“Great vacation spot! (Oct 7th to 14th 2007)” 5 of 5 stars

Shore Crest Vacation Villas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4709 S. Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
London, Ontario
“Great vacation spot! (Oct 7th to 14th 2007)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

This was our first visit to Myrtle Beach. We stayed in Shore Crest Vacation Villas I and it was fantastic! We were in unit 1607 which is ocean front. The condo was roomy, clean and comfortable. We had a small issue with the light switch in the first bathroom, but it was taken care of the same day we notified maintenance. The unit offered everything we needed including a front row seat to watching dolphins jumping and playing in the mornings and sometimes in the evening. Awesome!!! It offered a lazy river, hot tub and swimming pool which we utilized daily. It was open from 9am to 10:30 pm. (the nightly swims at 10pm were one of our favourite things to do) The beach and ocean out in front of the building was so much fun. We fought the waves most days and it was a blast.

The building is right on the beach so it was very convenient for your ocean swimming. If you're a shell collector, then you'll be in heaven. There are shells everywhere!!

The staff were always friendly and smiling and made our stay that much more pleasant. It offers daily activities if you are so inclined to join in. Parking was not an issue, although in the busier months I can see it getting pretty full and having to park in the overflow lot across the road. But even that wouldn't be an issue as the road it's on is not that busy to cross back and forth. The location is convenient to restaurant row and Barefoot Landing is not much more than two blocks away.

I can't begin to address everything, but if you're staying in North Myrtle Beach then this is a good place to stay. Oh, and one last thing, the sunrises are breathtaking!

Tammy and Mike
London, Ontario Canada

• Liked — The view, the beach, the water
  • Disliked — there was nothing we didn't like, we loved everything about it
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

I stayed at Shore Crest once again and am very happy with the accommodations. The room was clean and well equipped for all our anticipated needs. There is so much room and so many amenities. Everyone is very friendly that works there. I highly recommend this resort to everyone. The last stay I was at Shore Crest I which is Ocean Front this stay I was at Shore Crest II which is across the street. It was no big deal. The location is convenient to everything that I want to do when I am in Myrtle Beach. I can't wait to go again next year.

• Liked — That you don't have to leave the resort, there are so many on site activiites
  • Disliked — The parking!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kingsport, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

We stayed in Shore Crest Villas II across from the beach . We had a awesome room. Everything was clean and the rooms were real nice. We stayed in the 2 bedroom and loved the huge garden tub in the master bedroom. We would love to return again!!!

• Liked — the rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

My family had stayed at Shore Crest in North Myrtle. First let me say how wonderful our room was it was clean and everything that was to be there was. Two things concerned me during our stay at Shore Crest II. One day we had called and signed up for one of the activities that was being held at Shore Crest one’s pool area we arrived and with in 30 minutes we where asked to leave the reason we where given was because “Shore Crest one’s pool area is only for guests that are staying in Shore Crest one”. Then why are we being invited to the activities then? Second, there are many residential homes around Shore Crest property; one day there was four teenagers from one of the houses across the street at the pool because we watched them walk back to the house. Another day there were six young men between ages of 19 and 24 in the stair well of Shore Crest II parking deck pool side smoking marijuana and they came from one of the houses across the street. I thought someone should be making rounds to check all the property areas, but I guess not. Everyone just needs to watch out for these activities and report them ASAP and do not wait.

• Liked — The rooms and being close to everything.
  • Disliked — People from across the street using the pool. Not being allowed to do the activities at Shore Crest One.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brentwood, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

We are Bluegreen members and just got back from Shorecrest II. We have stayed at several Bluegreen properties since becoming members and our biggest beef with them is the inconsistency from one property to another. This trip was no different.

Shorecrest is actually two properties, there is Shorecrest I on the beach and Shorecrest II across the street from Shorecrest I and an easy walk from the beach. Both have their own pool and lazy river although the pool at Shorecrest I is considerably larger and that is where pretty much all the organized activites take place - sandcastle building, tye dye, live entertainment, bingo, etc.
The best thing about Shorecrest II was the unit itself. We had a two bedroom and it was very spacious and well-appointed. Washer and dryer were in the unit which was nice. There is no maid service unless you are willing to pay extra. The unit was nicely decorated, clean and functional for our family of four. We had a west view looking directly across the marsh at Barefoot Landing.

The downside to Shorecrest II is the pool is very small and you feel like a second class citizen relative to Shorecrest I. One day they chased people (Shorecrest II guests and owners) away from the pool at Shorecrest I, which is probably 3-4 times the size of the Shorecrest II pool (the number of total units at each property is similar). This did not sit well with guests and owners. Technically as a Bluegreen owner you have access to ANY property at ANY time. We were told the fix week owners at Shorecrest I had voted to keep Shorecrest II guests and owners away from their pool during peak times. This seems to be in direct contradiction with the benefits and features of Bluegreen ownership which allows complete access to any property. All of the activites, game room, beach access, internet access, etc. are at Shorecrest I. So while staying at Shorecrest II you are certain to spend at least some time over there. On the day they were chasing people away from the pool they had nice live entertainment with music on the deck and no such activities were offered at Shorecrest II.

Otherwise, we had a nice stay in a nice unit and were able to utilize the pools, beach, internet access and enjoy the comforts of the nice room.

It had been a long time since we had been to Myrtle Beach and Shorecrest offered a good location with easy access to restaurants, Barefoot Landing and other activities.

Jerzee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2007

We've just returned from a 3-night stay. Let's see...where shall I begin...? Upon entering our unit, there was the pungent smell of fried fish that permeated the entire unit including the linen. A pillow that I assumed was from the previous guests was left in the living area and the unit looked like it was long overdue for a thorough cleaning. In fact when my husband and I cleaned the shower prior to using, it was filthy. The coffee table in the living area was a cottage-style white and it looked like it had never been cleaned. I tend to have high-standards when it comes to travel accomodations and I had never visited Shore Crest but it seemed on paper to be quite nice. It was quite the opposite.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

We stayed at Shorecrest2 in late September and absolutly loved it...I was sick(getting over bronchitis) prior to leaving for the well planned out trip and was misreable untill arrived at the resort and was able to relax and enjoy our oceanview and a very spacious room. We visit myrtle beach every year and I try different resorts untill I'm happy..and I must say I was very happy...Only 1 complaint..our guest shower clogged up the entire visit but the water power was way better than main shower...We had so much fun, I didnt even complain about it : ) Thanks Shorecrest

Stayed September 2006

Been to Shore Crest Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!