Pros: Comfortably furnished spacious one bedroom unit on 7th floor Indigo Tower complete with 2 flatscreen tvs, full-sized kitchen appliances, ample closet space, in-room safe. Friendly courteous staff, ample parking [our Honda Ridgeline truck fit - but it was tight]. Lots of pools for grownups and kids. Pools, whirlpools, and grounds were immaculately kept. We had no trouble finding the turn opposite "ALABAMA", nor the turn off 48th Ave. into NBP. Clear signs directed us to check-in. Staff gave a quick rundown of amenities, a map of the property and directions to our tower, beach accesses, etc. We were originally booked into Jasmine Tower, but the unit still hadn't been cleaned at 4p.m. checkin. So, we were checked into Indigo Tower. The difference is that you have a southerly view of the ocean & beach as opposed to a straight-out view. NBP is close to shopping, restaurants, entertainment, plus a short drive to Tanger Outlets, chain stores, gas stations, etc. You can walk for miles along the beach in both directions and not have to zigzag around crowds of people. We stayed in the middle of May, so it may be more crowded in high season. I really want to stress how clean the elevators, hallways & grounds were kept! Even the beach was clean. This is a gated resort with overnight security.
Cons: Our major irritation was the sketchy daily towel & trash service which we knew to request on check-in. First day was fine, after that it was sporadic. We did call one day when we were down to one set of towels for two people....flip you for 'em...LOL! We called & clean towels were delivered promptly. Remember to call before 5pm when the service ends for the day. Would have liked a guide to local channels; we aren't familiar with local stations and they didn't match up to the newspaper listings. It would also be helpful to have a set of potholders in the kitchen.
All told, we would highly recommend NBP. You must remember these are privately-owned & furnished condos. This is not a hotel so don't expect daily maid service. You must fend for yourself as if you were home. Buy/bring your own groceries, paper products, cleaners, etc. Although the resort did supply soaps, laundry detergent for one load and dishwasher detergent. Bonus....no racing out the door to avoid maid service, no screaming kids racing past your door to the ice & vending machines.
We enjoyed our stay and hated to leave as it felt like "home". We will definitely be back!
- Also Known As:
- North Beach Plantation Hotel
- North Beach Plantation Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a 7 1/2 acre "island" between the Atlantic Ocean and White Point Swash North Beach Plantation provides a magnificent oceanfront experience. With a Caribbean themed pool-scape, South Carolina largest swim up pool bar, award winning Cinzia Spa, and much more, you will know why we've earned the title #1 resort in North Myrtle Beach year after year. Choose from an array of luxury accommodation, from the 1-5 bedroom oceanfront condos in the towers or one of our 1-5 bedroom cottages. Each unit is uniquely designed with the finest of décor elements and top of the line appliances. Come experience the beach in luxury when booking your next trip to Myrtle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, MyrtleBeachHotels, Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your North Beach Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.