“Dirty room and filthy cook ware and glassware” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Rate
35% off this Summer
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Dirty room and filthy cook ware and glassware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed in 507 7/21 till 8/1, spent a pretty penny there. Had to wait for the room to be cleaned. Went to the room, went for groceries and upon return realized that the shower in the master bedroom had used wet face cloth hanging on the shower head, brown ring around the jacuzzi tub, balcony full of sand, rugs not vacuumed, dishes, glasses and silverware NOT cleaned, very obvious, mold on the bathroom ceiling, pillows did not have covers, stove was dirty, wife got stuck on the elevator, actually felt like I was in a $49 a night crappy motel in the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: go somewhere else

1,096 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Vinton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had heard only good reviews about North Beach and was looking forward to a wonderful vacation with my family. We stayed in a 3 bedroom Condo, # 417, Jasmine Tower. We were disappointed with the decorating after viewing the first bedroom. It looked as if they ran out of money. The second bedroom only had 2 double beds, a dresser with TV mounted above. No lamps or night stands. The master bedroom had a king bed with a queen size bed cover, thus showing the blanket and bed sheets, and non matching window cover. No mirror, as TV was mounted over dresser. No trash can in master bedroom or bath and none provided even though requested 3 times. Carpet and sofa were very stained. Our refrigerator was broken and all our food had to be placed in another condo until morning, when the refrigerator started working. Staff was very helpful. Our greatest discomfort came our first night when we went to bed and discovered our mattresses were coil springs covered with only about 1 1/2" of padding on top and a thin, see- through piece of fabric on the sides you could put your hands through and actually grab the coils. In addition the top sheet on the king bed was too small and wouldn't stay on through the night. Everyone, even the children couldn't sleep and complained about back aches. I have arthritis and actually ended up on a week of bed rest after returning home. I firmly believe these mattresses were used and recovered. I have also since read that coil mattresses are dangerous to sleep on. The beach is very narrow and wall to wall people. Our grandchildren couldn't even play in the sand. The only positive thing I can say about our experience was that the maintenance was always prompt to respond, and we had to call them numerous times - light bulbs, fire alarms, door lock, maids not leaving trash bags. The view of the pools was beautiful, however if you want a lounge chair, you have to get up and save one by 9 a.m. because they allow people to save them all day. I won't be paying this price again for a beautiful view of the pools.

Room Tip: Condos are privately owned. Know who owns the condo, or when you check in, insist on looking at the...
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I did a 5-night stay at North Beach Plantation with our daughter, son in law, and our two grandkids. The property is well-kept and the pool area is fantastic. Beach access is relatively easy, although the wooden rams over the dunes should be about 1 foot wider, as there is not enough width for people carrying chairs, coolers, etc. The beach itself is very flat, which makes it very narrow at high tide and leaves standing water even at low tide.

When everyone tries to exit the pool area at the same time when it storms, there is at least a half hour wait to access the elevators in the towers. My advice is don't even try to use the elevators to go back to your apartment when this happens.

There are plenty of pool chairs, even though many of them are "reserved" all day by people who throw pool towels over them. One day, the pool staff did go around "unreserving" the chairs by collecting those towels, but the regulations against "reserving" chairs isn't rigorously or consistently enforced.

A S.C. "law" supposedly prohibits bringing outside alcoholic beverages into the pool area, but that rule seems to go by the wayside at night. One evening we heard glass bottles breaking in the pool area -- not a good thing with people walking around in bare feet.

Overall, we had a great time and I would recommend staying there. But ...

One warning: Do not believe anything the reservation desk tells you about cleaning services. There are fresh towels and trash removal daily, but there is no daily cleaning service, despite the fact that the reservation desk assured us there would be. (The reservation people use fake names so the actual people making these promises can't be identified and held accountable.)

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor in case you have to use the stairs. The elevators become unusable during a st...
Logan, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been coming to Myrtle/North Myrtle for many years, and I always try to pick a different place to stay, well my next trip will be at the Towers at North Beach Plantation, This place is awesome, the parking is great, the rooms was very clean and updated, you couldn't ask for a better view, we stayed on the 2nd floor and the view was great, we felt safe letting our teenagers go down to the pools while we stayed on the balcony, we could watch everything really good. We just felt so relaxed there !! This was actually the best vacation we ever had, we didn't have to fight for a parking spot, we wasn't afraid of bumping into another car or anything.

I actually didn't even want to leave the place, I could have not left there and just stayed inside the towers the whole week. And I really loved being on the 2nd floor, the view was just perfect.

I know it's a little higher, but you get what you pay for , it is well worth the little bit more that we paid compared to other places.

It's just a great place to be !!! 2 thumbs up for sure !!! I would give it a five star rating !!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Recently stayed at North Beach Plantation for a week with my husband, 2 sons, ages 8 and 9 and my 13 year old nephew. I rented an oceanfront 2 bedroom condo. We were given room 612 in the Jasmine Tower. Check in was easy and we were in our room by 3:00 pm. The room was beautiful! Very tastefully decorated with all necessary kitchen appliances and electronics in working order. The room itself was huge when compared to average size hotel rooms. What a huge difference to have our own gorgeous bathroom and not have to share with the kids. After settling in with luggage, I drove over to the Bi Lo Supermarket and stocked up on $300 worth of breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks for the week.

