly but they she was working a lot of other tables. The food was really greasy and most everything is fried. If you want the same grade food as Long John Silvers but want to pay more, then this is the place for you. The portions are generous, and the atmosphere is casual but the prices are just as high as other places and the food isn't as good.

• Visited August 2012