“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Anderson, South Carolina
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at Shore Crest from June 9th to the 15th and had a great time. The room was very clean when we arrived and had the smell that it was fresh not a stale small like most places have because they have been closed up. The room had all the things we needed to fix meals in the room they also have grills so you can cook out. The beds this time were nice, the mattresses must have been changed out with in the last few months, because it felt like my bed at home, which is a welcoming addition. The pool area was great since they redid the area. Shore Crest to close to everything in the area. There are several great places to eat close by as well.

Room Tip: Shore Crest 1 is ocean front. Shore Crest 2 is marsh view which is also relaxing to watch and you ca...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed in SC 1 ocean front---it was WONDERFUL! We could see and hear the ocean---even from our bedroom! Slept with the sliding glass door open in the bedroom so we could feel the cool night breeze off the ocean and see the surf upon waking in the morning. The only negative is the cell phone service was terrible and the wi-fi was too...so just realize that. Wonderful, relaxing time! 2 BR and 2 ba was great ---especially with teens! HIGHLY recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed on Lobby level, which is actually the 3rd floor, as 1st & 2nd floors are parking garag...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

This resort is fabulous. The ocean views are great. Everything was clean and smelled good. The people were very friendly and helpful. It was bike week and there was plenty of parking for tralors. The pool area was enjoyable. Great time going back again.

• Stayed May 2012
Byron Center, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay here. PROS: king bed was the best EVER anywhere except for once at a B & B in Branson; kitchen is large and easily navigatable; bathroom has nice ledge to put out all your daily stuff; good flushing stool and drainage in tub; shower head was like a massage; our room was quiet; ionizer for smoke smell works and they had done this ahead after a phone call; good staff and friendly; CONS:not enough elevators; don't bother with an part-ocean view; (we could see a tiny bit of ocean and about 25 rusty air conditioners on the top of an adjoining building); the parking is very tight and difficult to get in and out of;the lounge area is small, not inviting and we could find no coffee. We were in room 902 at the top floor-right around the corner from the elevator (which we could not hear) and easy for trucking our stuff to our room. We would stay here again and reccommend it. It's north myrtle beach and a little ways away from the fray, but still plenty of good restaurants around and not that far from myrtle beach proper. Right on the ocean and also has an indoor pool.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I booked this accommodation as a Bluegreen time share owner. My mother, aunt and I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in Shore Crest II. We stayed on the 5th floor and the marsh view was a pleasant surprise. The unit showed its age in some areas, but it was clean and very comfortable nonetheless. The master bedroom is quite spacious. My only disappointment was a large soaking tub instead of a jetted one. I liked the access the master provided to the ample balcony. The kitchen was well equipped, and the unit is provided with the convenience of its own beach towels and beach bag. The living area was smaller than I had expected. Anyone who is planning to use the sleeper sofa should know that pulling it out would leave little to no room to walk around the bed, and may even obstruct entering the master bedroom comfortably. The enclosed hot tub was nice and offered more privacy, but if you prefer an open air one there is one near the pool in Shore Crest I.The fitness center was small and limited, but there is a larger one in shore Crest I across the street with nice large windows with a view of the indoor pool. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and the beach access was very good. I liked the quite and peaceful atmosphere of North Myrtle Beach, and the beach houses you can see from your unit make the area feel more homey. The property is very close to shopping and restaurants. It was a very relaxing and pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This was our first booking as Bluegreen owners (as we stayed previously at Boyne Mountain and The Fountains on preview stays), and we were very pleased for our 5 day stay.
The Highlights:
Jared, Tammy and Kim at the front desk were fantastic staff to work with! Kudos to them and BG for hiring such great people!
We stayed in Unit 2606 at Shore Crest II and were thrilled with it! The kids bedroom overlooked the ocean (you could see it in between Shore Crest I and another resort) and our bedroom overlooked the marsh and had a great view that you could see all the way to House Of Blues. (Shore Crest II is the building across the street from Shore Crest I, which has ocean views, so if you get a room from the 06 to 09, you'll see the ocean between buildings).
We used all the pools and lazy river, the beach access was great, but the lobby internet was slow (didn't use the wi-fi). There is a fitness room in both facilities, but SC I's is nicer with a multi-station (cable) gym.
I agree with another reviewer: "I wish they would provide kitchen fare beyond metal and glass. A few plastic bowls for mixing and storage would be nice, as well as a nonstick frying pan. I was surprised that there was no radio/CD player" - we had one at both Boyne and Fountains. We accidently broke a glass casserole dish and I let Kim know upon check out and it was only $7 to replace.
The views from the lobby were fantastic! The beach was even better - for it was my 4 children's first trip to the ocean! We collected sea shells and sand to add to our collection!
Parking was awesome - always within 50 feet of the elevators! Felt safe and secure as well.
The only negative I have is attending the "owners update", which was merely another sales pitch to buy more points (we said no several times). When I'm ready, I'll contact them, but we won't be sitting through another one - takes up precious time...we did get free tickets to Ripley's Aquarium, but paid for it by meeting with sales reps for 90 minutes.
We'll be back for it was a special vacation!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was my first trip to North Myrtle Beach and I can't wait to return. Traveled there to catch a concert at the House of Blues and my cousin has a thing about villas and had booked us in Shorecrest. When arrived early and we were informed that our room was already ready. The front desk clerk was one of the nicest people I have ever met. She chatted away to us and a few of the other employees did to. I love when I can go somewhere and the front staff is awesome. It just sets the mood. When we got to our room, the closet door was off the tracks and leaned against the bed. I called the front desk to let them know because I didnt want them to think we had done it because we're young (early 20s), I informed them that this didnt bother me at all and that it was fine but they sent someone right up to put it back up! The internet didn't work for some reason, but it wasnt from lack of trying on their part! Not only did they come to the room and try to figure out what was wrong but they called AT&T repeatedly about it. Went above and beyond to help out! Our stay was great, one of the best I've ever had. The staff was so friendly, the HOB is amazing and everyone we talked to was so nice. I'm already planning another trip there for this fall! Thanks Shorecrest Staff! :)

Room Tip: We always get oceanview and it was a great bargain and listening to the ocean crash at night is so s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Shore Crest Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!