The pool area and beach are fantastic. The ocean water was very clean and the waves were probably about 2 feet...great for boogie boarding but not so big that they knocked you down every 5 minutes. Poolside drinks were reasonably priced ($16 for 2 Bloody Mary's) although poolside food (which I never purchased) seemed a bit high.

I woke up early every day and headed over to the gym between 7 and 8 am. After my workout we headed starlight to the pool or beach, so we usually arrived around 9:00/9:30. At that hour we pretty much had our choice of where we wanted to put our stuff on the beach. The pool however was a different story. Every morning I would see people lined up at the pool entrance to grab a loung chair by laying their stuff on it and than leaving for a few hours. On the first day, the staff removed all towels on unoccupied chairs and when the owners of such towels strolled down around 11:00 they weren't too happy. However, this was the one day I saw this. On every other day, I would see towels on chairs for hours and never see the person actually sit in the chair. Having said that, the 1 day that we spent poolside we were able to find a lounge chair. All our other days were spent on the beach because we prefer the ocean to the pool.

Overall I thought North Beach Planatation was an amazing property. However, this was our first visit to the Myrtle Beach area and it is definitely much more expensive than other nearby hotels. At almost $450 a night for a two bedroom the cost is definitely something to consider. The location was amazing as was the size of the room and the convenience of having a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a washer and a dryer. I'm not sure how other hotels in the area compare. Would I return? Absolutely!!!!

Room Tip: Jasmine tower directly faces the ocean, but parking garage is only attached to Indigo Tower. If you...
Clemmons, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

There has been NO bigger fan of NBP than our family. We live only three hours from Myrtle so we visit often and have consistently promoted NBP to our friends and family. That just ended. Bottom line, this place is falling apart and FAST. Our most recent stay was for three days and the summary of our most recent visit follows.

First, we arrive at noon, FULLY aware that the stated check-in time is 4:00 pm. That's fine. However, as we enter the lobby, we stand about 10 deep with one very overwhelmed desk clerk. Finally, after about 10 minutes and about 15 deep, some woman comes waltzing out of another room asking if she can help someone. After 45 minutes of standing in line (remember, this is a FOUR diamond resort), Joey says he can help us. He was courteous enough and explained we would be called when our room was clean but that we would be placed AT THE TOP OF THE list of customers to be called. Fair enough. We eventually received our room around 4:00 pm and willing to overlook the horrendous check-in process.

Next morning, our 18 year old son decides to head down to the third floor for a soda. He offers his debit card for payment and was sternly informed that debit cards are not accepted at this location. So, he informs the attendant that he carries little cash and tells the attendant he doesn't have cash on hand for the purchase. Then, the attendant proceeds to lecture him that he can BE ARRESTED for vagrancy!! Yes, this actually happened.

Fast forward to afternoon by the pool. In the past, we have charged our poolside drinks to our room at NBP. Never been an issue. So, my wife and I decide we would like purchase two cocktails. I approach the pool bar staff and simply ask, "can I charge drinks to my room"? You would have thought I was brandishing a sawed-off shotgun and wearing a ski mask! Again, this is a FOUR diamond resort (supposedly). I was told very sternly that I better go get some cash or credit card because "we are tired of getting ripped off".

Finally, we tried to overlook ALL OF THIS and simply enjoy our short trip to the beach. Then, things just went beyond unforgivable. As most know, NBP has an adult swim-up pool bar. It clearly states ADULTS ONLY. Fair enough. We all get that. Around 4:30 pm, a family with a severely autistic child finally coaxes the child toward the pool area. The child simply sits on the side of the pool and then wades down two steps into the ADULTS ONLY pool. All of the sudden, a life guard starts blowing his whistle at this poor family and basically raising holy hell with these people. The child simply was trying to wade in the water under the very watchful eye of BOTH parents. Again, this clown of a life guard starts blowing on his whistle and then turns and laughs at other juveniles by the pool who were obviously encouraging this behavior.

I will close this review by stating that we have been HUGE NBP fans and have absolutely loved this place. However, the absolute horrendous display of customer service this past weekend is very discouraging. Hopefully, NBP will come under new management and the new manager will put a firm boot up some very deserving butts!

Troy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We love Myrtle Beach and were looking forward to staying at the North Beach Plantation. On the plus side, the unit was clean and spacious. The view from the balcony was beautiful. It was tastefully decorated. Lastly, it was nicely furnished EXCEPT for the beds and bedding. The beds were VERY hard and uncomfortable. The bedding was faded, worn and illfitting. I awoke each morning stiff and very sore. In the middle of our trip, we decided to leave. For the remainder of our time in Myrtle Beach we stayed at The Mariott Grand Dunes Resort and Spa. The rooms at the Mariott are smaller, but the beds are far more comfortable. In addition, the beach at the Marriott is less crowded. We preferred the pool area at the Marriott as well. It was cleaner. The landscaping was more lush and beautiful. The music was played softly. It wasn't loud and overpowering like it had been at North Beach Plantation. The food was much better and the staff was much friendlier there. We would definitely stay at the Marriott again. I don't think we will ever go back to the North Beach Plantation. One last thing, we found dead bugs in our unit at North Beach Plantation including a cockroach. This is probably common in the south. I'm not sure. We live in Michigan, but it was still unpleasant. We recommend the Mariott.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!