“Great resort and town homes!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Rate
Lowest rates ever- $79
Meridian, Idaho
“Great resort and town homes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed in Plantation Villa #8 for 2 nights. The town home was gorgeous. We were slightly surprised to discover that the town home is owned by a family and rented out by the company, but it was a nice home. Ours had a bedroom downstairs with 2 queen beds and a full bath, with the master room upstairs with a nice bathroom that had a tiled shower. The beds were pretty comfortable, though the sheets were kind of scratchy.

Our package included 2 breakfast certificates each day, even though there were 3 people on our reservation. The breakfast was great each day.

The pool area at the main resort was great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I visit N. Myrtle Beach every year but this was our first stay at North Beach Plantation and I must say we loved it! We stayed in the Jasmine Tower, 19th floor (when viewing the main property advertising photo, this is the street-side view. Jasmine is the tower on the right, Indigo the tower on the left). The staff terms this a 'V' formation with all condos oceanfront. However, just so you know, the "V" is not parallel to the ocean and therefore a bit misleading -- Jasmine Tower is truly ocean front and Indigo is at a 90 degree angle to it with its balconies looking along the coast line toward M. Beach. In other words, Indigo is not oceanfront in the traditional sense of the word. To some past reviewers, this seemed a bit of a surprise.
In addition to the towers there are separate homes and cottages available for rent but they are not oceanside. These are at the front of the property near the entrance. Which by the way, is where you check in. Also located toward the front of the property is a fine dining restaurant, spa and workout room. None of which are particularly close to the Towers. Parking was plentiful in April, not sure that will be the case in mid-season. However, shuttle service is advertised. There is a parking deck on the Indigo side with a catwalk adjoining the 2 towers on Level 3. Also on Level 3 is a breakfast cafe and newly opened bar. Did not try either so can't speak to these.
We stayed in the one bedroom Southport. Marble counter tops in the bath and kitchen, Jacuzzi tub and separate tiled shower, large dining room and adjoining living room. All in all, very elegant and spacious, yet warm and inviting.
The outside pool area is huge with 5 or 6 separate pools including a swim-up bar. Since we were there in April there were plenty of pool chairs but I imagine in peak season this place is a zoo. The chairs are lined up close and tight in an attempt, I suspect, to supply as many as possible. If you're claustrophobic, might want to head to the beach.
And finally, the location of the property is perfect. Directly across from Barefoot Landing.

As a side note, keep in mind these are condo/rental properties and not a hotel (despite TripAdvisor listing it as such). So no room service and maid service is minimal during your stay (fresh towels and trash pickup only).

In short, North Beach Plantation can't be beat. Wish we could afford to buy one, but since we can't, we will visit as often as we can.

Room Tip: Recommend Jasmine Towers for true oceanfront balconies.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family, a friend, and I booked one of the houses on the plantation. It turns out the place we booked was being occupied by the owner of the unit. We were relocated to a similar house but had a problem with that unit. Joey, the guy working at the front desk, and North Beach Plantation went above and beyond to rectify our problem. This is the 3rd time I've stayed at North Beach and you can always expect their best. There is a reason this is the #1 place to stay in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is my now go to stay whenever I'm in Myrtle Beach! Stayed here 2 nights for a girls getaway and hated to leave this place. It exceeded all of my expecatations and I've been telling everyone about this resort. This is as good as it get. If you want luxury, this is the ONLY place to stay when visiting Myrtle Beach. Very relaxing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our second stay at North Beach Plantation and it was excellent. We stayed in the Jasmine tower this time and the oceanview was fantastic from room 1016. We love the resort and all its ammenties. The condo was nicely decorated and more than comfortable for us. I really enjoyed hanging out on the huge balcony day and night. Enjoyed cooking some meals in the kitchen too. With our vacation package we recived breakfast vouchers at the cafe , I liked the buffet but I am not sure I would have liked it enough if I paid. I wasn't able to have lunch at the cafe this time so I am not sure if they have the same buffet setup for lunch, but I remember from the first visit that they made some great BLT's. We all loved having the many pools to choose from. Since they are still learning, I really like the fact that most of the pools are shallow enough for my kids to feel safe enough to swim in. One suggestion: My 4 year old would love to have a pirate play ship in one of the many pools. We stayed in a resort last year that had one and the kids had a blast. The grounds at NBP are even more beautiful now and the staff still very courteous. We have had such a wonderful time staying at North Beach Plantation that I hope that we can make this an annual destination. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in North Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Stay in the Jasmine Tower
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Came here with the boyfriend for a quick weekend trip. The weather was terrible (cold, rainy, windy), but our stay couldn't have been any better. The staff is knowledgeable, and super friendly. Our room was huge, and kept immaculately clean. The resort is just a short drive from the main strip, grocery stores, etc. Our stay was so good, we'll be going back in a few weeks.

• Stayed April 2013
Vancouver Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

It was our 5th trip in 7 years to NMB with a group of 8 golfers, we spent 9 nights in 2 four bedroom ocean front condos. Firstly I have been fortunate enough to stay in some great hotels of the 5 star caliber on the planet. This Hotel/Condo is not in a true 5 star caliber but from what we have stayed at and have seen in NMB this can't be beat. The pools were great and never over crowded I am sure the weather played a factor in this. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed, and the grounds were nice and clean as well as all public areas I saw. The staff was especially great and very service orientated, loved the staff in the hotels bars, be it the 3rd floor or pool bar. Prices were very low on most things we enjoyed within the entire resort. I have to give out a special comment about "21 main" restaurant it was fantastic, please check out my review under NMB restaurants, it was excellent in all aspects!!!! So if you are looking at NMB this is the place to stay and eat, period!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!